FL FL - Nancy Bochicchio, 47, & Joey Bochicchio-Hauser, 7, Boca Raton, 12 Dec 2007

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I didn't see a thread for this here yet. Sorry if there is and I missed it. Also, I wasn't sure if this is the right spot for it. If not, mods feel free to delete or move.

Mother-Daughter Double Homicide

A little after midnight on December 13, 2007 security guards at the Town Center mall in Boca Raton, Fla. made an upsetting discovery. Police say the bodies of Nancy Bochicchio, 47, and her daughter Joey, were found bound and shot to death in Nancy's black Chrysler Aspen. Cops say their killer pulled the trigger at point-blank range. Despite the time of the discovery, police believe they could have been killed in the late afternoon or evening of Wednesday, December 12, possibly just minutes after finishing their shopping.

Joey was just four days away from her eighth birthday.

More at link: http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=51704

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/joeyandnancyslegacy

Why hasn't this case been featured in the news?
How horrific.

This is the first I have heard of this case. It is horrible. It sounds like the mother and daughter were executed. Could this have been another husband...ex-something? That little girl was only 7 years old and probably really excited about her coming birthday in 2 days. I hope they catch this killer.

If this is the same person that bound a mother and her tiny baby boy in August then he is getting more violent each time. He didn't kill the mother and her baby boy. He made her withdraw a large sum of money and then left them bound in their car. This time he murdered both the mother and child. I think I would stay away from that mall and the parking garage if I lived in that town.

In reading the link there is another mother child murder from same mall and another mother child assault/robbery at the same mall. The mall should have increased security by 10 after the second attempt so scary, sounds like a serial killer in the making. I hope they find who ever is doing this.

Why do LE call it a car jacking when the creep didn't take the cars in any of these mall cases? I thought a car jacking was when the person wants the car and takes it?????

This is the first I've heard of this too. This just totally sickens me and reading this has ruined my morning. I hope they catch this creep that did this to them.

Joey was such a bright eyed cute little girl. A senseless tragedy. Did the robbers take anything?

Nancy Bochicchio's sister speaks out

She lost her sister and her niece in the Town Center Mall murders. Now, she's speaking out.

Nancy Bochicchio's sister is convinced the mall could have prevented the killings. She tells Fox 29 why. "Something should have been done. My sister and Joey might be here today."

[snip]

JoAnn is also speaking out because she is suing Simon Property Group, the owners of Town Center. Her lawyers say the mall failed to provide adequate security and failed to notify other shoppers after a mother and her son were robbed and held hostage in August under similar circumstances. "If they had publicized it, if they had put cameras in surveillance, something for security, this wouldn't have happened."

More at link: http://www.wflx.com/Global/story.asp?S=7610418

<MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/joeyandnancyslegacy>

ughh,, I wish people would use some common design sense when building these websites!!!!!!!!! I think it's wonderful that complete strangers are making sites to help find missing people or killers.. don't get me wrong, and I DO applaud your efforts!! ...But if you CAN'T EVER READ THE DARN THING because it's so cluttered up with layers upon layers upon layers of overlapping images,,, then how is it helpful??? #1 priority is that it should be EASY TO READ to get the message out there. Enough with the hundreds of images of crying kittens and angels and sparkly things... and endless 'have a great day!!' messages. (that's a pet peeve about MySpace in general). Just a tip.

Anyway.. I hope whatever efforts people are making this scum of the earth will be caught. And YES malls & all stores should have BETTER OUTSIDE SECURITY. It figures they will spare no expense in luring you into the store and keeping you mesmerized by endless amount of tantalizing merchandise, doing everything possible to get as much of your money as possible. But after you leave the store.. you're mostly on your own.

And I have to ask... how big was this freaking mall anyway,, that there have been *2* shootings in the parking lot in recent days and NO ONE HAS HEARD OR NOTICED?? I mean, how could you not notice? wouldn't the gunshot be heard from pretty far away?

I thought that the Bochicchio's MySpace page was very well done. Maybe it showed up differently on my computer, but I don't see any overlapping images or endless glittery things. I just saw a lot of good information. Most of the "have a great day" messages, kittens, angels, etc., are comments left on the page by others. They are not made by the site operator, and they're usually out of the way near the bottom.

Posted by new member Crimesolver4u.
A mother and her eight year old daughter were shot at point blank range in their SUV at the upscale town center mall in boca raton. They were shot after the mother was forced to drive to an ATM and take out cash, and they were tied up in the car and given goggles that had been blacked out to wear. The case has now been tied to the murder of Randy Gorenberg who was carjacked and shot and her body was dumped nearby. She also left the mall from the same exit. In august a mother and her two year old son also left the same mall and were accosted in their black SUV. They were forced to drive to an ATM machine with a gun to the two year olds head. They were also tied up the same way and given glasses that had been blacked out and then goggles that had been blacked out to wear. They were returned in their car to the mall parking lot but were not shot.
The case is interesting because the motive does not really appear to be robbery. The expensive SUV's, ie. mercedes, lincolh navigator ect, were not taken. Nor was expensive jewelery the women were wearing. It seems more of a crime of aggression and control against women and women with children.

http://www.topix.net/content/cbs/2008/01/policetask-force-created-for-unsolved-boca-murders

Was Randy the woman who's husband found her body or something? I can't remember. Do you have a link?
Thanks. I have been afraid to go to that mall, and afraid for my family and friends to go, as well. I hope they find whoever this is. Hauntingly horrible.

ShowerSinger please read my post #1 i added a link to that post for you and other members. Randy G was also murdered at the mall from my understanding.

The case is interesting because the motive does not really appear to be robbery. The expensive SUV's, ie. mercedes, lincolh navigator ect, were not taken. Nor was expensive jewelery the women were wearing. It seems more of a crime of aggression and control against women and women with children.

To me it sounds more like some junkie seeking quick cash for a fix, not a psychopath bent on killing for the thrill of it. These kind of robbers can be very dangerous because they are unpredictable, anything not going according to plan can send them into a murderous panic. I base my opinion on the fact that the previous victim with a child was not hurt because she reacted the way the robber was expecting she would, while Nancy attempted to flee which apparently caused the punk to snap. I'm not blaming her, she surely thought the guy wouldn't shoot.

While this certainly qualifies as a felony murder and is therefore a capital case, I don't think the guy had premeditated murdering the victims otherwise he would not have bothered to blindfold them. I'm not convinced the wealthy socialite's murder has anything to do with this but I think it's the same who had attacked the other woman and her 2-year-old. Something I don't understand is the reason why he bothered to drive the victims back to the shopping mall from the ATM's but one possible explanation may be that his dealer operated from that area. The bozo was probably in a rush -which is usually the case with broke junkies- which may explain why he was only interested in cash, not valuables.

Scary stuff. I don't even have kids yet, but this terrify's me that I couldn't take them to the mall and be safe.

To me it sounds more like some junkie seeking quick cash for a fix, not a psychopath bent on killing for the thrill of it. These kind of robbers can be very dangerous because they are unpredictable, anything not going according to plan can send them into a murderous panic. I base my opinion on the fact that the previous victim with a child was not hurt because she reacted the way the robber was expecting she would, while Nancy attempted to flee which apparently caused the punk to snap. I'm not blaming her, she surely thought the guy wouldn't shoot.

While this certainly qualifies as a felony murder and is therefore a capital case, I don't think the guy had premeditated murdering the victims otherwise he would not have bothered to blindfold them. I'm not convinced the wealthy socialite's murder has anything to do with this but I think it's the same who had attacked the other woman and her 2-year-old. Something I don't understand is the reason why he bothered to drive the victims back to the shopping mall from the ATM's but one possible explanation may be that his dealer operated from that area. The bozo was probably in a rush -which is usually the case with broke junkies- which may explain why he was only interested in cash, not valuables.

I don't think this a junkie, we have alot of them in this area, usually they just take the cash and run. I do believe this is a serial killer with some type of aggression toward women, and possibly children. This sicko tied both women with novelty handcuffs and plastic ties, then put goggles with black duct tape over their eyes..I mean who does that?

The sad part about this case is the way the police have handled it. I'm glad that they have finally been able to link all 3 cases but the most recent killing could have probally been avoided. Randi G. was shot in the head and thrown out of her SUV in broad daylight. The police were so focused on the husband that they served a warrant while the family was gathering at the house after the funeral service:mad: The victim who survived a similar attack in August was basically laughed at by the Boca Raton police. I realize her story was bizarre but there was never any mention of it..no press release, no sketch, nothing.

I hope they solve this case soon..

ETA: another link between these 3 victims..... they all shopped at the Sam Goody store before leaving the mall.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back