GUILTY FL - Denise Lee, 21, raped & murdered, North Port, 17 Jan 2008

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
Denise Amber Lee, 21, was last seen around 2:30 p.m. She was reported missing from her home on Latour Avenue in Sarasota County.
The suspect's description and name was not immediately available, but police said they may be traveling in a green Chevrolet Camaro with a Florida tag of 374JFL. The vehicle may have a black bra attached to the front, according to police.
Lee and the suspect were last seen in the area of Biscayne Drive and Price
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/17/alert-issued-kidnapped-north-port-woman/?news-breaking

Published: January 17, 2008
NORTH PORT - Police who searched all afternoon for a missing woman announced late Thursday that they had arrested her suspected abductor.
Michael Lee King, 37, was taken into custody after 9 p.m. Officers found blond hair in his green Chevrolet Camaro, but no sign of Denise Amber Lee, 21.

This is a scary situation.
She is married with 2 children and is kidnapped. She makes a frantic 911 call and her perp is found....she isn't.
Her hair is found in the car.
Her father is a sheriff.

This is a scary situation.
She is married with 2 children and is kidnapped. She makes a frantic 911 call and her perp is found....she isn't.
Her hair is found in the car.
Her father is a sheriff.

Her father, Rick Goff, is a long-time officer here in Charlotte County. This is horrible news! The suspect. Michael Lee King, is being held in North Port (home for the CoralRose case) which is probably the last lucky thing to happen to him.

Local reports say there is a press conference soon.

http://www.sun-herald.com/breakingnews.cfm?id=4479

Sometime Thursday evening, King reportedly visited a relative of his who lives off Biscayne Drive. The relative told police he saw a woman tied up in the car. King reportedly asked the relative for a shovel, a gas can and a flashlight, which the relative gave him.

Police also reported the woman was able to make a call to 911, using her abductor's cell phone without his knowledge. She said she had been kidnapped and was unable to see.

Lee is believed to be the daughter of a Charlotte County Sheriff's Office employee, according to North Port police. Her family did not know who King was or why he might have abducted Lee.

WINK News reporter stated that the Suspect is claiming that he was also kidnapped...............and is now refusing to speak without having his attorney present. Also reported, the cousin did not call law enforcement for 30 minutes after seeing the victim tied up in the back of the car. :furious:

Victim's father is known for his work in the Narcotics Division. I doubt that there is any connection, but have a feeling that it could be brought up as a possibility in brainstorming sessions here.

OMG what a horrible and scary situation. A gas can and shovel......not good! :(

I'm happy that the relative called the police after King drove off. Before reading the article, I couldn't imagine why he would give King a shovel and a gas can if he saw someone tied up in the car. I was relieved to read the relative gave King those items BEFORE seeing Denise tied up. Michael King sort of looks like actor Tom Sizemore.

I'm happy that the relative called the police after King drove off. Before reading the article, I couldn't imagine why he would give King a shovel and a gas can if he saw someone tied up in the car. I was relieved to read the relative gave King those items BEFORE seeing Denise tied up. Michael King sort of looks like actor Tom Sizemore.
I thought the same thing Masterj- then read he aw her as he was driving away-

NORTH PORT – Investigators have resumed the search this morning for Denise Amber Lee, shifting the hunt to an area near the home of Michael King, who has been charged in what authorities say was a kidnapping.

and

Lee, 21, is the daughter of Richard Goff, the former head of the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office narcotics bureau. She was reported missing Thursday by her husband, who arrived at their North Port home about 3 p.m. to find the couple's two young children alone. They were unharmed.

~much more, including her picture, at link~

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/17/alert-issued-kidnapped-north-port-woman/?imw=Y

This doesn't look good. I wonder if they guy took her because of her Dad being a narcotics officer. I pray for a good outcome on this.

The article states that he borrowed a shovel, flashlight and gas can from his cousin saying his lawnmower had broke down. When he drove off the cousin saw a woman tied up in the back seat. The cousin called another relative, who eventually called police.

You are right. This does not look good.

Hi:

Those of you who are good at searching for arrest warrants...any indication if King has a record as a sex offender?

I can't find any links to registered sex offenders for this guy, and according to the linked article, there are no criminal records for him either. An ominous finding, is that clothing has been found close to King's home. This isn't looking good.

"Record searches in Florida and Michigan show no criminal history for King."

http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20080118/BREAKING/677386723

Just now, on the news, they stated that they're searching bodies of water (ie, canals), near where this guy was pulled over because he was found wet from the waist down. Traces of blood as well as a woman's ring was found in the car's backseat.

Her children are 2 years old and 6 months. I wish the guy would just fess up for the sake of her family!

So he's probably a bit depressed about his job, has a girlfriend, might lose his house...and he does this????? Go figure. He certainly wasn't very secretive. His cousin hears her scream for help, they find evidence all over, she even uses HIS cell????? Nothing makes sense, but then does it ever?

Relatives and friends of a missing North Port mother of two sons are waiting to hear what happened to her after she was abducted from her home Thursday afternoon.
Civilian and law enforcement search teams are combing a wooded area near North Salford Boulevard and Interstate 75, looking for Denise Amber Lee, 21.
Investigators say Michael Lee King, 37, an unemployed plumber who lived near Lee, abducted her Thursday, leaving her sons, 2-year-old Noah and 6-month-old Adam, in a crib. Lee's husband, Nathaniel, found the children alone upon arriving home about 3 p.m. Thursday.
King was charged this morning with one count of kidnapping with intent to facilitate or commit a felony and booked into the Sarasota County Jail. He has no prior arrests, according to a check of criminal databases.
Relatives like Philip Puente Sr., 75, who is Nathaniel Lee's grandfather, feared today that Denise Lee was dead.
"I think she's in a canal somewhere. Oh, Lord," Puente, who lives in Maryland, said in a phone interview. "It's quite disturbing that people would harm their fellow man like that. … At least he didn't harm the children."
Puente said he had heard from relatives in Florida that investigators had found Denise Lee's wedding band and her clothes.
Authorities earlier today said that King was soaking wet when arrested and that he had borrowed a gas can and a shovel from a cousin, saying his lawn mower had broken down in a ditch.
Denise Lee, 21, is the daughter of Richard Goff, the former head of the Charlotte County Sheriff's Office narcotics bureau.
Puente said she is a stay-at-home mother. Her husband works for Florida Power & Light. He thought they had met at Lemon Bay High School in Englewood.
Puente met his grandson's future wife during a visit to Florida a few years ago.
"She was a tiny little thing," he said. "She just seemed like a very nice girl. Very bright. Very friendly."
Public records show the Lees were married Aug. 1, 2005, in Punta Gorda.
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jan/18/family-friends-wait-update-missing-woman/?news-breaking

Awww this case isn't going to end well at all. He sounds like he wasn't trying to hide the facts of what his intentions were. I don't like the sound of the shovel and the gasoline. Just because he returned wet might only mean he got into the water to wash off blood, gasoline, or maybe he caught himself on fire. I would suspect she is buried instead of in the water.

When King went to his cousin's house why would he need to borrow a shovel if his lawnmower wasn't working!!! When the cousin saw a woman tied up in the back seat of King's car why didn't he call 911 right then or confront King? Why call another relative who then called 911? She was still alive at the cousin's home...he could have saved her life.

Personally, I think LE will find a body. The guy had the shovel and gas and he was wet from the waist down when LE found him. He has already done something to her....but why? I wonder if we will ever know.

Prayers for the husband and two babies and the rest of her family. Such a nightmare for them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer
Back