Identified! IL - Body found in Lake Michigan, Jan 2008 - Robyn Bercovici

Police are conducting a death investigation Saturday afternoon after a female body was found in Lake Michigan near Fullerton Avenue.

Officers were called to the 2400 block of North Lake Shore Drive of reports of an unresponsive female body in the water at 2:40 p.m., according to police News Affairs Officer Tom Polick.

"It is a death investigation at this stage," Polick said.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/body.in.lake.2.633859.html#end

Police are conducting a death investigation Saturday afternoon after a female body was found in Lake Michigan near Fullerton Avenue.

Officers were called to the 2400 block of North Lake Shore Drive of reports of an unresponsive female body in the water at 2:40 p.m., according to police News Affairs Officer Tom Polick.

"It is a death investigation at this stage," Polick said.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/body.in.lake.2.633859.html#end

Which leads me to believe she been in the water for a few hours, maybe more.

The body had apparently frozen in the water.
http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5902305

Of course, my first thought goes to Stacy since they mentioned it was someone who had been reported missing possibly. With the body frozen and the water temp. at 33 degrees (as mentioned in the article above this post)...I would think it has been there for a little while, at least. The only good news is that evidence would be preserved in a frozen state.

Unfortunately there are a few every winter downtown Chicago that either slip/fall or are put in the lake.

There are two threads on this.................. subject.

I think it should remain as two threads for the moment as it could have nothing to do with Stacy.

I have looked and cannot find another recent missing woman from the Chicago area. Anyone find anything?!

I think it should remain as two threads for the moment as it could have nothing to do with Stacy.

I have looked and cannot find another recent missing woman from the Chicago area. Anyone find anything?!

Could be :confused: someone visiting Chicago..

I guess it is possible...but there should be something in the media if a visitor goes missing in Chicago. She was obviously reported as being missing or they wouldn't have mentioned that tid bit.

SS, I beg to differ! Stacy and Lisa are the only two NATIONALLY PUBLICIZED recently missing women from Chicago.

There are literally THOUSANDS of missing women in and around the Chicagoland area! You just don't hear about them on a national level...

Sry ss, I really needed coffee and put my glasses on.....:rolleyes:

Well Dee...they aren't listed as missing "RECENTLY" if there are. I checked the Chicago PD website, the Illinois State Bureau of Investigation site, and a many others. I looked thru the newspaper and television sites.

Feb 07 is the most recent you found. The others were from 2005 and 1995, yes?

Since this was reported as being a "woman found unresponsive", it would suggest to me that she has not been missing all that long.

Well Dee...they aren't listed as missing "RECENTLY" if there are. I checked the Chicago PD website, the Illinois State Bureau of Investigation site, and a many others. I looked thru the newspaper and television sites.

Feb 07 is the most recent you found. The others were from 2005 and 1995, yes?

Maybe they're so recent they haven't been put on any of these websites yet?

Or maybe they're not reported to the websites at all. I'm sure CPD has quite an extensive database. It's possible they haven't put any of it online yet.

It's also possible she was placed in the Lake in Wisconsin and floated down to Chicago...

Since this was reported as being a "woman found unresponsive", it would suggest to me that she has not been missing all that long.
Maybe they haven't been put on any site yet. I am just saying what I have found is all. I would not know if there are others that have not been REPORTED to the public.

Have any identifying characteristics been released yet? Such as race?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back