GUILTY CA - Cody Thompson, 18, & Bodhi Sherzer-Potter, 16, slain, Mojave, 5 Jan 2008

SteveHuff

The Websleuther formerly known as misterallgood
Reaction score
Website
www.truecrimeweblog.com
The Jan. 5, 2008 murders of Bodhisattva "Bodhi" Sherzer-Potter and Christopher Cody Thompson in the high desert in Helendale, CA.

Arrests have been made in this case, which is intriguing and ran under the national radar newswise for a bit. I wasn't able to find any mention of it here at WS, either.

One of the alleged killers kept a MySpace blog and once had a Xanga, and those have brought about more interest in the case because they were so psychopathic. The MySpace stuff has been made private, but I mirrored it:

"Arrests in 'the Bunker Murders' in Covina, CA."

I think I may have been the only one to catch on to his Xanga connection, though by now it'd be hard to tell.

EDITED TO ADD DIRECT LINKS TO MIRRORED PAGES

Here are the direct links to alleged killer Collin Lee McGlaughlin's MySpace stuff, mirrored by me:

http://mirror.huffsblog.com/collinleemyspace.htm
http://mirror.huffsblog.com/collinleemyspaceblog.htm

Steve

Teens killing teens. :(

I have a feeling these kids would have been murdered with or without the bunker. I'm glad this is spurring some action to get them sealed though.

Thanks for saving the sites. They sure are creepy. Someone had to know this was bound to happen with these two.

Do you see this as the classic leader/follower situation?

Steve, thank you for that information. I had heard absolutely not a thing about that horrible double murder. Real piece of work that kid is. He better be prepared for a good whooping in prison. Some of that Myspace jabber will certainly get him murdered as well if he holds onto them beliefs.

Teens killing teens. :(

I have a feeling these kids would have been murdered with or without the bunker. I'm glad this is spurring some action to get them sealed though.

Thanks for saving the sites. They sure are creepy. Someone had to know this was bound to happen with these two.

Do you see this as the classic leader/follower situation?

It almost always breaks down that way. I read an article -- can't find it at the moment -- indicating that police thought McGlaughlin was the shooter, so I'd guess he might be the "leader."

Anyone sleuths up something extra on this, please e-mail me, too. I'd really appreciate it.

Steve

http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/

Please vote for The True Crime Weblog in the Capote Awards, sponsored by Corey Mitchell's In Cold Blog.

With a nick like 'firemasta' (and the obligatory 666) I have to wonder if there are any unsolved arsons in that area. Oh yeah, may as well check for anything strange happening with local animals.

Now, the nick "banjoman1864" is interesting. I'm so out of the loop with that age range that I don't know if he liked playing the banjo, or if that's code for something! lol

This was from McG's xanga blog that Steve linked. It sounds like the DA knew in 7/2005 that this kid was trouble. Sheesh. How many others are there like this out there....

"and then the ****in DA said that i should be locked up because i was an aciedent waiting to hapen my next court date is july 11 so hopefully im ok"

:( :(

With a nick like 'firemasta' (and the obligatory 666) I have to wonder if there are any unsolved arsons in that area. Oh yeah, may as well check for anything strange happening with local animals.

Now, the nick "banjoman1864" is interesting. I'm so out of the loop with that age range that I don't know if he liked playing the banjo, or if that's code for something! lol

I thought the exact same thing about the firemasta nick. The banjoman nick? In keeping with the whole racist gestalt -- 1864 was the last full year of the Civil War, about which I'm sure he knows nothing. And Southern Californians are NOT southerners.

The racism in that Xanga was really disturbing to me, and I grew up around a lot of bigots, being from Tennessee. I think he viewed those victims as "hippie kids," coming from that mindset.

Steve

-

http://www.truecrimeweblog.com/

This has happened up here in the high desert where i live. I'm in Hesperia, about 20 miles from Helendale. Both students attend The Lewis Center for Educational Research, or actually it's the Academy for Academic Excelence or something like that in Apple Valley.

It's been in our paper daily. Such a tragedy. Both victims seems like really nice kids with promising futures.

I hope the creeps are put away for a long time. It was mentioned that both boys' fathers are in law enforcement. Our local paper here is The Daily Press if you want to read more. ww.vvdailypress.com

Ah, thanks for the explanation.

This was at the top of his xanga and I had to google it!
"the greatest day in history 2/22/1861"

Lincoln's Inaugural? :waitasec:

These server problems are driving me crazy!

I didn't realize they were so far from home. One article I read said the bunkers were about 100 miles from Covina.

The two Los Angeles County teens were described by detectives as outsiders and opportunists visiting a grim, abandoned military bunker for a stranger's birthday party.
Collin Lee McGlaughlin and David Brian Smith, arrested late Thursday, are suspected of lingering at the remote High Desert hangout earlier this month to rob the night's final revelers. Instead, the victims were killed -- executed in chilling fashion, officials said Friday.
and
Detectives do not believe the two had ever met the victims. Thompson and Sherzer-Potter were simply the last two at the party as it broke up at 4 a.m., detectives said.
"And that's what was unusual about this case from the get go," Ells said. "It was pretty senseless." (more at link)

Horrific!
What makes a young person feel this way?
Why is he feeled with so much hatred?
From McGlaughlin's myspace:

On a numbered list he included, “u may be able to outrun me but can u outrun a bullet???” followed up with, “i feel that if a person really needs it they should be able to walk down the street with a .357 killing people at random.”

I read a blurb about this a week or so ago.The first thing that popped into my head that it reminded me a bit of the CSI show about a cult/mass suicide that happened in a bunker out in the desert.

I am glad they got those two guys.Reading the ones blog just chilled me to the bone =(

This is an old thread but still no trial for these guys. Bodhi's mother posted today on a FB page I'm on that motions start today. She is very upset with SBCDA Ramos for not accepting McGlaughlin's plea in exchange for LWOP and dropping the DP.

McGlaughlin accepts plea deal
Collin Lee McGlaughlin agreed to a plea deal on Monday that will see him sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole, according to a court official. McGlaughlin pleaded guilty in the murders of two teenagers in an abandoned Air Force bunker in Helendale in January 2008. http://www.vvdailypress.com/

I hadn't heard about this case before....how sad. This poor couple....they had so much going for them and this creep randomly shows up at this party and kills them. Just awful in every way.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back