DC DC - Pvt. Allen Adams, 20, Washington DC, 31 July 1967

PFF

Reaction score
Years ago on the News there was a 1980's {?} report that tearing down a washington DC restruanant were found the remains which were found to have been a supposed AWOL soldier from Ft Meyers{?} who gone missing in the mid/late 1960's. I think the case was featured on either "Unsolved Mysteries" or "AMW".

http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F70F16FF34590C768CDDAB0894DF494D81

Published: February 5, 1997

Long Missing and Long Misjudged, a Soldier Is Buried

Investigators surmise that Private Adams's body was hidden in the attic. They are looking for leads in property tax records and have interviewed the property's owner at the time, but a fire has destroyed Army personnel records that would have helped them find soldiers who served with Mr. Adams.

When word came that Private Adams was in fact dead, Mrs. Adams cried for hours.

''There was no hope left,'' she said in an interview after the burial, crying again.

I don't see any follow up articles for the investigation.

Rest in Peace Pfc. Allen L. Adams, thank you for your service to our Country.

I recall this case. He was a member of the Third Infantry at Forth Meyers, VA. That is the unit which renders military honors at the Tomb of the Unknowns and at military funerals at Arlington National Cemetery.

He went missing in 1967 and was subsequently declared a deserter. Of course, some thirty years later, his body was found and it was aparent that he had been murdered. He was buried with full military honors.

Thank you Richard. Our Vets have a very special place in my heart, I admit it is because I am, myself, a military wife of almost 20 years. But also, because I am a military Mom now. That, in of itself, is a much different experience than a wife.

God bless our Vets.

I wonder if DC police have ever turned up any leads regarding the murder of Private Adams.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back