1083 users online (231 members and 852 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AL - Julian Hernandez, 4, Birmingham, 28 Aug 2002

Missing Since: August 28, 2002 from Birmingham, Alabama

Classification: Family Abduction

Date of Birth: March 31, 1997

Height and Weight: 3'0 - 3'7, 43 pounds

Distinguishing Characteristics: Biracial (Puerto Rican/Caucasian) male. Light brown hair, brown eyes. Julian has a small freckle on his left cheek near his mouth. His left cheek is dimpled. Julian may stutter. He is right-handed.
    Details of Disappearance

Julian was last seen in Birmingham, Alabama on August 28, 2002. His father, Bobby Hernandez, agreed to take him to preschool. Instead, he withdrew cash from his bank accounts and fled with Julian, taking some the child's clothing, his stuffed Orca whale, and his soft baby afghan. A photograph and vital statistics for Bobby are posted below this case summary.

Bobby and and Julian may be traveling in a white 1996 Chevrolet Silverado pickup truck with Alabama license plates numbered 1B4649C. They are thought to be in a coastal area with a warm climate. Possible destinations include Guam, Puerto Rico, Hawaii, or the Tampa or Key West areas of Florida. Julian enjoys fishing, watching movies, and eating at Chuck E Cheese pizza restaurant franchises. His case remains unsolved.

Above: Bobby Hernandez
    Date of Birth: September 3, 1962
    Height and Weight: 6'0, 165 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Hispanic (Puerto Rican) male. Dark brown hair, blue eyes. Bobby is right-handed and his right ear is pierced. He may use the alias last names Green, Little, Riley and/or Diaz. He has a history of changing identities. Bobby may stutter. He smokes and drinks Pepsi. He may be employed in the food or airline industries, as a car salesman, or as an assembler.

Charley Project
    NCMEC

Vestavia Hills boy who went missing in 2002 found in Cleveland

Bobby Hernandez, the father accused of abducting his 5-year-old boy from Vestavia Hills, Alabama in 2002, is charged with one count of tampering with records, according to court documents. He is being held in the Cuyahoga County Jail on a $250,000 bond.

His son, Julian Hernandez, was recently found safe and unharmed in Cleveland more than 13 years after his mother reported him missing. He is now 18 years old.

http://abc3340.com/news/local/vestav...d-in-cleveland

Thank goodness!
    'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler

I searched for a thread on Julian and didn't find one when I read this in the local news yesterday. So sad that Julian's mom missed out on his life, but I'm thankful he's alive and well!

So thankful that Julian was found alive and well.

According to this article, Julian was applying for college when a discrepancy was found with his SSN. He and his counselor then found him listed on the NCMEC site.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ala...uNi?li=AAa0dzB

Wow! What a shock that must have been for him! I wonder what he was told about his mother.
    'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler

Rumour alert** Someone posted on reddit about a month ago ...wondering what to do. The poster said that as a result of applying to college they had just found out that they had been taken by his dad as a young child.

I'm guessing this was the outcome.
    Regardless, how difficult it must be for someone in his position. The choice is to lose the only parent that you know if you speak up.
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Glad they found him, awesome outcome. He's got the same middle name as my son.

Snippets from the article

Evans said on Thursday that mother and son had since been in contact, but he was not sure whether it was by email, phone or other means.

The mother's family said in a statement: "Our family was overjoyed this week to locate Julian and learn that he is safe. We want to thank everyone for their prayers and support during Julian's disappearance."

Evans said he was told that the teenager was "a very good student" and by all accounts a well-adjusted young man.

A neighbor in Cleveland, Jeremy Hills, said he knew Bobby Hernandez as Jonathan Mangina and his son as Jay or J - Hills wasn't sure. Hills said he thought they lived there with Bobby Hernandez's wife and two other children, ages 3 and 14. The neighbor said the family had been there for about four years.

Hills said he was led to believe Hernandez was divorced and his ex-wife lived in Alabama. He said Hernandez once told him that his ex-wife "didn't want to be a mom anymore."

http://m.wlwt.com/news/ohio-teen-dis...llege/36284644
    The World Has Gone Mad.

That jerk father deserves what he's got! I'm surprised he hasn't been charged with kidnapping? Is that not an appropriate charge for this case?

I know some feel bad because the 18 year old has "lost the only family he knew".

Let's just hope he didn't learn his father's lying, stealing ways......and that this young man has the coping skills to begin to wrap his head around the felonies his father has committed.

This makes me SO mad. The mother missed out on being part of her son's life, the son has learned that much of his life has been a total lie.....and he missed out on a mother who wanted to love him....

And his father will now be spending some quality time with some fine fellas behind bars.

I can't even say what I really think about this father. So. Mad.
    Last edited by Wish I Knew; 11-05-2015 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopster View Post
    Rumour alert** Someone posted on reddit about a month ago ...wondering what to do. The poster said that as a result of applying to college they had just found out that they had been taken by his dad as a young child.

I'm guessing this was the outcome.
    Regardless, how difficult it must be for someone in his position. The choice is to lose the only parent that you know if you speak up.
    MSM article:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...teen/75234224/

Missing teen may have turned to Reddit for help

From the USA Today article linked above...

See, my mom and dad had a deal that if they broke up, my dad would take me, but ... my dad got a call from a judge ordering him to return me to my mother, and that was when he decided to run away.
    Obviously he believed his dad (at least at the time he initially posted on reddit) that the dad had a "deal" with the mom. Riiiight.
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Wow. Just wow.

So much damage......for selfish reasons.

Poor Julian :-(

Boy Missing 13 Years Found Safe In Ohio Makes First Public Statement

http://fox6now.com/2015/11/06/boy-mi...lic-statement/

What happened to Erica Jayne Franolich?
    Missing from Middleburgh, NY, October 1986

I wish you well Julian. May you live the life you want to lead...out of the public spotlight from now on.
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast