1118 users online (225 members and 893 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    [QUOTE=Ticamom;1936077]
    Quote Originally Posted by gardenmom View Post
    Robbery with a dangerous weapon??? Can this mean that he forced her to use the ATM, or went to her home and made her write the note?[/QUOTE

That's exactly what I thought of when I heard that charge. I have always suspected that Maria was abducted or coerced into going to his house, etc.
    I wonder what evidence they have for the robbery charge? Yay, pile on the charges.

Coerced into going to his house - there probably would have been a kidnapping charge if they had evidence of that.

I just wonder how he ended up at the ATM with her to begin with? And why did he want her money?

would fraud charge be impersonating her to buy a bus ticket, or write a note under her name? I'm unclear what the fraud charge would be.

Like I said before LE will only tell us what they want us to know..little by little we are finding out that we don't know the half of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    Like I said before LE will only tell us what they want us to know..little by little we are finding out that we don't know the half of it.
    This is the post of the day. Correct!

I just wonder how he ended up at the ATM with her to begin with? And why did he want her money?
    I haven't seen anything re timelines, as to what time he got off work that day. Has anyone else? It would help in trying to determine whether they were together before the ATM transaction, or whether they met at the bank, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by DEPUTYDAWG View Post
    I haven't seen anything re timelines, as to what time he got off work that day. Has anyone else? It would help in trying to determine whether they were together before the ATM transaction, or whether they met at the bank, etc.
    It was mentioned that he left at noon. Also, if it was a minimum day for both of them they may have met up earlier somewhere, then to the ATM???

My guess if he was with her at the BofA ATM, they went from there and she purchased the bus ticket with some of the money.

Well, he knew she wouldn't be needing it where she was going... Why let all that payday money go to waste?

[quote=DEPUTYDAWG;1936250]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ticamom View Post

I wonder what evidence they have for the robbery charge? Yay, pile on the charges.
    On Christmas Eve, 10 days after authorities believe Lauterbach was killed, a male removed cash from the Marine Federal Credit Union automatic teller machine in the Bojangles parking lot at Gum Branch Road and Western Boulevard - 3.28 miles from Laurean's home.

Sutherland said the Sheriff's Department is sure that the person was Laurean and the charges of bank card theft and obtaining property by false pretense stem from the Dec. 24 withdrawal.

http://www.enctoday.com/news/laurean_54537_jdn__article.html/lauterbach_sutherland.html

Wow! In the interview I heard later...I must have been confused about what Hudson said. I could have sworn I heard him say that it was because of the use of a "weapon" that they termed it like (his words not mine) an "armed robbery". I took this to mean the crowbar and him killing her...then using her ATM later. Now I see that might not be the case since Suzi posted this:

Hudson said the grand jury also charged Laurean with robbery with a dangerous weapon and a charge involving an unauthorized financial transaction involving card theft. The indictment states Laurean forced Lauterbach to remove money from her bank account Dec. 14, the same day authorities believe he killed her.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325188,00.html
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Snipped from SS's link directly above:

"Hudson said the grand jury also charged Laurean with robbery with a dangerous weapon and a charge involving an unauthorized financial transaction involving card theft. The indictment states Laurean forced Lauterbach to remove money from her bank account Dec. 14, the same day authorities believe he killed her."

So that is the first day. Robbery with a dangerous weapon. The money was obtained.

Then, regarding the 12/24 attempt (so, NOT successful):

"Laurean is also accused of trying to use Lauterbach's ATM card on Christmas Eve, and was charged with attempted card fraud and obtaining property by false pretenses."

Why wasn't the 12/24 attempt successful? He didn't have her ATM password? But he thought he did or was trying? Just thinking outloud.

Well, this is frustrating.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2347267/

From the link:

"An autopsy determined that Lauterbach died of blunt force trauma to the head. Investigators said they believe they have recovered the weapon used in the slaying, but they haven't disclosed what it is.

The indictments allege that Laurean used a blunt object to steal money and an ATM card from Lauterbach."

Note, that could even be after she drove to his house, at the scene of the murder? A few people have been speculating that CL was standing next to her or near her at the ATM machine. Maybe not? (Because if that were the case, there might have been kidnapping charges, if he were coercing her to/from a car, etc. against her will.)

Next:

"Authorities last week released a photo taken at an ATM in Jacksonville on Christmas Eve – about 10 days after Lauterbach was killed – that shows a man they believe to be Laurean using Lauterbach's card to withdraw money."

To me, that contradicts the article in the post above, which made it sound like he attempted on 12/24, but was unsuccessful. Or, at best, it's vague and doesn't state whether he was successful in obtaining her $ on the 24th. From what we've read before, supposedly he did, correct?

Grrrr.

What do y'all think?

ETA: I think I'm just going to wait to read the official documents! I'm getting so frustrated with the contradictory media articles.
    Last edited by DEPUTYDAWG; 01-25-2008 at 12:24 AM. Reason: ETA: addition

Yes, he did obtain money ($500.00) from the card on the 24th according to indictment.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Yes, he did obtain money ($500.00) from the card on the 24th according to indictment.
    Okay, thank you. I thought we've been reading that he had.
    Then I wonder what the attempted charge is from? He went to a second ATM on the same day, maybe, and couldn't withdraw any funds because her card was maxed out for daily withdrawls?

The indictment is listed under Case Documents Thread:

http://www.jdnews.com/attachments/12...ndictments.pdf
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast