Identified! KY - 5 Bodies Found in Submerged Car, Jan 2008 - Johnson family

Awwww How sad! Sounds like an accident, but it is odd they aren't saying how long they have been there. Surely someone has been missing what sounds like an entire family. :' (

This is so sad. I wonder if it was a family on vacation that isn't missed yet. :(

If this happened to our family, I think the schools would call after a few days about absent children but probably wouldn't pursue anything with LE; my husband's work would probably call the 2nd day of unreported absence but probably wouldn't pursue it with LE either; and nobody would miss me as I don't work in an office or go to school!

Even though we talk regularly I don't know if either of our extended families would realize something was really wrong for a few days. :eek:

I wish there was more news about this case.

Our entire family has a rule which we always abide by when traveling. We call one designated person when we leave and we call again when we arrive at our destination. (If the trip takes several days, we do this from hotel to hotel.) This way if there is trouble, someone knows in a relatively short time and can retrace our steps or call for help if they cannot locate us via cell phone etc.

Hamilton police are investigating whether the five people found dead Thursday in Gallatin County were the same people reported missing in Hamilton, Ohio, on Jan. 10, according to Officer Dave Crawford, Hamilton Police spokesman.

"Our investigation section has been in contact with authorities in Kentucky...but identification has not been made."

The Hamilton Police missing person’s report states that the missing people are: Kendra Johnson, 26; her husband, Glenn, 34, their son Sevin, 5, and two daughters, 2-year-old McKinzye and 18-month-old Mya.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080118/NEWS0103/801180420

So sad - they were only four miles from home, too! :( They must have been disoriented in the fog, or maybe a deer ran out in front of them?

I didn't see this posted anywhere. This is so sad!

GALLATIN COUNTY - Authorities discovered the bodies of five family members - reported missing more than two weeks ago - in Eagle Creek after a passer-by noticed their submerged car.
Investigators identified the family Friday evening after autopsies were completed. They are Glenn Allen Johnson Jr., 33; his pregnant wife, Kendra Nicole Johnson, 26; and their son Sevin, 5; daughter Mekenzie, 2; and daughter Mya Ula-Jean, 18 months. The family most recently lived in Hamilton, Ohio, but had family in Kentucky.
Autopsies at St. Luke Hospital East in Fort Thomas determined that they died of drowning.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080119/NEWS0103/801190402

I didn't see this posted anywhere. This is so sad!

GALLATIN COUNTY - Authorities discovered the bodies of five family members - reported missing more than two weeks ago - in Eagle Creek after a passer-by noticed their submerged car.
Investigators identified the family Friday evening after autopsies were completed. They are Glenn Allen Johnson Jr., 33; his pregnant wife, Kendra Nicole Johnson, 26; and their son Sevin, 5; daughter Mekenzie, 2; and daughter Mya Ula-Jean, 18 months. The family most recently lived in Hamilton, Ohio, but had family in Kentucky.
Autopsies at St. Luke Hospital East in Fort Thomas determined that they died of drowning.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080119/NEWS0103/801190402

This story is so sad. The article indicates they were pretty much homeless. So very sad. :(

That's very sad. May they RIP. The missing persons report did say that mom and dad used drugs. I wonder if that played into the accident. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I read it.

I wonder if they weren't belted in and that's how LE can't tell who was driving? Also if they were good swimmers, they didn't try to escape the submerging vehicle? Maybe they felt if they couldn't save all the children, they would all just perish? ..so sad

Just curious..but why were the babies not listed by name in the reports? Just as "immediate family"? I really do not know much about these things, but it just struck me as wierd..anyway...

i never did understand either,, what happens the moment someone in a car plunges into the water. does the shock of it just paralyze you?? i would imagine so,, and especially if the water were ice cold. and, ironically.. i bet having your seat belt on is what actually kills you.

I just now saw this story on a site called nyk/ the enquirer and looked here on Websleuths to see if it was here.

I was deeply saddened by this and the photo of the family looked so sweet and loving.

Then I read on and I felt it was so unnecessary for the article to mention the dad had been in jail before and the mom was once a topless dancer. Why did they have to put that in there? I was bothered by that.

Poor little family all lost their lives together. I feel in reporting the story they could have left those comments out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back