UT - Child abuse case leads to NV murder suspects

SewingDeb

"Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
Reaction score
Child abuse case leads to murder suspects

One couple, two states, and a long list of charges--it's a story of parents accused of leaving a trail of tragedy involving their own children.

A 5-week-old baby is in the hospital with broken bones throughout her body. Today, her father's in jail on suspicion of child abuse. By the time Salt Lake County detectives arrested her mother last night, they'd uncovered a dark secret in the couple's past.

Arrest documents suggest the newborn little girl has spent her five weeks of life having one bone after the other broken by her father. Now, detectives have uncovered more, involving another child who's dead.

With his newborn daughter in the hospital, the present and past life of 21-year-old Thomas Ryan Williams is coming to light.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=309&sid=2412175

:( These cases break my heart. Doesn't any other family member or friend realize something bad is happening to what should be a typical 5 month old baby? :mad:

"The couple had since moved to Utah and was living with family in Magna. Relatives were too upset to talk on camera, but said they were shocked and that Williams had seemed like "a nice guy." "

Gee, I guess not.

:( These cases break my heart. Doesn't any other family member or friend realize something bad is happening to what should be a typical 5 month old baby? :mad:

Not just the 5 month old. The two were wanted for murder of their 2 month old in another state. I'm not sure if any family lived near them this time since they were on the run.

From the link I posted above:
The Deseret Morning News reports both Perez and Williams are wanted in Nevada in the death of their 2-month-old son a year and a half ago.

These people are the worst of the worst, they both sicken me. This poor baby borne into a life of pain. I thank God they got the baby & the one year old away from them or I'm sure they would have ended up dead, like the other child. LOCK THEM UP!

Amen Paddy.

Why would they keep having children after already killing one? They must enjoy seeing babies in pain.

Not just the 5 month old. The two were wanted for murder of their 2 month old in another state. I'm not sure if any family lived near them this time since they were on the run.

From the link I posted above:
The Deseret Morning News reports both Perez and Williams are wanted in Nevada in the death of their 2-month-old son a year and a half ago.

Thats 5 week old baby :eek: not 5 month. :furious:

These are true 's! They both ought to be sterilized forcefully!!!:furious::furious::furious::behindbar:behindbar:behindbar

Yup sterilize them. No more children allowed. No more babies to be born to pain-clearly he is the pull the wings off of flies type....little, tiny, amoeba of a man.

Thats 5 week old baby :eek: not 5 month. :furious:

Oops! You're right! That's even worse, if that's possible. How can someone systematically break their tiny baby's bones?

I agree, this is a very good case for mandatory sterilization. No more children.

This is scary child abuse....

I agree, this is a very good case for mandatory sterilization. No more children.

This is scary child abuse....

ITA, about mandatory sterilization. I have always said that if your convicted of child abuse it should be mandatory sterilization. I made the same statement on another thread a couple of weeks ago, and was ask by another poster "Just how did I think that could be implemented", I didn't have an answer. (For cripes sake, make it a law is what I wanted to say)!

ITA, about mandatory sterilization. I have always said that if your convicted of child abuse it should be mandatory sterilization. I made the same statement on another thread a couple of weeks ago, and was ask by another poster "Just how did I think that could be implemented", I didn't have an answer. (For cripes sake, make it a law is what I wanted to say)!

I have read cases where judges have imposed Norplant or the Depro shot. It becomes a violation of the perps probation not to show up for the shot. Now, there has to be an equivalent for a male offender....perhaps these guys can be the test cases for the male birth control pill that is always being promised?? Just kidding...

I can't read the article today. There was so much in the news yesterday, it was totally overwhelming.

However - I really think we need tougher laws for the female in these situations along with the male. I do not think the female should get a slap on the wrist because her "boyfriend made her do it" or "she was scared" anymore.

Having come from a home with domestic abuse issues, I used to buy into this "defense." BUT NO MORE. If you can carry the baby to term and elect not to put the child up for adoption or have an abortion - then you are responsible for keeping that child SAFE. And if you WILL not do so, then you are just as guilty for any harm that befalls that child. (Please note I said will not as opposed to can not).

In this day and age, there is absolutely NO excuse for not recognizing that you are in a relationship that is bad for your child(ren). NO EXCUSE.

Salem

I have read cases where judges have imposed Norplant or the Depro shot. It becomes a violation of the perps probation not to show up for the shot. Now, there has to be an equivalent for a male offender....perhaps these guys can be the test cases for the male birth control pill that is always being promised?? Just kidding...

Hi believe, LOL, I like that idea!

Hi believe, LOL, I like that idea!
:blowkiss:Hi Paddy01.

nah, Perhaps you and I would really be a bigger fan of forced vasectomy (maybe no anesthesia...oops did I say that?), but then people would accuse us of being cruel and unusual, lol!!!!

Seems easy enough ... the day the dirt ball is convicted schedule the snip snip..

I agree with Salem!! I think that these women need to be fixed just as quickly as their male counterparts..
Maybe even quicker!!

I am appalled at all the stories I read of women with very young babies and new BF's...
I know that is not the case here ... but WTF??? I mean you read all these cases of babies less then a year old where the BF's are abusing them and I just wonder what on earth is going on with a mom of such a young baby that she moves in that quickly with a new guy?

Seems easy enough ... the day the dirt ball is convicted schedule the snip snip..

I agree with Salem!! I think that these women need to be fixed just as quickly as their male counterparts..
Maybe even quicker!!

I am appalled at all the stories I read of women with very young babies and new BF's...
I know that is not the case here ... but WTF??? I mean you read all these cases of babies less then a year old where the BF's are abusing them and I just wonder what on earth is going on with a mom of such a young baby that she moves in that quickly with a new guy?

I think you are getting to the root of the issue-why don't these women think they can make it on their own? Why do they need someone to move in? Date if you have to, but for goodness sake do not let these new relationships eclipse your life!!!

And if these women were prosecuted, it may give them reason to think about the impact these BF's will have on their lives. We let women cry "he made me do it" too easily!

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back