1108 users online (156 members and 952 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JinxieJada View Post
    Did they move her until they figured out what to do with her? (Meaning her body, not her alive..although..perhaps that too, is possible.)

Apologies for a possible insensitive question- BUT is it just one hit that constitutes "blunt force trauma" or multiple strikes...Both?

Maybe a bit OT for the thread..BUT has there been any mention of where their child was during the time this all occurred?
    could very well have been multiple strikes....i'm guessing this is the case, with so much blood, & spatter on the ceiling....

eta...haven't heard a word of where their child was, during this time period....

Quote Originally Posted by close_enough View Post
    could very well have been multiple strikes....i'm guessing this is the case, with so much blood, & spatter on the ceiling....

eta...haven't heard a word of where their child was, during this time period....
    There wouldn't be cast off splatter (ceiling) with just one blow. The object would come down and then pulled back, then blood would come. Might be very little blood on the weapon, but it would be the next blow where it would come into contact with blood from the first strike. When the weapon was pulled back the second time, blood would have been thrown behind or above depending on the angle. So she had to be hit multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by glezell View Post
    There wouldn't be cast off splatter (ceiling) with just one blow. The object would come down and then pulled back, then blood would come. Might be very little blood on the weapon, but it would be the next blow where it would come into contact with blood from the first strike. When the weapon was pulled back the second time, blood would have been thrown behind or above depending on the angle. So she had to be hit multiple times.
    exactly.....

i don't think it's actually been established that there was a crowbar....at least LE hasn't officially stated this yet, sooooo there's been no date as to when it may have been borrowed....

correct me if i'm wrong...
    They had the captain on Greta last night stating that someone had the item in their possession, caught the news stories, and put 2 and 2 together and made the call.

We were speculating in chat last night that perhaps, it was an item sold at their yard sale....the person caught the news stories and was like Holy &%&! and called police....Purely speculation - nothing has been confirmed BUT LE last night didn't deny that it was a crowbar either. Just that it was an item that was consistent w/ the injuries she had (or similar terminology)

Could it be they know, but they're not saying 100% till all tests are run, so as not to jeopardize the case? Not entirely up to speed on how it all works...

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by STEADFAST View Post
    MORRONE: I agree. There`s only one that a crowbar could take something out -- decapitation. Take them off at her vertebrae. But multiple strikes would be necessary.

GRACE: So this woman experienced intense pain before her death.

MORRONE: Yes. Absolutely.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../17/ng.01.html

WAIT - Could That be why he stated she slit her throat? Because he decapitated her? Maybe not on purpose (set out to do it) But it just "happened"

SPECULATION ONLY BELOW THIS POINT!!!
    Let me clarify, Im sure the intention was to kill her, but maybe decaptitating her just happened (too much anger/adrenaline, got caught in the "moment" whatever, not excusing, trying to give an idea of what's in my head)..and that's where the story became that she slit her own throat, maybe it was supposed to look like she got into an accident, got assaulted etc. But after the decapitation occurred, he had to "cover it up" BIG TIME. IE dispose of her totally (or what he thought would be totally) Vs just "dumping" her somewhere?

I truly believe that Xtina knew about all of this, and participated in some form. BUT I'll play devils advocate against myself, and state this -

What if he killed her, and had her "hidden" Xtina came home "early" (After all, don't most Work/family xmas parties last longer than a couple hours) and he "told her" about it all. Hence the "are you still with me on this" BUT even so, wouldn't that make her guilty of participating in a cover up, lying, SOMETHING?

I'm having a terribly hard time coming to terms that she may "walk" away from all this. She may/will have her own demons from the experience, but she will still get to lead her life, see her daughter grow up, make friends, see/talk with family, she gets to CONTINUE LIVING. Maybe even with the possibility of having hubby around too. (she goes to him)

What about Maria and Gabriel? He didn't even get to take his first breath, Maria didn't get to welcome him into the world, hear his first cry, ***** about labor, go nuts with just typical mommy stuff, see the peaceful contented smile while he's sleeping, NOTHING, it was snuffed away from her, w/o a second thought. When is this going to STOP? And then to top it all off, This devastated girl cannot even get peace in death. Stupid idiots of the W.B Church out of Kansas are planning a protest...About how this shows that God Hates the USMC. I believe it was Flowerchild who spoke/typed about standing up for Maria, and the countless others like her, and when that time was, and who going to do so. Well Dammit, that time is NOW!

Ok sorry...Ranting....Between Maria's and Meredith's cases I'm hit. I apologize

WAIT - Could That be why he stated she slit her throat? Because he decapitated her? Maybe not on purpose (set out to do it) But it just "happened"

Let me clarify, Im sure the intention was to kill her, but maybe decaptitating her just happened..and that's where the story became that she slit her own throat...
    The autopsy said blunt force trauma. They would have been able to tell from the bones if she had been decapitated even if there was not enough flesh left....

Quote Originally Posted by glezell View Post
    The autopsy said blunt force trauma. They would have been able to tell from the bones if she had been decapitated even if there was not enough flesh left....
    Oh, Im not talking about the causes of death necessarily, just someone getting a little overzealous and hitting in just the right spot but accidentally.

Stupid moment - but I thought when they said Crow bar..they were talking about a tire iron. I seriously, did not know, they were two different things, until I was told in chat. Could it be said crow bar, but actually be a tire iron...or am I the only one that doesn't know that LOL

Wink

Oh, Im not talking about the causes of death necessarily, just someone getting a little overzealous and hitting in just the right spot but accidentally.

Stupid moment - but I thought when they said Crow bar..they were talking about a tire iron. I seriously, did not know, they were two different things, until I was told in chat. Could it be said crow bar, but actually be a tire iron...or am I the only one that doesn't know that LOL

Think the 2, if your not into tools, get them mixed up...-)

http://www.ask.com/web?q=What+Does+a+Tire+Iron+Look+like%3F&qsrc=6&o= 1247&l=dis

http://www.ask.com/web?q=what+does+a...1&o=1247&l=dis

Quote Originally Posted by Pharlap View Post

Thanks!

i don't think it's actually been established that there was a crowbar....at least LE hasn't officially stated this yet, sooooo there's been no date as to when it may have been borrowed....

correct me if i'm wrong...
    Official: Marine Killed by Crowbar, Baby Was a Girl

Pregnant Marine Cpl. Maria Lauterbach was believed to have been killed by a crowbar blow to the head, a federal law enforcement official involved in the case tells the Blotter on ABCNews.com.

As the search widened for her suspected murderer, Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean, initial autopsy results on Lauterbach's burned body, found buried in a North Carolina field, indicate that Lauterbach was eight-months pregnant with a baby girl, the official said.

~snip~

"We do have an item that we believe is consistent with the findings of the medical examiner, and we believe it could be the murder weapon," Capt. Rick Sutherland told the Associated Press today.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Blotter/st...4155874&page=1
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Bumping this thread up as it has our earlier discussions on the blood splatters found and the crowbar.

Whoa! Didnt they bury the baby as a boy? I mean, is there a headstone with Gabriel Joseph on it, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic View Post
    Whoa! Didnt they bury the baby as a boy? I mean, is there a headstone with Gabriel Joseph on it, etc?
    Don't know if there's a headstone there or not, but yes, the family buried the unborn separately with that name, but a different date of death as did they with Maria's date of death.

I do believe they have much forensic evidence showing that Maria died in the garage, The blood found with luminol in the inside room was most likely transference blood brought into the home when the perp left the garage.

I also believe they have a lot of evidence to back up the clean up and cover up that happened after the initial crime.

However I do not believe that they have forensic evidence that directly points to him as being the one that did the actual murder. Imo they will use circumstantial evidence to infer. It was almost a month later when Maria was recovered. Much was lost during that long time period imo such as fingerprints in blood, fingerprints on weapon and no time of death can be established and remains unknown. Sutherland affirmed that in his last answers on L. Kay's blog.

I have looked at the autopsy drawings several times and I just do not see this injury being done by a crowbar where the cylindrical part has a octagon shape design. The injury is much wider than the slender bar and it is straight on the temple and ear area. If Maria saw this coming by instinct she would have swung her head to the right and the blow would have been more at a diagonal and further back toward the mid or back part of the skull. The injury is a tight area as if crushed in by something wider than a crowbar and there would be multiple fractures splintering out across the skull in that area. I have seen when a ME thinks a victim died from multiple blunt force trauma they always list that on the report. This ME said she died from blunt force trauma causing me to feel this was one blow to the head.

It really bothers me and I do wonder if their case is as strong as all LE tries to portray they are before going to trial. For some reason they are willing to try and sell the bill of goods that Christina is honorable and no one seems to be buying the PR move in Onslow County. I think they need her badly and that is why they are willing to overlook any deceitful thing she may have done. To me it shows they have a weakness in their case and are hoping CSL can pull it out for them. I think they have a risky key witness who may bring her own heavy baggage when she testifies.

imoo

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    Don't know if there's a headstone there or not, but yes, the family buried the unborn separately with that name, but a different date of death as did they with Maria's date of death.
    Very unusual. They list the date of death as 12-15 not 12-14 and on the Probate papers the date of death is the 16th.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast