Illegal immigrant deportation postponed

imthemom

Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324749,00.html

CHICAGO — Immigration and Customs Enforcement has postponed the deportation of a widowed illegal immigrant from France who cared for her paralyzed husband for 14 years on Chicago's South Side.
Corina Turcinovic was on her way to the airport tonight when she got the news that she'd be allowed to stay.

Just wanted to show that there all illegal immigrants from everywhere. I am happy they have given this woman a reprive, but I know of many cases where no reprives were given.

I want to know why a good law abiding person would be deported yet CRIMINALS are routinely let on bail????????:confused: I just don't get it.

I don't know if my access to the page was somehow truncated or if the article was just very brief; but I was unable to understand why she was allowed to stay or what the bill before Congress is. :waitasec:

Just wanted to show that there all illegal immigrants from everywhere. I am happy they have given this woman a reprive, but I know of many cases where no reprives were given
Yep. There sure are. Doesn't make it anymore right, or safe for our country.

Sally, if you go to congressman Lipinski's website you can find info about the bill there. It was basically a bill he introduced on the 16th just for Mrs. Turcinovic, to stop her (for now) from being deported. But even the info on his website isn't totally clear - it doesn't state on which visa she entered initially for instance, nor does it say how she was 'allowed by immigrations' to stay and care for her fiance/husband. It is hard to comment on this without that kind of information. Based on the info we do have, to me it looks like the Turcinovic's dropped the ball on getting their status sorted out, and then when he died, Mrs. T. found herself (apparently) out of status but didn't bother setting things straight until she faced deportation. Then she found her congressman willing to go to bat for her and for now it worked. I am not too sympathetic towards her, and frankly it annoys me that congressman Lipinski wasted his valuable time that could have been spent on bigger issues to clean up someone elses mess.

Not just that Janet, the congressman I am sure isn't doing this for many others facing deportation. How is this fair? I feel for her case but also think it is unfair to say it is okay for her to stay while so many others have to be deported such as the lady who was hiding in the church in Chicago who was eventually deported. No congressman went to bat for her, why? Maybe because she was from Mexico, not from France?

Exactly. Seems like the ones with connections, or just more willing reps, are better off than others. Doesn't seem fair. And it isn't, no matter how much of a sob story this is, the law is the law. Unless, I guess, you find a congressman willing to put in a bill to adjust the law just for you. Things like this just really don't jive with my sense of right and wrong, of responsibility and of facing the consequences of one's own behavior.

By the way, the article on Lipinski's website states she entered the US legally way back when, so she's not even an 'illegal immigrant', that title is reserved for the ones who enter illegally. She would be 'out of status'. That many mistakes and omissions on the congressman's website makes you wonder about what he really knows about this matter, yanno?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back