Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Veillette Family, Mason Oh-wife & 4 Kids Killed By Dad *merged*

Mason Murder Suspect Will Not Be Arraigned Today

Last Fri. the fire dept was called out for a fire in a local home. Found in the burning home was Nadya Veillette and her four children ages 8, 4, 3 and 3. Outside the home was the husband/father Michel Veillette, he was suffering from stab wounds.

Michel Meillette was taken to the hospital, an autopsy showed that Nadya Veillette was also suffering from stab wounds.
    Michel Veillette has been charged with murder, arraignment was scheduled for today, but doctors report his condition has worsened and he was not released from the hospital today.
    http://www.local12.com/content/break...5-c1c61629d93f

http://canadianpress.google.com/arti...hYkOTNmgHowO4Q

One thing that is being watched closely in this case is that it is a potential death penalty case. But the Violette's are Canadian citizens. Canada doesn't have a death penalty. The consulate is providing Violette with counsel.

Marguerite was a third-grader at Mason Heights Elementary. Vincent was in preschool at Mason Early Childhood Center, a center within sight of the family’s home.

Marguerite was described as of those kids who was constantly smiling. The little girl was fluent in both English and French, and, for the past two years, had been learning Spanish.

Marguerite was involved in local American Girl fashion shows and had been expected to audition for this year’s pageant at 10 a.m. Saturday, according to pageant organizers. Over Christmas break, she brought her medal and modeling portfolio to school with her. There was talk in the family of possibly moving to Los Angeles next summer so that Marguerite could pursue an acting and modeling career.

Vincent would talk constantly about how he would get to play football when he turned 7, said Sarah Nalepa, the family’s baby sitter.

“He was a great kid, he always had lots of energy,” she said. “He never wanted to go to bed.”

snip...“The twins were great,” Nalepa said. “When they were kind of starting to talk, it was half French and half English, so it was impossible to understand them, even more than regular baby talk.

“They were very cute.”
    http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs...20026/-1/CINCI

When Mason Firefighters and Police Officers responded Friday night to a fire on Brackenview Court, they had no idea the house would become a crime scene.

They couldn't have known that their emotions as professionals and human beings would be stretched to the limit.

However, that's exactly what happened.

Michel Veillette allegedly used an accelerant to set the structure on fire. His wife was dead of stab wounds. Their four children, three to eight years old, died in the blaze.
    http://www.wcpo.com/content/specials...b-ae9112700f01

I visited St. Susanna's Catholic Church in November 2006 when I visited my friend up there...that really hits home.

I wonder if we will find out about another woman and debt, like is the case in so many of these murders. Scumbag. I wish that he would have died.

A City of Mason detective testified during a preliminary hearing Tuesday that Michel Veillette and his wife got in a fight over finances and infidelity. According to detective Jerome Deidesheimer, that fight escalated and Veillette's wife Nadya and their four children ended up dead.

Deidesheimer said he interviewed Michel Veillette and Veillette admitted that he helped put the four children to bed. Then, he and his wife got in a fight in the kitchen.

According to Deidesheimer, Veillette told him the fight was over finances, that they might have to move.

Deidesheimer also said that Veillette's wife also confronted him about an having an affair. According to detective Deidesheimer, Nadya questioned a $2,000 charge for jewelry on a credit card.
    http://www.kypost.com/content/wcposh...0-76b2932b9fdc

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Photos of the Veillette Family:

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...1130803&Ref=PH

and

MASON – After tucking their children into bed, Michel Veillette and his wife argued over money and his alleged extramarital affair – leading to a violent encounter that ended in the deaths of Mrs. Veillette and all four children.

That testimony of Mason Detective Jerome Deidesheimer on Tuesday helped persuade Judge D. Andrew Batsche of Mason Municipal Court to send the case against Veillette to a Warren County grand jury.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...WS01/301220019

and

Listen to the 911 call (WAV)
    http://news.enquirer.com/assets/AB96484112.WAV

Veillette Family, Mason Oh-wife & 4 Kids Killed By Dad *merged*

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...WS01/801230348

Another beautiful family living beyond their means in upscale Cincinnati suburb. On the evening of Friday, January 11th, after kids were in bed, 33 year old Nadya Ferrari-Veillette asks her frequently-traveling-on-"business" husband, Michel, about a $2k charge on their mastercard that appeared to be a jewelry purchase she presumed was proof that he was having an affair. The fight escalates, she ends up dead, stabbed in the chest. Michel then douses gasoline all over the 2nd floor, & lights up their $435,000 home killing their 4children, ranging in age from 2 to 8 before jumping from a window to save his own neck.

Lots of good articles on cincinnati enquirer site with links to photos, 911 call etc.

What a selfish peice of crap!!!!!!!!! I cannot for the life of me understand how and why people think that their issues could possibly be solved by killing their poor innocent children.

ENQUIRER SPECIAL SECTION: TRAGEDY IN MASON

This is the correct link for the entire list of articles on the case.

In his statement to police, Michel expressed concern for his mistress to be hassled by being in the middle of a multiple homicide case- sorry for her luck, you freaking loser!

HOW awful.

Finding a check written to a jewelry shop was a big clue about my cheating husband in my own 1st marriage. Poor thing.

UGH I wish he had burned to death and not them.

Raw video of his court appearance.
    http://www.wlwt.com/video/15063345/index.html
    ABOUT 1 MINUTE INTO THE VIDEO THERE'S A LOUD BURST OF STATIC! ouch.
    No emotions whatsoever.

Aww, his mommy doesn't believe he did this:
    http://tinyurl.com/2rasb5

That article has to be purchased though. Just the 1st paragraph is available. How stupid.

Gosh, in that video he corrects the ages of his children in the paperwork and doesn't shed a tear. How can he even say their names?

Here's a little more from his mom in this link that is FREE:
    http://www.examiner.com/a-1157310~Au..._children.html
    Veillette's mother, Louise Dufault, told Le Journal de Montreal the couple were deeply in love and that she doesn't believe her son is guilty.
    "Nadya and Michel were both born on Aug. 8," she said. "They were madly in love."
    Dufault, who lives in St-Lin-Laurentides, Quebec, said the whole family seemed happy when they visited at Christmas.
    Guy Ferrari, one of Ferrari-Veillette's uncles, told the newspaper "Michel was part of the family."
    "We would never have thought about something like that. It's a shock. It's completely incomprehensible," said Ferrari, who lives in Boisbriand, Quebec.
    Officials are still putting together the couple's background, but believe the Veillettes had lived in nearby Middletown before moving to Mason about 18 months to two years ago. Neighbors said they seldom saw Michel Veillette because he traveled frequently; he worked designing auto engines.
    Ferrari-Veillette, who worked part-time at Colors Cafe in a strip mall in Mason, often volunteered for cafeteria duty at Mason Heights Elementary. Staff there described her as enthusiastic and vibrant.

It's interesting that he designed auto engines, and her family name is Ferrari.....

He doesn't have any money to hire a lawyer, but he can charge $2,000 in jewelry for a mistress. Loser.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaBrown23 View Post
    What a selfish peice of crap!!!!!!!!! I cannot for the life of me understand how and why people think that their issues could possibly be solved by killing their poor innocent children.
    Right, he killed her "in self-defense" after she came at him with a frying pan in one hand and a knife in the other, so...once she was no longer a threat to him, what is the logic in killing the kids too. I don't buy that he planned on getting them out but was overcome by the smoke & heat after he made sure the only stairway out was fully engulfed.

Of course he was the perfect husband too. To celebrate Nadya's 50lb weight loss, he treated her to a cruise & gave her $2,000 for a new wardrobe ( I guess its only fair that the mistress gets the same amount in jewelry)

Another horror story where the husband murders the whole family. I'm so sick of this.

He sounds like a real winner doesn't he. He probably believes that his wife's death is her own fault...if she hadn't been snooping around he wouldn't have had to kill her!!! Those poor little kids. I hope none of them woke up. I just don't understand why some people think that they have to get rid of the kids too...much less murder their spouse.

His mother thinks that they were in love because they were born on the same day?? His wife probably put on a good act at Christmas and she might have been in love with her husband but I would bet that she wasn't happy... suspecting him of having an affair...which he was...the creep. Mama is in for a rude awakening. Her boy did murder his whole family and he was also messing around.

Angry

This makes me physically ill but I have to add prayers to the family of the mom and maternal grandparents. We were talking at work about how coworkers just don't seem to care if the they are corrected don't take it to heart or start doing their job correctly, I came to the conclusion that I am just overly sensitive to criticism. But I vagely remember a long long time ago the majority of people truly cared about others and doing the right thing.
    This sorry POS should have just walked away. I truly would like him to have a massive heart attack. Fatal one that is. ASAP

Blondieskatz is offline The more often we think and act honestly, the stronger the habit becomes.
    Why don't these men just kill themselves? Why do they have to kill the wife and the children?

Southwestern Maine is home but I'm not there nearly often enough
    Quote Originally Posted by hollyjokers View Post
    Another beautiful family living beyond their means in upscale Cincinnati suburb.
    There is no indication that Veillette could not afford the family home, he appears to have been a successful engineer. Of course if he was supporting another woman on top of that he may have been tight. I think his affair rather than money problems was his main motivation. There are always a number of people, including presumably smart ones like him, who for some reason hold the insane belief that they can just dispose of those they consider a burden to their 'freedom' and move on.

I don't get it.

YES.
    Death Penalty Indictment for Veillette
    http://www.local12.com/content/break...4-c351438facf5
    Our partners at the Hamilton Journal News report, Veillete has been indicted on five counts of aggravated murder and aggravated arson.
    (video, pics and story at link)

This is terrible. I actually had not even heard of this case?

I hope he gets the death penalty. Those poor children .
    RIP Liana Sandoval, Kelsey Briggs, and Baby P.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondieskatz View Post
    Why don't these men just kill themselves? Why do they have to kill the wife and the children?
    My thoughts exactly!

Dead...

http://news.communitypress.com/apps/...WS01/804150304

Too bad it wasn't done prior to the destruction of the family.

Well he decided he could not live with what he has done, and probably could not face the trial that was to come,

I am astounded that more people who commit crimes like him do not commit suicide, a life in prison with no parole would have me reaching for the sheet to hang myself,

Quote Originally Posted by joe jones View Post
    Well he decided he could not live with what he has done, and probably could not face the trial that was to come,

I am astounded that more people who commit crimes like him do not commit suicide, a life in prison with no parole would have me reaching for the sheet to hang myself,
    I'm with you on this. If I killed my entire family and wound up in prison for life, I'd kill myself just as soon as I could manage it.

My DH called to tell me this news this morning. Oh well, at least taxpayer money will not be wasted to try him in a court of law and to take care of this piece of s*** in prison. Especially since this is the county I live in and pay taxes in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast