599 users online (60 members and 539 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kathyn2 View Post
    Its very difficult to get people extradited from Mexico which is probably why he headed that way so quickly. Altho he and his wife (who is probably in cahoots with him) probably planned this all out and maybe are trying to throw the authorities off his track.

My cousin said that they will extradite from Mexico...the problem will be in finding him.

Quote Originally Posted by MCDRAW View Post
    My cousin said that they will extradite from Mexico...the problem will be in finding him.
    Yup, they extradited Israel Mireles The guy that Killed Emily Sanderson in Kansas, they had to promise to take the DP off the table, but he's in the process of being brought back!

Snip

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5i...wQERAD8TKQERG0

Satterfield said her office had to promise Mexican authorities that it would not seek the death penalty for Mireles. If convicted of capital murder, he would face life in prison without the possibility of parole, she said. The extradition is expected to take about 60 days, Satterfield said.

bit more detail on the process at link

*Note, I posted this in Maria's forum, to show that we have gotten back people recently for horrible crimes when they've fled to Mexico**
    Last edited by JinxieJada; 01-17-2008 at 03:17 AM. Reason: found last name

So the coward told people he would flee to Mexico and the base didn't consider this a flight risk? What was POS so scared of? I thought he said he never touched Maria..so what's the problem? I personally think just for Christina to wait the few hours she did before contacting the base with his stupid note should be enough to put her in jail too...She hindered finding him by giving him those hours.

Don't forget Perry March. It took yrs. but they finally nailed him and his old man. Also, Christian Longo fled down there (after killing his WHOLE family) and he was brought back also. As was Andrew Luster.

I know; mygirl ! How could USMC not have given the Sheriff the name of Maria's rapist sooner ? They could have prevented him from fleeing had they known in time.

And I totally agree about Xtina's waiting around giving him a good head start before calling the base about the note. GRRRR

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    So the coward told people he would flee to Mexico and the base didn't consider this a flight risk? What was POS so scared of? I thought he said he never touched Maria..so what's the problem? I personally think just for Christina to wait the few hours she did before contacting the base with his stupid note should be enough to put her in jail too...She hindered finding him by giving him those hours.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    Bet the military is scrabbling on what next to say. Now how do we cover this up...

Quote Originally Posted by Pharlap View Post
    Bet the military is scrabbling on what next to say. Now how do we cover this up...
    Wouldn't you think Homeland Security also has red faces?

Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie
    So the coward told people he would flee to Mexico and the base didn't consider this a flight risk?

That ought be the question of the year.

This is where I think the Marines went seriously off-track or are now spinning to cover their behinds:

On Monday, December 17, 2007, LCpl Lauterbach failed to report to work. Her leadership begins to inquire as to her whereabouts by calling her cell phone. <snip - minimal investigation> There is an elevated concern for her welfare because of the advanced stage of pregnancy. The command requests permission to list LCpl Lauterbach as a deserter in order to release a DD553 to apprehend her. This was an extraordinary step taken in hope of having her returned so the command could ensure she was receiving the proper medical care. Basically, with a DD553, federal resources could be used to assist in locating her.

Now I'm seriously wondering if they issued the DD553 because of their "elevated concern" for Maria, or if they were breaking open the champaign bottles and celebrating that the "bioch" is finally gone! Because instead of bringing federal resources in to assist, the very next day they make a determination that she's UA. After that they promptly do absolutely nothing until forced, kicking and screaming, to become involved on Jan. 9th.

On Tuesday, December 18, 2007, the section OIC calls LCpl Lauterbachís Mother to notify her of her daughterís absence. Mother states she spoke to Sgt Durham on December 14th, at which time he notified her of LCpl Lauterbachís absence. Mother also states she last spoke to her daughter on December 14th. The section OIC asks Mother about LCpl Lauterbachís whereabouts and possible reasons for leaving. Mother stated she didnít know where she was and didnít have reasons why she may have left. Mother files a Missing Persons Report locally in Ohio. Command receives information regarding the MPR on December 27th.

Command determines LCpl Lauterbach has voluntarily placed herself in an Unauthorized Absence status. The determination is based on the note left behind and some personal items taken to include her car.

Death Penalty

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2321610/

Should Laurean be apprehended in Mexico, Onslow County District Attorney Dewey Hudson would have to submit the case and evidence to Mexican authorities before they would extradite him.

"It's very difficult, because, as you know, this is still an ongoing investigation," Hudson said. "There are more questions than answers, as you know. There are more twists and turns in this case than there are roller coasters at the State Fair."

Hudson and military prosecutors at Camp Lejeune would also have to ensure Laurean would not face the death penalty before Mexican authorities agree to extradite him.

"I'm very opposed to that. This murder occurred in Onslow County," he said. "We have laws in our state and why another country could tell me what the results should be in this case, it's not something that I like."

Congreman Jones' letter to Mexico's president:

http://dig.abclocal.go.com/wtvd/lettertocalderon.pdf

money & sleeping

I have 2 comments on this case.

1. It was stated per the letter that Cesar left that his wife found, that Maria came to his house to ask for money, If that is the case why was he using her atm card to withdraw money from her account and I believe he was able to get her pin number the day he admitted being with her when she withdrew $700.00 and then went to buy the bus ticket to El Paso Tx he could have looked over her shoulder while she withdrew the money.

2. If it is true that on Thurs Jan 10th while on the way to the attorneys office that he started to confide in his wife what had happened to Maria and she was now dead and buried in their backyard, Why in the world would the wife feel so comftorable that she could go to bed and sleep, without knowing that he may decide to kill their child, her and himself. I think she was sitting with him while he wrote the note, That she supposidly found the next morning. For all we know he came home from the Attorney appt he wrote the note and said goodbye to his child and wife and headed out that night, then she slept before calling the base and telling them what she knows.

JMHO

KIMMER
    JMHO
    Kimmer

"A lie gets half way around the world before the truth can gets its pants on" Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Kimmer View Post
    I have 2 comments on this case.

1. It was stated per the letter that Cesar left that his wife found, that Maria came to his house to ask for money, If that is the case why was he using her atm card to withdraw money from her account and I believe he was able to get her pin number the day he admitted being with her when she withdrew $700.00 and then went to buy the bus ticket to El Paso Tx he could have looked over her shoulder while she withdrew the money.

2. If it is true that on Thurs Jan 10th while on the way to the attorneys office that he started to confide in his wife what had happened to Maria and she was now dead and buried in their backyard, Why in the world would the wife feel so comftorable that she could go to bed and sleep, without knowing that he may decide to kill their child, her and himself. I think she was sitting with him while he wrote the note, That she supposidly found the next morning. For all we know he came home from the Attorney appt he wrote the note and said goodbye to his child and wife and headed out that night, then she slept before calling the base and telling them what she knows.
    JMHO

KIMMER

The only thing is, if she remembers correctly, the neighbor's wife saw him outside with the dog at 6:30 AM on Jan 11th.

That is a huge IF tho. Witnesses can be mistaken about such dates. They are dealing with a trauma, too. Not every day is a body buried in your neighbor's yard and the shovel to dig the grave could be your own. This would be a very stressful, I would think.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Now, they have a credible lead that he is in the "west".
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast