1104 users online (171 members and 933 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I wonder why there has been no mention of Maria selling her car in the media? Initially, it should have been reported because it was a possible connection to her abductor or reason she was missing. Has anyone checked the local papers or the military paper for an ad?
    At what point did she sell her car? Still catching up on this case...

Someone just mentioned she (Maria) had a "For Sale" sign in the car window...I personally didn't notice it. She had not sold it, to my knowledge.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

I wonder why there has been no mention of Maria possibly trying to sell her car in the media? Initially, it should have been reported because it was a possible connection to her abductor or reason she was missing. Has anyone checked the local papers or the military paper for an ad?
    What seems hinky about this supposed selling of Maria's car is that next to the FOR SALE sign there was a baby stuffed toy of some sort. I don't think Maria would have had it in the back window. Could it be possible that the toy belongs to the Laurean's daughter and it was accidentally left there by them after they drove the car to the bus stop ?

It's just an idea, bt I can't for the life of me understand how LE just left it there. I would imagine that they would want to check it out for fingerprints, dna , etc.

Barney fife indeed.

Murdered Marine's Remains Return To Ohio
    Posted: 4:04 PM Jan 25, 2008
    Last Updated: 4:04 PM Jan 25, 2008

The remains of murdered Marine Maria Lauterbach are now back with her family in Ohio.
    http://www.witntv.com/home/headlines/14398502.html

RIP Maria Lauterbach and Baby Girl. You are finally home. (sigh)
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Someone just mentioned she (Maria) had a "For Sale" sign in the car window...I personally didn't notice it. She had not sold it, to my knowledge.
    Cropped photo, printing very faint/faded
    http://i25.tinypic.com/20aupgk.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Seven View Post
    Since this group is doing their thing in response to the murder of Maria Lauterbach, they do seem to be saying that there are some murders of which God approves.

I mean, if the deaths are "God's way of punishing," that implies that God is instrumental in the deaths and, in essence, approves of them.

That's definitely not biblical, at least it's not in accordance with the New Testament.

IMHO
    good grief ... what a bunch of morons...

jmo..

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    Cropped photo, printing very faint/faded
    http://i25.tinypic.com/20aupgk.jpg
    hmm, trying to sell her car fits with buying a bus ticket & leaving....interesting..

IF Maria put that sign in the car and IF POS didn't find it and put it up after Maria had changed her mind and IF Maria made the sign BEFORE Dec 14th....

Her CAR had been vandalized and POS and his buddies knew her car. Maybe she was going to buy a DIFFERENT car while living off base and being off duty to have her baby to try and "throw off" the vandals and harrassers who seemed to be targeting her??

Maybe she wanted a BIGGER car for when she had the baby? Maybe she wanted extra money for the baby? Maybe she was planning to relocate after the baby was born and proved to be POS's and was going to buy a different car at the new location?

It could be a DOZEN logical thing having NOTHING to do with her death or bus tickets or money or running away.

My Opinion

Maria was not trying to sell her car. No way! She needed that car she was about to be a mommy & she moved off base she was in no situation to be selling a car at that time. Cesar and Christina were trying to sell that car so they could have Maria fund even more of her murder and Cesars escape!

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    Maria was not trying to sell her car. No way! She needed that car she was about to be a mommy & she moved off base she was in no situation to be selling a car at that time. Cesar and Christina were trying to sell that car so they could have Maria fund even more of her murder and Cesars escape!
    I wish we could see the phone # on that sign so we could corroborate if it is the POS number or Maria's #.

Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    I thought someone on another thread, a good while back, said that it was finger-printing dust. If the car has been out in the elements after the dusting, it could have ran, making it look splashed on there. Mind you, I am not aware if what such finger printing dust looks like nowadays, but I remember someone saying that is what it was on the car.
    I remember reading that too. I'm pretty sure it is finger print powder.

Quote Originally Posted by close_enough View Post
    hmm, trying to sell her car fits with buying a bus ticket & leaving....interesting..
    It does fit with buying a bus ticket and leaving.

Whether Maria OR CL put the "For Sale" sign in the car window that the sign was there is another reason LE and the Marines thought Maria left on her own.

Maybe CL gave Maria the stuffed toy as a present for "the baby" to put her guard down.

Unless CL was dropped off at Maria's house, she had to have driven to "his" place. Neither Maria's car or CL's car was around when the Durham got home. There would have to be an accomplice for car retrieving before Durham got home, too.

IMO

Greta needs to ask questions about the sign and the stuffed animal to LE.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    How could CL and his wife legally sell Maria's car? She was probably making payments and didn't even have the title to it.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast