1086 users online (177 members and 909 guests)  

Websleuths News

Busta Rhymes Gets Off Easy

January 23, 2008 -- Rapper Busta Rhymes cut a deal with prosecutors today that keeps him out of jail for two misdemeanor assault charges.

Prosecutors wanted Rhymes, whose real name is Trevor Smith, to spend one year behind bars. Instead, he'll do 10 days of community service.

Rhymes also faced driving with a suspended license and driving while intoxicated charges. He will lose his license for six months and must enroll in a DWI program.

One assault charge stems from an incident when Rhymes allegedly hit his former driver, Eddie Hatchett
    He also allegedly beat up a fan who spit on a car in the stars' entourage

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    January 23, 2008 -- Rapper Busta Rhymes cut a deal with prosecutors today that keeps him out of jail for two misdemeanor assault charges.

Prosecutors wanted Rhymes, whose real name is Trevor Smith, to spend one year behind bars. Instead, he'll do 10 days of community service.

Rhymes also faced driving with a suspended license and driving while intoxicated charges. He will lose his license for six months and must enroll in a DWI program.

One assault charge stems from an incident when Rhymes allegedly hit his former driver, Eddie Hatchett
    Is there a link? Just like a celeb to get off easy and not have to face stuff that the rest of us does.

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    Is there a link? Just like a celeb to get off easy and not have to face stuff that the rest of us does.
    Whoops! Forgot the link, lol, sorry. Here it is:

http://www.nypost.com/seven/01232008...jail_50059.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post

The Pros must not have wanted him to do a year in jail very bad or that is where he would be. What is with this 10 days community service.....TEN DAYS!!!!!!! Talk about kissing this guys butt.

It always amazes me how stars (well it seems like to me) can get deals cut verses the average joe.

This case popped into my head as I was reading this thread.
    She got 30 days, I remember it well and wasn't an accident.
    Got a deal cut.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...913974,00.html

I'm guessing the "assault charges" were brought down to "harassment" to be a misdemeanor.