1688 users online (336 members and 1352 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 86
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    74
    There were two caskets. They may have been put in one grave. The baby's casket may have been placed inside the other. I don't know if there are two graves or one.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    Very unusual. They list the date of death as 12-15 not 12-14 and on the Probate papers the date of death is the 16th.
    No way do I see the date of death as 12/16, but I can't figure out why the discrepancy between 12/14 the last known date she was alive and 12/15 when there is no proof she was alive, unless it happened right after midnight. If that's the case, where was she in between the 5:00pm bus ticket purchase and midnight?
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,826
    Here is the timeline we have for the dates of 12/14 through 12/17:

    12/14/07 (Friday)

    Marines:
    CL reports to duty
    AMW: Maria reports to work - Ends @ Noon
    Noon: Work Ends for X-Mas Party on Base
    Marines: CL does not attend X-Mas Party
    AMW & Marines: Maria does not attend X-Mas Party
    2:30 p.m. Maria talks to Mom (Dayton Daily?)
    Maria withdraws $700 from BoFA ATM (Fox video)
    ATM timeline w/Maria's card. Transcation images show:

    12-14-07 FRI
    ... 16:19:38 -- Maria? approaches Stage R. Sunglasses. Hoodie sweatshirt.
    ... 16:19:41 -- Lettering on hoodie spells _AYTON?
    ... 16:19:49 -- May be DAYTON.
    ... 16:19:57 -- Maria? looks stage Left (toward her R shoulder)
    ... 16:20:01 -- Maria? half in shot -- some background visible.
    ... 16:20:03 -- Maria? w/left hand to chin.
    ... 16:20:18 --
    ... 16:20:39 -- Maria (pregnant, hair pulled back, sunglasses) exits stage R.
    5:00 p.m. Maria purchases 1 way ticket to El Paso, Texas (Last sighting of Maria)
    http://www.wnct.com/midatlantic/nct/...1-11-0006.html
    AMW & Marines : Durham finds Note
    Marines: Durham calls Maria's Sister
    Marines: Durham talks to Maria's Mother

    12/15/07 (Saturday)

    Cesar tells Christina in Note (found 1/11/08 by Christina) that Maria arrives at their home; went to bus station with Maria to purchase ticket; Maria comes back later in the evening, Maria kills herself.
    (Per Christina as told to Sheriff's Office on 1/11/08 and filed in Search Warrant dated 1/12/08).
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/17/...ine/index.html
    Christina Laurean told police she was at a Christmas party for her husband's Marine unit during the late afternoon and evening of December 15, Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown told CNN. Her husband did not attend the party, she told authorities.

    12/16/07 (Sunday)

    Fox News:
    CL borrows shovel from neighbor Alender
    AMW: CL @ Lowe's purchases supplies, paint, concret blocks, and wheelbarrow. (On tape)
    Alender: Sees CL driving Maria's Car (Could be the 17th)

    Before I say anything, I think the X-Mas party was held on Friday and not on Saturday as noted above. I thought we had that one figured out...but maybe it didn't get over to the timeline.

    That being said.........I totally agree with panthera........no way on the 16th. More likely the 14th based on eyewitness accounts of Maria being seen (video cam at bank)...........

    I'm thinking Saturday...............discussion was held between CL and Christina on what to do...........Sunday purchasing necessary tools, paint, etc. to cover up. (IMO)

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Great timeline, Littledeer, except I'm confused about this part specifically the part in red ~ wasn't Christina at the party on the 14th??
    12/15/07 (Saturday)

    Cesar tells Christina in Note (found 1/11/08 by Christina) that Maria arrives at their home; went to bus station with Maria to purchase ticket; Maria comes back later in the evening, Maria kills herself.
    (Per Christina as told to Sheriff's Office on 1/11/08 and filed in Search Warrant dated 1/12/08).
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/01/17/...ine/index.html
    Christina Laurean told police she was at a Christmas party for her husband's Marine unit during the late afternoon and evening of December 15, Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown told CNN. Her husband did not attend the party, she told authorities.

    eta another thing ~ what time was the bus supposed to leave for El Paso on the 15th?
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo


  5. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,826
    panthera:

    You must have missed this in that post:

    Before I say anything, I think the X-Mas party was held on Friday and not on Saturday as noted above. I thought we had that one figured out...but maybe it didn't get over to the timeline.

    I thought the bus left around 7:00ish, but will have to go find the information for sure before I state it as a fact.



  6. #36
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    panthera:

    You must have missed this in that post:

    Before I say anything, I think the X-Mas party was held on Friday and not on Saturday as noted above. I thought we had that one figured out...but maybe it didn't get over to the timeline.

    I thought the bus left around 7:00ish, but will have to go find the information for sure before I state it as a fact.


    Oops ~ I'm sorry Littledeer. I just went back and reread the post and sure enough, there it is!

    I'm still not seeing how the murder took place on the 15th, even shortly after midnight to make it that date, since there'd be about a 7 hr. gap between the time the ticket was purchased ~ so where was Maria all that time? I think it's entirely possible she went to CL's house before the bank and bus station, and returned to his house after finding out she wouldn't be leaving until the next day ~ and that would coincide with the time of Mrs. CL coming home from the party (around 7pm).
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,826
    I'm still trying to sift through all the threads for the time the train "left". I think Tom'sGirl or RumTum would know. (but then, RumTum is MIA, along with other posters now that I am rereading old threads).

    Glad your still hanging around!!

    IMO, I can't see how the Coroner could make a time of death based on the body conditions of Maria and her baby. I think he can only go on the same things we know...............the facts of when Maria was last seen and the actions that were taken by her (ATM, etc.).

    So adding in CL's activities on the 12/16, I would have to say that Maria died either on the 14th or the 15th. If we knew more of Christina's activities during those two days........................I can bet we would know what exact date Maria died on.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,826
    Found this posted by close enough on 1/16/08:

    well, how i understand it, Durham found Maria's note the evening/afternoon of the 14th...the ticket was purchased, apparently by Maria, the next day.. (i know of no time mentioned)....the bus was to depart later that evening on the 15th....

    No time of leaving the station yet.............but I know when I did the timeline.............I looked on the calendar for what day it was.(i.e. Monday, Tuesday) etc. The timeline is also pretty much backed up with supporting documentation (i.e. news articles, videos, etc.).

    The reason for that was all the contradictions..........we were trying to weed out facts vs. fiction......

    But I'm really starting to beleive now that Christina had a big part in all of this............most assuredly the cover up.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    I'm still trying to sift through all the threads for the time the train "left". I think Tom'sGirl or RumTum would know. (but then, RumTum is MIA, along with other posters now that I am rereading old threads).

    Glad your still hanging around!!

    IMO, I can't see how the Coroner could make a time of death based on the body conditions of Maria and her baby. I think he can only go on the same things we know...............the facts of when Maria was last seen and the actions that were taken by her (ATM, etc.).

    So adding in CL's activities on the 12/16, I would have to say that Maria died either on the 14th or the 15th. If we knew more of Christina's activities during those two days........................I can bet we would know what exact date Maria died on.
    Oh I'll be here through the trial! I'll try to see if I can check anything out for the bus schedule, but I still think it was the evening of the 14th. I just can't see where Maria would be for that many hours since she'd already left the note that she was leaving the MC at Durham's house.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo


  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    Found this posted by close enough on 1/16/08:

    well, how i understand it, Durham found Maria's note the evening/afternoon of the 14th...the ticket was purchased, apparently by Maria, the next day.. (i know of no time mentioned)....the bus was to depart later that evening on the 15th....

    No time of leaving the station yet.............but I know when I did the timeline.............I looked on the calendar for what day it was.(i.e. Monday, Tuesday) etc. The timeline is also pretty much backed up with supporting documentation (i.e. news articles, videos, etc.).

    The reason for that was all the contradictions..........we were trying to weed out facts vs. fiction......

    But I'm really starting to beleive now that Christina had a big part in all of this............most assuredly the cover up.
    We know now though that the ticket was purchased on the 14th for the 15th, but I thought it would've been in the morning. IIRC, there were two busses, one in the morning and one in the evening (which she missed on the 14th). In CL's note, he said it happened on the 15th. I think that was put in there because Christina probably had an alibi for then. I also think she dictated what was to be put in the notes.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo



  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,826
    I'll be here too panthera.

    By the way..........in rereading what I sent you.......the bus ticket was purchased on the 14th with the train LEAVING on the 15th.

    So that would leave us back to the last time Maria seen alive is on the 14th.

    So TOD has to be on the 14th or on the 15th depending on what time Maria was with CL and/or Christina. I think you get what I'm saying.

    There is no coroner that I've ever seen that has said the EXACT TOD........they all usually have some hour span...........some less..........some more.

    But in Maria's case........IMO............TOD is either the 14th or the 15th........it really doesn't make much difference IMO..........meaning it could be a one or two hour difference which could translate to 10:00 pm on the 14th at TOD or 12:00 to 1:00 am on the 15th as TOD.

    We know the activities of CL on the 16th..............so he knew Maria was dead............

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,830
    Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    Oh I'll be here through the trial! I'll try to see if I can check anything out for the bus schedule, but I still think it was the evening of the 14th. I just can't see where Maria would be for that many hours since she'd already left the note that she was leaving the MC at Durham's house.
    I think she was surprised that she couldn't leave on the 14th. With all her preparation I do believe that was her intent. IIRC the bus scheduled to leave the afternoon of the 14th was around 5:40 pm. If Maria did not arrive until around 5 pm, I think she found the last bus out that day, full. It is one of the busiest times of the year up there. So many are taking 10 day leave to go home for the Christmas holidays and usually like to leave once they get paid so they can have more time with their families during the holidays.

    The bus for the 15th was scheduled to leave around 10 am.

    I don't think she had planned at all. She had already written the note to Dan Durham so she couldn't go back there knowing he could already be back home.

    I even wonder if she returned to Laurean's in a panic because she was afraid to be seen in Jacksonville not knowing if DD had already told someone she had left and she expected Laurean to solve her problem. Maybe he insisted that she had to leave and leave then or all hell was going to break loose when Christina walked through that door. What if Maria, who was known to be no pushover, refused to leave?

    imoo

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    I'll be here too panthera.

    By the way..........in rereading what I sent you.......the bus ticket was purchased on the 14th with the train LEAVING on the 15th.

    So that would leave us back to the last time Maria seen alive is on the 14th.

    So TOD has to be on the 14th or on the 15th depending on what time Maria was with CL and/or Christina. I think you get what I'm saying.

    There is no coroner that I've ever seen that has said the EXACT TOD........they all usually have some hour span...........some less..........some more.

    But in Maria's case........IMO............TOD is either the 14th or the 15th........it really doesn't make much difference IMO..........meaning it could be a one or two hour difference which could translate to 10:00 pm on the 14th at TOD or 12:00 to 1:00 am on the 15th as TOD.

    We know the activities of CL on the 16th..............so he knew Maria was dead............
    This was mid-December, Maria was 8 mo. pregnant, and she wouldn't have been sleeping in her car or driving around for a few hours between 5pm - midnight, so I believe she was killed some time in the evening of the 14th. Like I said, I think Christina dictated to CL to put the 15th in his note because (imo) she wasn't home that day.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo


  14. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanblueeyes View Post
    I think she was surprised that she couldn't leave on the 14th. With all her preparation I do believe that was her intent. IIRC the bus scheduled to leave the afternoon of the 14th was around 5:40 pm. If Maria did not arrive until around 5 pm, I think she found the last bus out that day, full. It is one of the busiest times of the year up there. So many are taking 10 day leave to go home for the Christmas holidays and usually like to leave once they get paid so they can have more time with their families during the holidays.

    The bus for the 15th was scheduled to leave around 10 am.

    I don't think she had planned at all. She had already written the UA to Dan Durham so she couldn't go back there knowing he could already be back home.

    I even wonder if she returned to Laurean's in a panic because she was afraid to be seen in Jacksonville not knowing if DD had already told someone she had left and she expected Laurean to solve her problem. Maybe he insisted that she had to leave and leave then or all hell was going to break loose when Christina walked through that door. What if Maria, who was known to be no pushover, refused to leave?

    imoo
    Thank you! I thought it was around 10am too but couldn't find where my link was to the schedule. I am totally with you about Maria wanting to get on the bus the evening of the 14th and more or less was bumped to the next one, with no place to go that night but back to CL's house after leaving Durham the goodbye note, and that would turn out to be a fatal decision. I do think Christina came home and found her there ~ alive. MOO, of course!
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo


  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Nestled Deep in Southern Hospitality
    Posts
    21,830
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    I'll be here too panthera.

    By the way..........in rereading what I sent you.......the bus ticket was purchased on the 14th with the train LEAVING on the 15th.

    So that would leave us back to the last time Maria seen alive is on the 14th.

    So TOD has to be on the 14th or on the 15th depending on what time Maria was with CL and/or Christina. I think you get what I'm saying.

    There is no coroner that I've ever seen that has said the EXACT TOD........they all usually have some hour span...........some less..........some more.

    But in Maria's case........IMO............TOD is either the 14th or the 15th........it really doesn't make much difference IMO..........meaning it could be a one or two hour difference which could translate to 10:00 pm on the 14th at TOD or 12:00 to 1:00 am on the 15th as TOD.

    We know the activities of CL on the 16th..............so he knew Maria was dead............
    In this case due to the decomposition and charring of the body the ME will give an even wider date range. There is no way he could ever tell time of death within hours. Now had Maria been found within a few hours and still showed rigor, lividity or had food in her stomach they could narrow it by mostly likely a 8-12 hour time range.

    I think it will make a difference. Even the Lauterbach's have the date of death on Maria's myspace as the 15th even though LE has said it happened on the 14th. It makes me wonder if they believe Laurean over LE since he is saying the 15th.

    Captain Sutherland said on Lindell Kay's blog that they have no time of death. They really don't know when this happened. It reminds me of the Meredeth Emerson case......she was last heard from when she was seen hiking Blood Mountain and then went missing however she did not die until 3 or 4 days later.

    When this was to have occurred I think will become monumental in this case. IMO Laurean is coming back and he is going to start talking and also imo it is going to line up with evidence they have uncovered but have not understood and are wanting more information. I have never seen a LE team express their desires of hoping they get to talk to the suspect so that he can tell them his side of the story.

    imoo

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. What Physical Evidence does LE or FBI have...
    By miabellamoure in forum Kyron Horman
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 06-28-2010, 11:48 AM

Tags for this Thread