843 users online (170 members and 673 guests)  

Websleuths News

UT - Sonia Castro, 17, & infant son Anthony, Orem, Jan 2008

http://www.abc4.com/news/local/story...8-848b9ffea7aa

18 Jan 08

Sonia Castro is 17-years old and her two month old baby Anthony went missing last Saturday.

Police do not suspect foul play and believe she left voluntarily with her boyfriend Carlos Lopez-Bernal.

and

“He's abusive to her,” said her sister Maria Gonzalez. “He uses alcohol and he's hit her a couple of times already and that's our main concern."

Because of his tendency for violence, the family got a protective order placed against Lopez-Bernal.

But last Saturday, he's accused of coming to the mobile home where Sonia stays with her parents and disappeared.

and

"Our biggest concern is Sonia left the house early in the morning and did not take anything for the baby,” said Sgt. Gaines. “She didn't take diapers, no identification for the baby, nothing that would indicate that she would be gone for a long period of time."

and

Police said Lopez-Bernal was last seen driving a black Chrysler 300, with a Utah temporary permit but they are not sure what year the vehicle is.

more at link

pic

Quote Originally Posted by hoppyfrog View Post
    "Our biggest concern is Sonia left the house early in the morning and did not take anything for the baby,” said Sgt. Gaines. “She didn't take diapers, no identification for the baby, nothing that would indicate that she would be gone for a long period of time."
    This worries me for the baby. Very much. I hope these two aren't going to harm little Anthony. Forgive me for thinking that.

My first thought- was he born in Mexico?? Maybe he's holding her hostage and slipped back over the border..??

This would be the best case scenario...

Was thinking with all the missing people there are maybe one of the first things Le should do is get a warrent for the cell records right off the bat.

At least you'd get a good idea where there at and still alive.
    Hope they find them.

I hope they're okay

Can't really find anything recent online (arrests, newspaper articles etc.)...