Burning a Body . . . The Smell?

swa

Reaction score
From everything I have ever read -- it always states that a burning body is one of the absolute worst smells imaginable.

Having said that -- how was the able to burn a body in his own backyard without the smell bothering someone?

Need someone to look up the weather temperatures of the area for the time of the month this happened.

Also when were the LARGE quantities of charcoal requested of the neighbors, time of the month those were acquired. I don't have a source for the info about the borrowing of LARGE amounts of charcoal from neighbors, but did read it here on the forum in a post that had no source.

Briquettes sp? would not emit a visible amount of smoke for neighbors to see.

Area weather temperatures would have most likely, IF IF my suspicions are correct have been too cold for folks to have been outside to smell for any length of time. IF IF neighbors pull into their garages with GDO closing behind them, then less likely for there to be an odor available for them to smell. imop.

IF IF teenage children of neighbors parked their cars OUTSIDE, then most likely they would not have noticed or understood what they might have been smelling, OR OR even have mentioned it to their parents.

I asked the same question as soon as we found out about him burning their bodies. If you have ever burned your hair accidently...the stench from that alone is horrendous. I have heard from others about finding burnt bodies (my ex is a fireman) and they said the smell is something you never mistake or forget.

I don't see any way to cover up the smell while he is burning them...but my guess would be that he did this in the middle of the night...on more than one night while people were sleeping.

He had the BBQ after he felt certain he had erradicated the smell issue. IMO, the BBQ was held in the backyard to erase any suspicious behavior his neighbors might have seen prior and gives him people who can say they didn't notice anything amiss in his backyard later.

But I wonder if, as was stated on an earlier thread, if she was burned underground (we were discussing pig roasting, sorry) if that would cover the smell somewhat?

Hmmmm...good question. I guess we will have to rely on someone who has actually roasted a pig for that answer.

But I wonder if, as was stated on an earlier thread, if she was burned underground (we were discussing pig roasting, sorry) if that would cover the smell somewhat?

yes, after watching Greta last night, i think Maria was buried during the night...as deep as he could get her, THEN the idea of a fire pit, to cover up the burial.....

Need someone to look up the weather temperatures of the area for the time of the month this happened.

Also when were the LARGE quantities of charcoal requested of the neighbors, time of the month those were acquired. I don't have a source for the info about the borrowing of LARGE amounts of charcoal from neighbors, but did read it here on the forum in a post that had no source.

Briquettes sp? would not emit a visible amount of smoke for neighbors to see.

Area weather temperatures would have most likely, IF IF my suspicions are correct have been too cold for folks to have been outside to smell for any length of time. IF IF neighbors pull into their garages with GDO closing behind them, then less likely for there to be an odor available for them to smell. imop.

IF IF teenage children of neighbors parked their cars OUTSIDE, then most likely they would not have noticed or understood what they might have been smelling, OR OR even have mentioned it to their parents.

here ya go, Camper....

http://www.accuweather.com/forecast...ipChg=1&zipcode=28540&metric=0&mnYr=12/1/2007

Hmmmm...good question. I guess we will have to rely on someone who has actually roasted a pig for that answer.

When we were discussing this earlier (it was me that brought up the possibility of an underground/pig roasting type of burning :( ) I asked my husband if you could still smell it.
He said yes indeed....hence the vultures circling above as earlier stated.
But I wonder if a human body would smell much different than an animal, especially if it was done underground.

Underground seems very plausible to me because of how shallow she was buried and they were calling it a cavity...like the method that is used to roast a pig....and because of all of the ashes...and all of the charcoal that was used. You need alot of charcaol brickets to roast underground.

We also discussed that he probably knew the technique because pig roasting is something that I hear alot of soldiers talking about in the summertime and Beavismom said that when she was in the military, she remembers them being mentioned too.

Horribly cruel and atrocious....

I haven't found the article which mentions a lot of charcoal. Could someone tell me if it is in the media link thread or where they found it?

When we were discussing this earlier (it was me that brought up the possibility of an underground/pig roasting type of burning :( ) I asked my husband if you could still smell it.
He said yes indeed....hence the vultures circling above as earlier stated.
But I wonder if a human body would smell much different than an animal, especially if it was done underground.

Underground seems very plausible to me because of how shallow she was buried and they were calling it a cavity...like the method that is used to roast a pig....and because of all of the ashes...and all of the charcoal that was used. You need alot of charcaol brickets to roast underground.

We also discussed that he probably knew the technique because pig roasting is something that I hear alot of soldiers talking about in the summertime and Beavismom said that when she was in the military, she remembers them being mentioned too.

Horribly cruel and atrocious....

thanks, ember. Sorry I couldn't remember who mentioned it. Sure makes sense to me, too!

What if he placed her in the Fire pit and then poured gasoline On her.I too have not seen anything saying Charcoal was used.WIth gasoline it would almost be supontanious (SP) combustion so it would burh fast without much smell. Then he placed another layer of dirt over her to cover her. And then they had the Bon fire in the so called fire pit with the part of the fence. No one there would even know that beneath was her body.

To burn the body suggest to me that he was trying o cover-up DNA evidence.
I wonder if he sexually assualted her before the murder? If rape charges are true he does have a history of sexual assault.

I think one of his neighbors tht did an interview mentioned the purchase of allot of charcol for the BBQ on Christmas.

To burn the body suggest to me that he was trying o cover-up DNA evidence.
I wonder if he sexually assualted her before the murder? If rape charges are true he does have a history of sexual assault.
OMG! I never even contemplated he could have raped her again. :mad:

Of course he was since the point of killing her and the baby was to destroy HIS DNA.

OMG! I never even contemplated he could have raped her again. :mad:

Of course he was since the point of killing her and the baby was to destroy HIS DNA.

Yes, I think he was attempting to make it where the paternity of the baby could not been found out, plus incinerate Maria's dead body (evidence of murder).

What if he placed her in the Fire pit and then poured gasoline On her.I too have not seen anything saying Charcoal was used.WIth gasoline it would almost be supontanious (SP) combustion so it would burh fast without much smell. Then he placed another layer of dirt over her to cover her. And then they had the Bon fire in the so called fire pit with the part of the fence. No one there would even know that beneath was her body.

sensible theory, imo....

I vaguely remember early on that it was said she was buried 6" deep.

Yep, I recall that now, because my comment was, heck even a dog could dig that deep. (thinking it was a shallow grave).

Unfortunately, I have no link and reading what has been posted here, it must have been wrong.

I won't go into why it's wrong..............too gruesome.

I vaguely remember early on that it was said she was buried 6" deep.

Yep, I recall that now, because my comment was, heck even a dog could dig that deep. (thinking it was a shallow grave).

Unfortunately, I have no link and reading what has been posted here, it must have been wrong.

I won't go into why it's wrong..............too gruesome.

Looking at the video Nancy just showed. It was deeper then 6 inches. they were up to their knees in the hole

I thought it was a 2 ft deep grave... (is what I recall)

Sorry JDB:

Just got back to this thread.

But from what I recall watching a snippet of the recovery the other day, it definately was deeper than 6".

But that would make sense if you want to recover a whole body.......and one that is pregnant.

SORRY IF GRUESOME.....................IT KILLED ME TO TYPE THAT.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back