1064 users online (232 members and 832 guests)  

Websleuths News

MI - William Foote, 16, Grand Blanc, 17 Jan 2008

To be honest, I'm not sure why this is an AMBER Alert. It doesn't appear that there was any abduction. Just that he is probably suicidal and needs medication. I can't find a picture of him either.

Missing From: Grand Blanc, MI
    Missing Date: January 17, 2008
    Issued For: Michigan: Statewide
    Contact: If you have information, please contact Grand Blanc Township Police Department at 810-424-2611

Circumstances: The 16 year-old child is missing. He is on medication that he needs and he may be suicidal.

Missing Child

Name: William John Foote

Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Brown
    Skin Color: White
    Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 130 lbs
    DOB: 7/3/1991

Description: Needs his medication. Suicidal. Dark hoodie, jeans, possibly a 2-tone brown winter coat, blue backpack

Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 01-17-2008 at 04:40 PM. Reason: Adding link

The AMBER Alert has been taken off of the NCMEC web site. I'm not sure if he has been found or not. All of the articles that I could find didn't mention anything. So until we hear otherwise...here is some additional info from another link, and a picture:

"He may also have taken a Black spray painted "Mongoose" style bike, that is missing out of the garage. Anyone with information should immediately call 9-1-1 or the Grand Blanc Township Police Department at 810-424-2611."

On the Third Coast

Heading to Otsego MI?

17 Jan 08

Grand Blanc Township Police Department has issued an Amber Alert for a 16-year-old boy who is on medication.

The child, William John Foote, 16, is white, 5'9" tall, weighs 130 pounds, and has brown eyes and brown hair.

Police said without his medication Foote could endanger his health and may be suicidal.

The teen may be heading to family in the Otsego [MI] area.

Foote was last seen wearing a dark hoodie, jeans, possibly two-tone brown in color, a winter coat and carrying a blue backpack.

If you have any information, call Grand Blanc Township Police at (810) 424-2611.

Alert cancelled..FOUND SAFE

Thank God! Thanks for the update, Petra.

I still don't understand why this was an AMBER Alert, though. The #1 criteria for an AMBER Alert is that law enforcement must have reason to believe that an abduction has occurred. I know that each state can make its own rules, but seriously.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that they didn't have reason to believe that this boy was in danger. I'm also not saying that I think an alert shouldn't have been issued. I am one that believes that all missing children should have attention brought to them. Some sort of missing child alert should have been issued, but not an AMBER Alert.

Just my opinion.