Suzanne Pleshette Dies

close_enough

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
:(

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Suzanne Pleshette, the husky-voiced star best known for her role as Bob Newhart's sardonic wife on television's long-running "The Bob Newhart Show," has died at age 70.

Pleshette, whose career included roles in such films as Hitchcock's "The Birds" and in Broadway plays including "The Miracle Worker," died of respiratory failure Saturday evening at her Los Angeles home, said her attorney Robert Finkelstein, also a family friend.

Pleshette underwent chemotherapy for lung cancer in 2006.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hR-orOZKA0H0lJUYeJLS4nenaFwQD8U9G31O0

aw.... that's a shame!

RIP, Suzanne ...

She was a good actress and also very beautiful. We are losing so many .:(

Grew up watching the "Bob Newhart Show" and "Emily"....

RIP Suzanne.

When I was a kid, I wished I had her throaty voice. She was great with Bob Newhart. I still enjoy watching the reruns occasionally.

RIP Ms. Pleshette

She was incredibly beautiful in the early '60's,and I liked her on Newhart in the '70's but she chose her own fate by smoking her whole life--R.I.P. Suzanne

She was wonderfull

I loved that movie she was in with Jerry Reed (?)
I think it was called "hot stuff", maybe in the 70's

she will be missed

:(

She was such a beautiful lady, and her voice so sultry. Sorry to hear of her passing.

My dad really liked her and both my parents, as well as I, loved the Bob Newhart Show.. It's funny, I keep forgetting these actors from back in the day, get old, too. I just see reruns of these shows therefore these actors never age..

RIP Suzanne

Her husband died less than a year ago--Tom Poston. Now they are together.
RIP, Suzanne...she was always one of my favorites.

I loved watching her with Bob Newhart so much on the "Bob Newhart Show". It was so heartwarming to read about her and Tom Poston getting married 40+ years after they first met and briefly dated at that time. Both continued their careers, and married other people.. until fate ( or Bob) brought them back into each other's orbit again.
Tom's wife, Kay, died a prolonged agonizing death from ALS.. As I recall, Suzanne's second husband also had a lingering, terminal illness.

Tom and Suzanne really deserved happiness.. and it was so short-lived.
I hope so much that they had some happy, active years together.
Respiratory failure took them both, and as we know, it doesn't just creep up on long-term smokers or former long-term smokers.
I am feeling so old now.
I can still hear her sayng " Oh, Bob".

Shout out to Bob Newhart- stay well. You are loved. :blowkiss:

peter- i was gonna say the same thing-- another death from smoking. this is why i never bought into the 'sultry voices are sexy' thing... they are usually caused by voice box damage from smoking. not sexy at all to me. but she definitely was a beauty... anyway.... RIP.....

Goodness, she will be missed... I loved how she came on board for the ending of Newhart... one of the best finales ever, on tv.

:( I used to love her! Sad to see she's passed at such a young age!

Goodness, she will be missed... I loved how she came on board for the ending of Newhart... one of the best finales ever, on tv.

You beat me to mentioning this. She was awesome in that episode and the older Newhart show. Classic.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back