I'm Angry: victim's mom, perp's wife

ShowerSinger

Reaction score
I'm more than angry, I'm furious. This murder Victim's mother, and I use that term loosely, disgusts me. She never really defends her daughter, and almost seems relieved, to not have her/grandchild... per her multiple media interviews. She sickens me!

Ok I got started,
the perp's wife sickens me as well.
I understand she has a child with the killer, but still, she had ample opportunity to turn the sicko in, before he fled!!!!:furious:

I'm more than angry, I'm furious. This murder Victim's mother, and I use that term loosely, disgusts me. She never really defends her daughter, and almost seems relieved, to not have her/grandchild... per her multiple media interviews. She sickens me!

Ok I got started,
I understand she has a child with the killer, but still, she had ample opportunity to turn the sicko in, before he fled!!!!:furious:

I like this quote:

"I said she had problems with occasional compulsive lying."

How can you be an occasional and compulsive

Ok I got started,
Maybe you should have posted this in Release Stress Here/Off Topic Area

Her mother is a victim here, whether you approve of her or not.

Ok I got started,

===>>>This is Seriously Searching post #122, on #10 you need to
Read this link very carefully, and get some real facts about Marias mom.

quote"Here is an article that is a MUST read as it gives another due date of Jan. 15th and states that Maria told her mother she was going to the Christmas party. There is other information as to why her mother called her a "liar", etc. Very interesting!!!! "unquote

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/con...riainside.html

Mary is a victim, but so is Maria. We do not know how or why counseling was required of Maria. Or if counseling was required at all. We do not know the circumstances of the story Maria told. It could have been Maria told others her dad threw a lamp at her brother. The the story gets passed around and the next thing you know it's turned into Maria supposedly said her dad threw a lamp at her brother nearly killing him. Maria's mother never discounts the story, but merely says that she assured Maria's superiors that her son is alive and well.

Maria told one lie..How many people have told one lie in their life? We all have..and if you say you didn't then you just told your your lie! She was probably just looking for some kind of attention that she had lacked in her life..therefore she told a lie. Man I don't see why her 'lie' was even brought up to begin with and what it had to do with her missing/murdered! That is why I am angry at the mother! You don't even want to get me started on the wife.

Shower Singer, at the beginning of this case many of us here were furious at her mother because of the negative comments she made about Maria that hindered the investigation. With time, we have come to view MARY in a different light and to focus our anger on those responsible for this heinous crime and cover up.

Shower Singer, at the beginning of this case many of us here were furious at her mother because of the negative comments she made about Maria that hindered the investigation. With time, we have come to view MARY in a different light and to focus our anger on those responsible for this heinous crime and cover up.

I felt the same way and was hoping that Mary would have a clue by now and possibly feel a bit of remorse for her comments. Her comments hurt the investigation. I had hoped that Mary would "get it". But yesterdays article and the headlines splashed all over the US about Maria's "problem with truth" shows me otherwise. Maria's mother wants to blame everyone else for that bit of info going public. She now has gone on record twice, that I know of, talking about Maria's lying and her bi-polar issues.

IMO, the only reason for Mary to have brought these issues to the attention of LE, was because she herself believed that Maria had run off. How can she blame anyone else for believing the same thing?

I felt the same way and was hoping that Mary would have a clue by now and possibly feel a bit of remorse for her comments. Her comments hurt the investigation. I had hoped that Mary would "get it". But yesterdays article and the headlines splashed all over the US about Maria's "problem with truth" shows me otherwise. Maria's mother wants to blame everyone else for that bit of info going public. She now has gone on record twice, that I know of, talking about Maria's lying and her bi-polar issues.

IMO, the only reason for Mary to have brought these issues to the attention of LE, was because she herself believed that Maria had run off. How can she blame anyone else for believing the same thing?

I know, amd I don't condone Mary's having said these things. When I compare her behavior to Sharon Rocha's after Laci disappeared it is so vastly different. And it hurt to read that when Maria had first gotten to Camp Lejeune and would call home 3 or 4 times a day crying and begging for help, MAry was cold enough to actually screen the calls !
That is so heartless and cold. I could never do that to one of my children, especially if they were crying for help.

However, I don't gain anything by being angry at Mary, and anger only attracts negative things. So I decided to focus my anger and transform it into energy I can use to sleuth around and maybe find little clues and offer my ideas to others on this board.

I don't know if I'll be able to help Maria, but it makes me feel useful, whereas anger will not.

Ticamom, I totally agree with you and understand.

===>>>This is Seriously Searching post #122, on #10 you need to
Read this link very carefully, and get some real facts about Marias mom.

quote"Here is an article that is a MUST read as it gives another due date of Jan. 15th and states that Maria told her mother she was going to the Christmas party. There is other information as to why her mother called her a "liar", etc. Very interesting!!!! "unquote

http://www.daytondailynews.com/n/con...riainside.html

Hi Camper, I wanted to let you I went back #122 on #10, just to see if I'd missed something . I'm so glad I did, certainly adds new light on Mary, now I understand some stuff a little better & makes more sense now. Thank you.

well i can't get the page to open in order to read it. Soooo, I did see read and i'm going to trust those here that have read and viewed.

Her mother makes me stand up and go What the Blankity blank are you thinking woman? There is no logical reasons to have put anything out there like this about maria, cuz that's just her opinion, which is totally unsubstantiated.

Her mother makes me stand up and go What the Blankity blank are you thinking woman? There is no logical reasons to have put anything out there like this about maria, cuz that's just her opinion, which is totally unsubstantiated.

I wish she would quit talking. IMO, mom seems a little fixated on that one aspect of her daughter.

I wish she would quit talking. IMO, mom seems a little fixated on that one aspect of her daughter.

I agree. If the blinders are removed, big if, she's really going to seeee what she's done. Sometimes, Suzi, people just really don't realize the effect their very own words have on another. It brings my mind to what the Bible says about our words.

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger. A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it! Excellent speech becometh not a fool: much less do lying lips a prince.

I really wonder who is the liar? I don't count someone who has told a lie a couple times in their life a liar. We have all done it. So we're all liars. Most of my lying was done in the late teens, and it wasn't so much coming out of my mouth, but just done undercover and not said as I knew I was doing wrong. So I didn't rush and tell my mother.

We may never know the full extent of this woman's damage and possible danger this put Maria in. I pray a lesson has been learned to be careful what flows out of our mouths, cause they do accomplish what their imagined to set out to do.

Thanks Suzi for your posts, there always of a high caliber of character.
Mygirlsadie, thanks for responding to my question earlier, I'm trying not to clog up the threads with personal sentiments.

Are Maria's other siblings also adopted? Is Marie the ONLY adopted one? And WHY would her mother (Mary) have ANY INKLING of whether Maria's bio Dad was bi-polar?? Does Mary KNOW Maria's bio-mom?? Is she (bio-mom) a RELATIVE? Or is the bi-polar, compulsive liar thing something Mary herself (and only Mary) thinks? AND WHERE ARE MARY'S SIBLINGS AND FATHER????

I get the idea that Mary was somehow a little resentful of Maria and was for years before she went into the Marines. While saying Maria was VERY athletic, close to her Dad (who hasn't said a WORD), Mary subtly runs Maria down. What I am getting is a feeling that Maria may have been less than interested in sex or romance with ANYONE and was not interested in the whole white picket fence, find a strapping young Marine, get engaged, have a big Catholic wedding that Mary had in mind for her daughter. And THEN she gets pregnant - without benefit of ANY of the above - what was Mary going to say back home??? Did ANY of Mary's friends even know Maria was pregnant before she went missing? Was Mary doing a little CYA of her own in the beginning?

What sort of pressure was Mary putting on her daughter with every phone call - well, when she TOOK MARIA's CALLS, that is??? I do NOT get the impression Maria was bi-polar AT ALL, I get the impression she was 20, away from home for the 1st time, lonely, pregnant by "surprise" from a probable RAPE, and terribly unhappy - she wasn't "fitting in" with the other Marines at LJ BEFORE the attack and after she made it public, she was NEVER going to fit in. So she was accused of a lie BEFORE - at LJ she was lying about the rape and paternity to make the others on base LIKE HER. That isn't compulsive lying, that's SURVIVAL!

I know Mary meant well, she was, after all, the driving force behind finding her daughter and MAKING the MC do SOMETHING! I just wish she had been a bit more discreet with her comments. Ahh, but there is NO BOOK for finding your missing pregnant daughter and no book for how to act when she is found buried in her accused rapist's backyard after 25 days. She has lost her child and her grandchild (her 1st?) and I am sure she never expected to end up in the He!! she has found herself in today. I just wish the REST of the family would step up a little and shoulder a bit of the burden and HELP get justice for Maria.

My Opinion

excellent post Flowerchild, as usual.

I think some of Mary's coments shock us because
in a lot of these cases the families of the PERP are
out front loudly proclaiming thier innocense and comments
like "he/she was such a good person, could never have
done such a horrible thing" "he/she had a troubled childhood"
anything to garner sympathy for the PERP.
We just don't expect to hear any negativity comming
from the Victims side, in any manner. I think that
is what is bothering a lot of us.
I am sure Mary wishes she had not made the comments she did.
I don't know if it could have made any difference.

When the mother said she screened her calls I was just like WOW... :mad: I can just imagine and wife listening to all of the mothers comments and snickering..

excellent post Flowerchild, as usual.

I think some of Mary's coments shock us because
in a lot of these cases the families of the PERP are
out front loudly proclaiming thier innocense and comments
like "he/she was such a good person, could never have
done such a horrible thing" "he/she had a troubled childhood"
anything to garner sympathy for the PERP.
We just don't expect to hear any negativity comming
from the Victims side, in any manner. I think that
is what is bothering a lot of us.
I don't know if it could have made any difference.

ITA, I think you hit the nail right on the head, to quote my mom. I know it was bothering me like H**L.

After the initial comments she made in the past, I had such high hopes that Mary would feel badly for what she said. Saying it once is one thing. But to turn around a week or so later repeating what she previously said, shows me there is no remorse there. In fact, I percieve the article as a chance for Maria's mother to explain and defend her previous comments. CYA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back