794 users online (84 members and 710 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Littledeer View Post
    Why am I still stomping waiting for the FINAL results of the baby's gender?

Has it been officially announced that it has been DEFINTATELY DETERMINED that the fetus was a girl or a boy??
    I haven't read a thing LD confirming one way or another or if the DNA matched Cesar Laurean or not.

TG:

Thanks for your response. Don't you find that odd since the remains were recovered on January 10/11th??

Today is February 6th. So we are looking at close to a month and yet no results??

Or do they know and it's being undisclosed because of the furor it would cause??? That doesn't seem possible, as it already caused a furor from the original DNA results that it was a girl. And yet, Maria, her family, and even us here all thought it was a boy.

Still stomping..............

TG:

Thanks for your response. Don't you find that odd since the remains were recovered on January 10/11th??

Today is February 6th. So we are looking at close to a month and yet no results??

Or do they know and it's being undisclosed because of the furor it would cause??? That doesn't seem possible, as it already caused a furor from the original DNA results that it was a girl. And yet, Maria, her family, and even us here all thought it was a boy.

Still stomping..............
    At this point I just don't know why they aren't saying anything. Could be part of the investigation, but how I don't know, unless the DNA didn't match CAL.

Why am I still stomping waiting for the FINAL results of the baby's gender?

Has it been officially announced that it has been DEFINTATELY DETERMINED that the fetus was a girl or a boy??

I admit I have not read here in probably the last 2 weeks. I am trying to get caught up. I thought they determined the baby was a girl, but when I read the ulogy (sp) they still were saying Gabriel Joseph and referred to the baby as a boy! Surely it must have been a boy after all? WTH is going on?

Opinion - I think there are additional details in the autopsy that will result in addtional charges so the autopsy is being held until the arrest. Or, there are conflicting opinions in the results and the person signing the final report is not ready to issue a decision yet. That is why I was asking if additonal charges could be added after he was arrested.

gardenmom:

I agree, WTH is going on???? I think Crime-Dreamer might be right for either one or both of the reasons that she/he posted. But even then, I don't think making an anouncement of the sex of the baby would compromise anything. Maybe it really was a girl as was stated in the initial autopsy report, but Mary and the family knowing that Maria believed the baby to be a boy up to her death, wanted to honor her belief even in death.

Just wondering if anyone has any update on the DNA results. I've looked but I can't find anything.
    Sherryggg

Quote Originally Posted by SeekingJana View Post
    What happened? Ultrasounds are usually accurate now, depending on how late in pregnancy the genitalia are scanned.

Did Maria lie about the sex of the baby? Why would she?

I know about lots of ultrasounds that are wrong. The technology may be better but the person reading them may not be.

There are some who are quite sure that Cesar is not the baby's father. I can't recall exactly where I read that..maybe in the blog..the one where Captain Sutherland answers questions..and the one where the journalist Lindell Kay also does investigaive reporting on this story. I believe he said his sources were telling him that Cesar was not the father of Maria's baby. He said his source seemed to be pretty sure. Could that be the reason Cesar killed Maria? Was he so angry with her, even though she was leaving town, that he went into a full blown rage...because she had brought misery and turmoil to his life. Or could it be he loved her and then she told him the baby wasn't his and she was leaving, he went crazy and didn't want to lose her? Did he find out that she was having sex with someone else and lost his temper. Or did he premeditate the murder of Maria to remove her and the baby and the DNA from his life....ya gotta think the reason he burned her body was to destroy as much of the DNA as he could. Such an interesting case... very very sad though that 2 human beings lost their lives.

Quote Originally Posted by sherryggg View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has any update on the DNA results. I've looked but I can't find anything.
    Sherryggg
    The last I heard is the DNA testing to determine who the father is has not been done. They said they are going to wait until Laurean returns.

Sounds real fishy to me since they can identify a deceased Marine or a soldier coming back from Iraq just from having a strand of their hair.

There is plenty of his DNA in his own home. I think they are stalling or the initial results weren't what they wanted so they are going to retest. I did find it interesting that Hudson ,I believe it was, said they would be testing potential father(s).

imoo

We also know they had an "intact" hand of the baby and surely DNA from his home. I think they have the evidence, but want to wait for more conclusive evidence for the record is all. Does anyone doubt the baby was his? Maybe Maria...but if she did...we will never know if she ever questioned it...however, the factual DNA will prove it all once and for all.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    We also know they had an "intact" hand of the baby and surely DNA from his home. I think they have the evidence, but want to wait for more conclusive evidence for the record is all. Does anyone doubt the baby was his? Maybe Maria...but if she did...we will never know if she ever questioned it...however, the factual DNA will prove it all once and for all.
    For a long time I thought that Gabriel had to be his but now I am no longer sure.

Maria, herself, said Gabriel was not a product of rape so for her to discount that she had to have known that she had had sex with another person after then it seems to me. If not then surely she would have told them "that cannot be.... I haven't had sex with anyone after the rape allegations were made." (example)

imoo

Was she ever contending in her protection order or other reports that he was the father? I thought she was focusing on the rape, as far as he went, and the pregnancy was just an aside, possibly unrelated coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by LillyRush View Post
    Was she ever contending in her protection order or other reports that he was the father? I thought she was focusing on the rape, as far as he went, and the pregnancy was just an aside, possibly unrelated coincidence?
    Yes, I believe she was ...the MC said she rearranged her statement on November 5, 2007 and that is when she told them he was not a product of the rape allegations.

November 5th is also the same day she moved in with Dan Durham.

imo

Thanks, oceanblueeyes, that's what I thought at first. So far, Dan Durham has seem to portray himself as the friend who was just helping her out and felt bad for her situation. Interesting about the move-in date.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast