Female Body Found!

MeAgnL8Agn

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
January 19, 2008

Chicago police Saturday afternoon recovered a woman's body from Lake Michigan near Fullerton Parkway.

A report came in to Chicago police about 2:40 p.m. about a body found in the water, Officer John Mirabelli said. No other details were available.

Fullerton Parkway meets Lake Michigan at Lincoln Park, just south of the Diversey Harbor Lagoon.

This is about 35 mins from Bolingbrook IL

This would just be too much since it's her birthday today. I mean, it would be a good thing, but wow.

I've been looking for updates to this story, and so far there's nothing. At this point all we know is that it's a woman. There was nothing more, no race mentioned, or possible age of the victim, or how long the woman had been in the water. The news reports from Chicago say the police have given no further information.

So, it's a matter of waiting. It will probably be at least some time tomorrow or Monday before they give further details. There was a brief video on one of the Chicago news sites, showing the police pulling the body from the water, but you can't really see anything. My impression is that the body was small, and this only from the fact that it didn't look like it took much effort for the police to pick it up. The video is here at this link - the story is on the right column.
http://cltv.trb.com/

Thread on this unidentified body here http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58816

The first report I read was this

The Chicago Fire Department says the body is that of a woman, possibly someone who was reported missing recently.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/local&id=5902305

I'm not sure what "recently" really means....

Thanks Chicoliving!

"possibly someone who was reported missing recently." That is vague, as the word "recently" could mean last week or last month or even a few months ago.

Went to google maps, said without traffic 55minutes,up to an hour and 10 minutes with traffic..
I love google maps, aren't they great?:crazy:

Police would not confirm whether the body was that of Alma Mendez, 39, who has been missing since she left her Chicago Heights home to go jogging in the Sauk Trail Woods at 26th Street and Euclid Avenue in neighboring South Chicago Heights on Sunday

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/missing.jogger.south.2.453938.html

CANCEL WRONG - sorry guys, it was the first article I got when I goggled missing woman, lake, etc etc, but it is from Oct 2007.... still might be our missing Stacy.......

Thanks, Poco. Sounds like a better possibility even if we were all hoping Stacy would be found today.

Geez, googling bodies Lake Michigan and a slew of links comes up. Looks like Lake Michigan is a popular dumping ground for dead bodies.

Not much new info.... I can't find anything on google - no updates. Will just have to wait (I hate waiting) and see......

Monday is a Holiday. It is going to be a long wait unless they can make a positive ID from a family member before then.

I have been searching around as well, and can't find any active recent missing persons from the chicago area.

I searched missing persons sites as well as the news sites...it looks like everyone that was missing has been found except for stacy.....maybe we will hear something soon......

Kel

Lisa Stebic is also missing from the area. They are the only two I could find reported as missing recently that have not been found.

Nothing new in the Sunday Trib, but did find it interesting that on the on-line version that right under the article about the lady that had drowned was an article about Drew Peterson being "the suspect" in the case of his missing wife Stacy.

I hope this is one of our missing ladies !

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back