Icons-Help

Littledeer

Former Member
Reaction score
I see all these icons that people put in their posts. Heck, I even see them right now to the right of my screen.

But I have no availability to use them when I post.

What do I need to do?

I have already gone to the User CP and clicked on the Standard Avitar......

Any help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!!!!!!!!

Little deer, what icons? Are you referring to the smilies?
We can't have avatars or even signature pictures right now.

I think the word should have been smilies?

As in seeing flames, bars, kisses, mad, etc.

Yes, those are the smilies. Under the User CP options list, make sure you have checked show images. Then when the box pops up next to the reply box when you are posting, just make sure your cursor is where you want them and click in the smilie box on the one(s) you want. Clear?;)

Okay, I just went to the CP site, and I had a checkmark next to the show images.

But what box are you talking about??

I have not seen one when I post??

Sorry, not computer savy, but can type. :)

Okay, I just went to the CP site, and I had a checkmark next to the show images.

But what box are you talking about??

I have not seen one when I post??

Sorry, not computer savy, but can type. :)

Okay, like now when you go to reply to a post, click on the more link if the smilie you want is not in the box on the right and another box with more choices will pop up, or you can just click on the ones that are visible in the box to the right to add one. I see you did add the happy face!

Okay, like now when you go to reply to a post, click on the more link if the smilie you want is not in the box on the right and another box with more choices will pop up, or you can just click on the ones that are visible in the box to the right to add one. I see you did add the happy face!

LinasK, Littledeer can't see the little emoticons. I tried to explain how to change her User CP, but we couldn't get anywhere. I also typed out the list of codes and tried to explain how to handtype them. I guess I didn't do a good job explaining because she couldn't figure that out either :confused:

I sent her over here hoping someone else could give her a hand. :blowkiss:

LinasK, Littledeer can't see the little emoticons. I tried to explain how to change her User CP, but we couldn't get anywhere. I also typed out the list of codes and tried to explain how to handtype them. I guess I didn't do a good job explaining because she couldn't figure that out either :confused:

I sent her over here hoping someone else could give her a hand. :blowkiss:

Hopefully she's got it now!:blowkiss:

Hi, Littledeer! :)

I've already seen the various suggestions that haven't
worked, so I'm going to ask a couple questions. ......
..... Don't give me the antler if they're stupid...K? :D

1. Do you use a mouse to click on the various buttons?
(I know ---> Antler) :crazy:

2. Do you see the "Smilies" label to the right of the blank field in which you type your posts?

3. Do you see the smilies/emoticons under the "Smilies" label?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

4. Also, do you see the yellow smilie face :))) above the blank field in which you type your posts?

4a. That smilie face has a tiny arrow to the right of it.

4b. 1. Click on that arrow

4b. 2. A drop-down menu will appear entitled "Standard Smilies." When you click on it, do you see the smilies in the box?

4b. 3. Click on the scroll bar along the right side of the "Standard Smilies" window until you see the label "Show all Smilies."

5. Click on the label “Show all Smilies.”

6. A window opens up……Maxmize that winow and see all the smilies.

7. Click on the smilie you want to use (making sure your cursor is flashing inside the composition box).

Did it work? :blowkiss:

Littledeer are you posting in the *quick reply* box that is at the bottom of the page? or are you hitting the *post reply* button underneath the last post on the left and opening up a new box? Quick reply does not show smilies nor does it give you a smilie option.
I bet you are posting in *quick reply* which is an open text box that is just at the bottom center of the page after the last post.
So I think if you hit the *post reply* button you will see what everyone is talking about.
It is below the last post of the thread on the left hand side.

Also, if you click the "Go Advanced" button beside the "Post Quick Reply" button it will take you to the page that has the smilies, to the right of the posting area.

Also, if you click the "Go Advanced" button beside the "Post Quick Reply" button it will take you to the page that has the smilies, to the right of the posting area.
That's what I usually do. I always change my mind mid post to add smilies so I just go advanced. But I have the smilies I use the most memorized. :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back