1145 users online (153 members and 992 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 198
  1. #61
    Ramos Ramirez said he didn't contact police about his cousin because he believes Laurean is innocent.

    "It didn't seem right to contact police," he said. "He is a normal person, with no tendency for doing bad things."

    He said police still hadn't contacted him about his cousin late Tuesday, despite the international manhunt.

    Officials in Jalisco state, home to Guadalajara, said they hadn't been formally notified of Laurean's warrant.

    http://www.tri-cityherald.com/24hour...13338866c.html
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    Don't forget the bonfire SS. Gotta have the bonfire!

    Susan
    OMG! How could I have left that out?! Thanks, Susan!!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    My guess is drinking tequila, playing cards, and soaking up the sun with his friends and family. Party time for Cesar! He is free! (Maybe they just need to keep an eye out for huge gatherings where they are shooting guns up in the air and celebrating Cesar outsmarting the FBI, Marines, and American LE.)
    If he is smart, he will lie low.

    At least until the media moves on.

    If CNN keeps finding him, Mexican authorities will HAVE to do something (once negotiations with the U.S. are completed...if this hasn't been done and isn't in place already).

    My opinion.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Texas, Heart Of
    Posts
    1,669
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Ramos Ramirez said he didn't contact police about his cousin because he believes Laurean is innocent.

    "It didn't seem right to contact police," he said. "He is a normal person, with no tendency for doing bad things."

    He said police still hadn't contacted him about his cousin late Tuesday, despite the international manhunt.

    Officials in Jalisco state, home to Guadalajara, said they hadn't been formally notified of Laurean's warrant.

    http://www.tri-cityherald.com/24hour...13338866c.html
    And THIS is how POS got into Mexico with no problem, acquired a new identity with no problem and is "vacationing" in Mexico with some buddies without any interference from Mexican LE. I have debated this issue of general "distrust" of US Law Enforcement with Hispanic friends and they tell me that many citizens of Mexico have little or no respect for what they consider "Gringo Law" - they are suspicious of our motives and feel Hispanics are persecuted and accused of crimes without evidence, provocation or reason.

    CL may not have been "close" to his family in Mexico before, but I can assure you, they are rallying around him now. In their eyes, CL is being accused only because he is Hispanic (and a naturalized citizen) and Maria was not. With the tensions between Mexico and the US on the immigration issue and the building of "The Fence" on the border - the average Mexican citizen is easily convinced that the US "has it in" for every Mexican. CL told his family he is innocent and they believe him. They aren't watching CNN and Nancy and Greta and reading newspapers and getting on the internet participating in online forums like we are and thus, are far more "open" to believing whatever BS CL is selling - like an evil conspiracy by the US to convict him for a crime he didn't commit.

    If you have any Hispanic friends or co-workers ask 'em - they will tell you in a heartbeat that not only does LE in Mexico not feel any urgency to arrest CL for us, but that CL's friends and family ARE supporting him and his supporters have a great deal of influence (right or wrong) on local LE and the rest of the community. It doesn't matter what documents we (the US) may have sent to MExico - in Mexico, LE sees and hears only what it wishes to see and hear (or what it is PAID to see and hear).

    Right now Mexican LE is "not seeing" any warrants to arrest POS, and they are also "not seeing" POS himself.

    My Opinion

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    54
    If he thinks things are heating-up, do you think he will head south out of Mexico?

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by FlowerChild View Post
    And THIS is how POS got into Mexico with no problem, acquired a new identity with no problem and is "vacationing" in Mexico with some buddies without any interference from Mexican LE. I have debated this issue of general "distrust" of US Law Enforcement with Hispanic friends and they tell me that many citizens of Mexico have little or no respect for what they consider "Gringo Law" - they are suspicious of our motives and feel Hispanics are persecuted and accused of crimes without evidence, provocation or reason.

    CL may not have been "close" to his family in Mexico before, but I can assure you, they are rallying around him now. In their eyes, CL is being accused only because he is Hispanic (and a naturalized citizen) and Maria was not. With the tensions between Mexico and the US on the immigration issue and the building of "The Fence" on the border - the average Mexican citizen is easily convinced that the US "has it in" for every Mexican. CL told his family he is innocent and they believe him. They aren't watching CNN and Nancy and Greta and reading newspapers and getting on the internet participating in online forums like we are and thus, are far more "open" to believing whatever BS CL is selling - like an evil conspiracy by the US to convict him for a crime he didn't commit.

    If you have any Hispanic friends or co-workers ask 'em - they will tell you in a heartbeat that not only does LE in Mexico not feel any urgency to arrest CL for us, but that CL's friends and family ARE supporting him and his supporters have a great deal of influence (right or wrong) on local LE and the rest of the community. It doesn't matter what documents we (the US) may have sent to MExico - in Mexico, LE sees and hears only what it wishes to see and hear (or what it is PAID to see and hear).

    Right now Mexican LE is "not seeing" any warrants to arrest POS, and they are also "not seeing" POS himself.

    My Opinion
    I agree.

    BUT, I think Mexican LE will have to do something when negotiations and paperwork are complete AND CNN keeps finding him. Or when a relative wanting to collect the reward money turns CL in.

    If CL is thrown in LE's face and there is a warrant out for him, they will pick him up.

    I don't know how hard LE will investigate to find CL. But, in my opinion, he isn't safe. Not with media attention and a reward on his head.

    In my opinion.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Gobles, Michigan
    Posts
    246
    I'm hoping he will get complacent enough to pop back into the U.S. just to see if he can.

    Boy, wouldn't THAT be something.

    Remember, they ALWAYS return to the scene of the crime.

    Plus, he has a wife and child here in the States.


    (Crossing Fingers).
    "Kicks just keep getting harder to find"....

    -Paul Revere and the Raiders

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,107
    I just don't understand why CL is being so cavalier about where he goes and who sees him. He is either an idiot, wants to get caught or feels invincible.

  9. #69
    He just outsmarted the FBI, the Marines, and American LE agencies...Of course, he feels invincible!! (And might I add...untouchable...now that he is in his homeland of Mexico!)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,004
    Not only does he appear untouchable, to this day LE doesn't seem to be doing a thing about finding him and bringing him back. I would have been down in guadalajara the day he left and at all the border points too. But not these keystone cops. They still haven't sent anyone down there that we know of. I was hoping they were doing something behind the scenes but it sure doesnt appear so from what the CNN guy said. Even he looked incredulous. I don't think Cesar has much to worry about with this crew looking for him.


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on top of shale bedrock
    Posts
    1,586
    I hope his family makes him nice and comfortable and off-guard before they turn him in for cash. Are they waiting for the reward to go higher?

  12. #72
    Seven's Avatar
    Seven is offline 1984 All Over Again:The Collective Rules
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Peoples Republik of Kalifornia
    Posts
    1,191
    Moved from another thread........

    Quote Originally Posted by Truly View Post
    I recall reading that a North Carolina official (the local DA??) had sent a letter asking Mexican authorities for assistance in apprehending the criminal Laurean. But the Mexican authorities can not act to extradite a criminal who has broken the law in the US without an "official request for help from the US". So the question is: Why has the US not asked Mexican authorities to arrest Laurean?
    Why indeed! We in the Peoples Republik of Kalifornia have had this question repeatedly rubbed in our noses ............... It seeems to be a one-way street w/Mexico ....... It was only because his family spent years (and who knows how much money) that the man who shot CHP officer David March w/kill shot to the head after shooting him in the chest at a routine traffic stop, was finally extradited back to us.

    There seems to be some kind of unholy alliance between some US officials and Mexico. Not saying it's a $$$$$ alliance, but what else would make former New Yorker, now LAPD chief bratton say of "sanctuary city status" (among other things, LE cannot ask citizenship status until a suspect has been "charged") -- where was I oh yes -- Chief Bratton said of Los Angeles residents who dont like his policies .... "If they don't like it, they can leave the state." ....... Right! He's an unelected carpetbagger from NY telling native californians to put up or shut up!

    " ...... Los Angeles Police Department Chief William “Bill” Bratton took the coward’s way out by failing to show up at a May 8 tribute in Santa Clarita, CA. to honor murdered police officer Deputy David March.
    March was killed in the line of duty two years ago, by Armando Garcia, a thrice-deported illegal alien now living in Mexico."
    http://www.vdare.com/guzzardi/murder_lobby.htm

    "We the People" are turning into We the Powerless!
    But we did EVENTUALLY get armando garcia back:
    http://www.usmarshals.gov/news/chron/2007/010907.htm

    I can only pray it doesnt take 4 years to get Laurean back!
    Now, AG's here for the rest of his life.....

  13. #73
    Sorry if my posts were coming off as being prejudiced. I am angry that the Mexican authorities haven't been notified, angry that the Death Penalty is now off the table for such a horrific crime, and angry that we seem to be dealing with a country that flaunts it in our face daily that our laws mean nothing to them...but we have to abide strictly by their laws!

    I feel sorry for Maria's family because they will never have true justice in this case. It isn't right!!

    Is my anger misplaced?! Maybe. This case raises the awareness of how easy it is for someone in Cesar's position to jump and run...avoiding the punishment he deserves. I didn't realize before now this was an issue. It certainly has opened my eyes and I don't like what I see.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Houston,Texas
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Sorry if my posts were coming off as being prejudiced. I am angry that the Mexican authorities haven't been notified, angry that the Death Penalty is now off the table for such a horrific crime, and angry that we seem to be dealing with a country that flaunts it in our face daily that our laws mean nothing to them...but we have to abide strictly by their laws!

    I feel sorry for Maria's family because they will never have true justice in this case. It isn't right!!

    Is my anger misplaced?! Maybe. This case raises the awareness of how easy it is for someone in Cesar's position to jump and run...avoiding the punishment he deserves. I didn't realize before now this was an issue. It certainly has opened my eyes and I don't like what I see.
    SS, you are so right. We now know how the next wave of terrorists will operate and CL has set the standard.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    681
    I don't think anyone made any unkind remarks. This is one of the most caring groups of people I've encountered. I try to quietly steer the conversation back to the legal way of doing things in any forum where any kind of vigilante justice is suggested. Plus, I'm not convinced that Mexico is the country which has dropped the ball in this case. CL seemed to take his sweet time slipping through the fingers of Marine and American Law enforcement.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-23-2013, 02:24 PM
  2. Christina Laurean
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Maria Lauterbach - pregnant Marine
    Replies: 997
    Last Post: 06-26-2013, 09:18 PM
  3. Found Deceased Mexico - Sylvia Vargas Escalera, 18, Mexico City, 10 Sept 2007
    By sweetwater in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-19-2009, 08:38 AM

Tags for this Thread