906 users online (141 members and 765 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Truly View Post
    Unauthorized Absence (UA) is the new term, Camper. There is supposed to be a 45 day wait before the charge of UA is upgraded to desertion. HOWEVER, the Marines, in their official announcement, stated that they had charged MARIA with desertion after only a few days, out of some sickeningly false pretence of concern for her baby.

The penalty for desertion is death ONLY IF the United States is in a declared war. Neither Iraq nor Afganistan are declared wars.

--->>>Thank you so much. I do think a thread for just questions and good answers is a good idea. Surely WE all care enough to come over with answers for each other, without wading through a ton of chat. I love to chat, but cannot always READ enough to get up to snuff on stuff.

My son just got out of the military - I've been out for several years now. He says there has not been the DP for deserters since WWII. UA is the term 'Unauthorized Absence' for a Marine not showing up to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Truly View Post
    Unauthorized Absence (UA) is the new term, Camper. There is supposed to be a 45 day wait before the charge of UA is upgraded to desertion. HOWEVER, the Marines, in their official announcement, stated that they had charged MARIA with desertion after only a few days, out of some sickeningly false pretence of concern for her baby.

The penalty for desertion is death ONLY IF the United States is in a declared war. Neither Iraq nor Afganistan are declared wars.

Truly, there is a good reason for them to have charged Maria with desertion out of concern for her.

Service members who are listed as UA will not make it into LE databases and the military does not go looking for them. The service kind of hopes that once soldiers go UA, they will stay out for 45 days, using up their leave and running out their pay. Otherwise, the military is in the position of, when they find them and give them a dishonorable discharge, having to pay them a month's salary, plus any leave accrued, not to mention having to pay them while they are in the brig.

If a member is listed as a deserter, though, they ARE entered into LE databases. The military still won't go out and look for them, but if they are stopped by the police, their ID is flagged, the military is notified, and they are held until the military can pick them up. Being charged as a deserter was really the only way the military had to locate Maria.

Our military is not allowed by law to go out into the civilian parts of the U.S. and search for people. As my husband says, "It's Posse Comitatus, baby."

Quote Originally Posted by calidreamin View Post
    What day did Mrs. POS tell her neighbor she was busy painting the whole house and the garage?
    The neighbors husband was interviewed by Greta's team and said pos's wife talked about painting the house around the 16th, he wasn't sure of the date.

http://www.foxnews.com/video2/player...&299.021&&&new

Quote Originally Posted by dottierainbow View Post
    Is it normal to plant flowers in Dec.?
    I live in the SE so I can tell you no, it's not normal to plant flowers in Dec. Many people in the SE plants bulbs in the fall and some trees and shrubs can be planted in winter, but not flowers.

Is it policy for the military to notify LE of the restraining order that Maria filed against Laurean?

Did they violate policy by not doing that?

Is it true that a state official has oppointed a public defender for Laurean even though he as not been arrested and he has hired three attorneys on his own and that the local DA said it was, "highly unusual?"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4