594 users online (78 members and 516 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Susan's name popped up in the news today: http://www.twincities.com/2017/07/27...-come-forward/

Susan Swedell went missing on Jan. 19, 1988, after leaving her overheated car at a Lake Elmo gas station, following her shift at a Kmart in Oak Park Heights. The gas station’s attendant saw her get in another man’s car, and a subsequent investigation of her car found that the radiator’s “petcock” — the plug on the bottom — had been removed, draining the radiator of fluid.

The station where she was last seen, at Manning Avenue and Highway 5, was less than a mile from her home.

Quote Originally Posted by LucyOso View Post
    Here is a link to a UID found in NY on Feb. 14, 1988. Very close in height, weight, eye color, hair. I did not want to post the photo as I don't know how to do a graphic warning. This UID was created in Namus on May 3rd and modified on May 15th. Dentals have not been entered yet.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/10229
    Bringing this forward - Susan is not on the exclusions list.

I wonder if the New York UID was investigated? A user submitted Susan as a possible match, but they haven't posted since 2012, so I'm not sure what they found out (if anything). Susan isn't on the exclusions list, as BethAnn777 stated in the previous post.

I think "Dale" could very well be the man who picked her up and likely murdered her. Although the calls with this man probably seemed innocent to coworkers, he could've been controlling and manipulative behind closed doors and for whatever reason Susan stayed with him. Maybe she was seeing someone else and/or trying to leave him, which could explain the change into a short skirt. Her attacker could've tampered with her car, knowing she'd soon need a ride, saw that she was dressed for a date, and snapped. Or maybe there was no other man involved and this guy just wanted to kill her. Unfortunately there are quite a few possibilities on exactly how she was taken. I don't feel that she was allowed to return home, rather that her abductor did to clean up evidence or to make it seem like she had been there and create a false lead. I'm really hoping the UID is either confirmed or ruled out soon.

Susan won't be on the rule out list since both she and Westchester County Jane Doe both have profiles in CODIS.
    They only list manual comparisons, not automatic ones.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    Susan won't be on the rule out list since both she and Westchester County Jane Doe both have profiles in CODIS.
    They only list manual comparisons, not automatic ones.
    I did not know this. Thanks for the lesson learned here.

Also wondering, how do you know if a missing person is in CODIS or not?

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn777 View Post
    Also wondering, how do you know if a missing person is in CODIS or not?
    In NamUs, if it states "Sample submitted - Tests complete" under the DNA tab, it's in CODIS
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

Quote Originally Posted by Alleykins View Post
    In NamUs, if it states "Sample submitted - Tests complete" under the DNA tab, it's in CODIS
    Got it, thanks.

Is anyone actively looking into Susan's disappearance? Does anyone have any police information they can give me? I remember this happening and would like to help in the case. I was 15 at the time and she lived 45 minutes from me (less now with new Hwy's). It was about the same time that a guy showed up on the gravel road, outside our house, where I grew up. Scary things were happening in Minnesota at that time.

I found this news story from Jan. 2017

http://kstp.com/news/missing-minneso...ights/4371913/

We are producing a podcast on Susan's disappearance. Does anyone have any information or theories they can share with me?

Quote Originally Posted by jenn_1586 View Post
    Is anyone actively looking into Susan's disappearance? Does anyone have any police information they can give me? I remember this happening and would like to help in the case. I was 15 at the time and she lived 45 minutes from me (less now with new Hwy's). It was about the same time that a guy showed up on the gravel road, outside our house, where I grew up. Scary things were happening in Minnesota at that time.
    I'm not sure how actively anyone is searching. There seems to be confusion with the New York Jane Doe, but CarlK stated Susan was ruled out as a match by the Westchester, NY PD. If CarlK says she's ruled out, then she's ruled out. More information is needed on "Dale". More detail is needed from the clerk at the gas station.

Can you elaborate on what was happening in your neighborhood at the time?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3