1266 users online (283 members and 983 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."

UT - Child abuse case leads to NV murder suspects

Child abuse case leads to murder suspects

One couple, two states, and a long list of charges--it's a story of parents accused of leaving a trail of tragedy involving their own children.

A 5-week-old baby is in the hospital with broken bones throughout her body. Today, her father's in jail on suspicion of child abuse. By the time Salt Lake County detectives arrested her mother last night, they'd uncovered a dark secret in the couple's past.

Arrest documents suggest the newborn little girl has spent her five weeks of life having one bone after the other broken by her father. Now, detectives have uncovered more, involving another child who's dead.

With his newborn daughter in the hospital, the present and past life of 21-year-old Thomas Ryan Williams is coming to light.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=309&sid=2412175

These cases break my heart. Doesn't any other family member or friend realize something bad is happening to what should be a typical 5 month old baby?

"The couple had since moved to Utah and was living with family in Magna. Relatives were too upset to talk on camera, but said they were shocked and that Williams had seemed like "a nice guy." "

Gee, I guess not.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    These cases break my heart. Doesn't any other family member or friend realize something bad is happening to what should be a typical 5 month old baby?
    Not just the 5 month old. The two were wanted for murder of their 2 month old in another state. I'm not sure if any family lived near them this time since they were on the run.

From the link I posted above:
    The Deseret Morning News reports both Perez and Williams are wanted in Nevada in the death of their 2-month-old son a year and a half ago.

These people are the worst of the worst, they both sicken me. This poor baby borne into a life of pain. I thank God they got the baby & the one year old away from them or I'm sure they would have ended up dead, like the other child. LOCK THEM UP!

Amen Paddy.

Why would they keep having children after already killing one? They must enjoy seeing babies in pain.

Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    Not just the 5 month old. The two were wanted for murder of their 2 month old in another state. I'm not sure if any family lived near them this time since they were on the run.

From the link I posted above:
    The Deseret Morning News reports both Perez and Williams are wanted in Nevada in the death of their 2-month-old son a year and a half ago.

Thats 5 week old baby not 5 month.

Angry

These are true POS's! They both ought to be sterilized forcefully!!!

Yup sterilize them. No more children allowed. No more babies to be born to pain-clearly he is the pull the wings off of flies type....little, tiny, amoeba of a man.

Quote Originally Posted by Penelope631 View Post
    Thats 5 week old baby not 5 month.
    Oops! You're right! That's even worse, if that's possible. How can someone systematically break their tiny baby's bones?

I agree, this is a very good case for mandatory sterilization. No more children.

This is scary child abuse....

Wow. Thank goodness the 1-year-old has been taken into protective custody.

Quote Originally Posted by colomom View Post
    I agree, this is a very good case for mandatory sterilization. No more children.

This is scary child abuse....
    ITA, about mandatory sterilization. I have always said that if your convicted of child abuse it should be mandatory sterilization. I made the same statement on another thread a couple of weeks ago, and was ask by another poster "Just how did I think that could be implemented", I didn't have an answer. (For cripes sake, make it a law is what I wanted to say)!

Quote Originally Posted by paddy01 View Post
    ITA, about mandatory sterilization. I have always said that if your convicted of child abuse it should be mandatory sterilization. I made the same statement on another thread a couple of weeks ago, and was ask by another poster "Just how did I think that could be implemented", I didn't have an answer. (For cripes sake, make it a law is what I wanted to say)!
    I have read cases where judges have imposed Norplant or the Depro shot. It becomes a violation of the perps probation not to show up for the shot. Now, there has to be an equivalent for a male offender....perhaps these guys can be the test cases for the male birth control pill that is always being promised?? Just kidding...

I can't read the article today. There was so much in the news yesterday, it was totally overwhelming.

However - I really think we need tougher laws for the female in these situations along with the male. I do not think the female should get a slap on the wrist because her "boyfriend made her do it" or "she was scared" anymore.

Having come from a home with domestic abuse issues, I used to buy into this "defense." BUT NO MORE. If you can carry the baby to term and elect not to put the child up for adoption or have an abortion - then you are responsible for keeping that child SAFE. And if you WILL not do so, then you are just as guilty for any harm that befalls that child. (Please note I said will not as opposed to can not).

In this day and age, there is absolutely NO excuse for not recognizing that you are in a relationship that is bad for your child(ren). NO EXCUSE.

Salem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast