Shocking Similar Cases

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
Below are two cases featured at the below link for American Chronicle.
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/49661

Airman Cassandra Hernandez' gang rapists, are docked pay and assigned more labor while she faces court martial for indecent liberties. If convicted, she will be jailed, demoted and have to register as a sex offender.

Airman First Class Ashley Turner who had accused a fellow airman of stealing $2700 from her account. Airman Calvin Eugene Hill was facing court martial and Airman Ashley Turner was set to testify. She never got the chance. Someone reportedly slammed a barbell weight into her face and then stabbed her to death.

Other articles written by Rebekah Price at American Chronicle.
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/49422

Definitely disturbing!! It doesn't surprise me, sad to say. Maybe Maria's case can bring to light this horrible injustice in our military.

Below are two cases featured at the below link for American Chronicle.
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/49661

Airman Cassandra Hernandez' gang rapists, are docked pay and assigned more labor while she faces court martial for indecent liberties. If convicted, she will be jailed, demoted and have to register as a sex offender.

Airman First Class Ashley Turner who had accused a fellow airman of stealing $2700 from her account. Airman Calvin Eugene Hill was facing court martial and Airman Ashley Turner was set to testify. She never got the chance. Someone reportedly slammed a barbell weight into her face and then stabbed her to death.

Other articles written by Rebekah Price at American Chronicle.
http://www.americanchronicle.com/articles/49422

This is terrible.:eek: How in the world can they charge Cassandra with indecent liberties if she was the one raped? Unfreakin' believable.

Really makes me realize how Maria ended up in the legal mess she was in. Evidently filing rape charges is equal to damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Please believe me, many, many rapes in the military are reported and successfully prosecuted. However, I do think there are problems that need to be addressed, as evidenced by these stories and others that I have read of, just like there are problems with sexual assault cases in the civilian world. We've been horrified often here on WS at the outcome of some cases.

I will say that a military base, though not completely safe, obviously, is way more safe than the community surrounding it, due, I think, to the fact that everyone has a job and is randomly drug tested. For instance, I would think nothing of walking around the base alone at midnight; I wouldn't take a step outside after dark in my local community.

I just remembered something that occurred some years back here in Kalifornia ........ there was a protest because one of the Marine bases out here (I dont remember which one) was reported to be doing a really disgusting marching chant that included, among other things, the words, "Kill - Rape - Pillage -Burn."

I didnt research it at the time, but it made me think of wars in which women (wives, daughters, etc., of the enemy) are raped (and worse) ...... even by our very own military.......so I was pretty shocked that they were drilling (literally) that thought into their heads.

sick ... :furious: ... twisted.

I think there are similar problems, from disrespect for women to sexual assault, whenever large groups of young men are grouped together -- fraternities, sports teams, the military, gangs.

I think there are similar problems, from disrespect for women to sexual assault, whenever large groups of young men are grouped together -- fraternities, sports teams, the military, gangs.

I won't disagree with that, Steadfast! :)

It's just that I remember being extremely disappointed when I heard about that chant. That chant as well as the point you make here evidences a cowardice that I (in what must have been an idealized view of the military) never previously associated w/the military. I certainly wouldn't think would be a positive thing to drill into young minds .........and I never idealized any fraternities, teams or gangs the way I did the military. I still do ........ BUT why would the upper ranks attempt to appeal to the baser instincts by instructing it and actually drilling it into their minds as if it's an acceptable part of their jobs?

:confused:

I won't disagree with that, Steadfast! :)

It's just that I remember being extremely disappointed when I heard about that chant. That chant as well as the point you make here evidences a cowardice that I (in what must have been an idealized view of the military) never previously associated w/the military. I certainly wouldn't think would be a positive thing to drill into young minds .........and I never idealized any fraternities, teams or gangs the way I did the military. I still do ........ BUT why would the upper ranks attempt to appeal to the baser instincts by instructing it and actually drilling it into their minds as if it's an acceptable part of their jobs?

:confused:

I would be pretty surprised if that chant came from the "upper ranks"! They don't come up with drill chants nor do they drill. Often, a very low ranking soldier will be in charge of leading a drill, and will make up a chant. Maybe it caught on at that base. Of course, nowadays, such a chant would be specifically against written orders.
This past year, my husband had to get a bikini top tattooed onto his formerly topless hula girl tattoo because of new policies.

Please believe me, many, many rapes in the military are reported and successfully prosecuted. However, I do think there are problems that need to be addressed, as evidenced by these stories and others that I have read of, just like there are problems with sexual assault cases in the civilian world. We've been horrified often here on WS at the outcome of some cases.

I will say that a military base, though not completely safe, obviously, is way more safe than the community surrounding it, due, I think, to the fact that everyone has a job and is randomly drug tested. For instance, I would think nothing of walking around the base alone at midnight; I wouldn't take a step outside after dark in my local community.

I agree with that Stead! I walk around the base all the time after dark, and don't think anything about it, but wouldn't dare walk outside that gate after dark, even when we were stationed in the states.

Most of the areas on the base (even the beach area) have cameras everywhere.

The military has become a much stricter than it was years ago.

I would be pretty surprised if that chant came from the "upper ranks"! They don't come up with drill chants nor do they drill. Often, a very low ranking soldier will be in charge of leading a drill, and will make up a chant. Maybe it caught on at that base. Of course, nowadays, such a chant would be specifically against written orders.
This past year, my husband had to get a bikini top tattooed onto his formerly topless hula girl tattoo because of new policies.

LOL ..... and I wont even ask where the tat is! :D

I misspoke when I said upper ranks. I was just meaning to indicate someone who was in a position to give them orders.

Your answer has restored some of my faith if it is against written orders, now ........ there's just no place for that kind of brain washing in the military.

I also think some of the initiation rites of things like teams, gangs, and fraternities are cruel, unusual, and downright homoerotic in some of their humiliations. I find it hard to believe that kind of thing really represents the male mind ........ I guess I was really lucky getting the dad I had ...... He was an absolutely law-abiding, moral and kind gentleman. Young children and pets always took to him immediately. ....... I just cant fathom that other kind of man

boy ..... zooooom off topic why dont I? :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back