1050 users online (227 members and 823 guests)  

Websleuths News

AZ - Paul L'Ecuyer, 45, killed by drunk driver, Tucson, 1 Dec 2006

Good! How cruel-hearted she was...bet she ain't laughing now.

TUCSON, Ariz. A judge sentenced a woman to nearly the maximum prison term for negligent homicide after hearing a recorded jail conversation in which she made light of the bicyclist she killed.
    Melissa Arrington, 27, was convicted two months ago of negligent homicide and two counts of aggravated DUI in connection with the December 2006 death of Paul L'Ecuyer.
    She could have gotten as few as four years behind bars, but Superior Court Judge Michael Cruikshank sentenced her Tuesday to 10 1/2 years one year shy of the maximum.
    Cruikshank said he found a telephone conversation between Arrington and an unknown male friend, a week after L'Ecuyer was killed, to be "breathtaking in its inhumanity."
    During the conversation, the man told Arrington that an acquaintance believed she should get a medal and a parade because she had "taken out" a "tree hugger, a bicyclist, a Frenchman and a gay guy all in one shot."
    Arrington laughed. When the man said he knew it was a terrible thing to say, she responded, "No, it's not."
    Assistant Public Defender Michael Rosenbluth told the judge his client has never been "cold, callous or flippant" about L'Ecuyer's death and has always felt remorseful.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325146,00.html

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    Good! How cruel-hearted she was...bet she ain't laughing now.

TUCSON, Ariz. A judge sentenced a woman to nearly the maximum prison term for negligent homicide after hearing a recorded jail conversation in which she made light of the bicyclist she killed.
    Melissa Arrington, 27, was convicted two months ago of negligent homicide and two counts of aggravated DUI in connection with the December 2006 death of Paul L'Ecuyer.
    She could have gotten as few as four years behind bars, but Superior Court Judge Michael Cruikshank sentenced her Tuesday to 10 1/2 years one year shy of the maximum.
    Cruikshank said he found a telephone conversation between Arrington and an unknown male friend, a week after L'Ecuyer was killed, to be "breathtaking in its inhumanity."
    During the conversation, the man told Arrington that an acquaintance believed she should get a medal and a parade because she had "taken out" a "tree hugger, a bicyclist, a Frenchman and a gay guy all in one shot."
    Arrington laughed. When the man said he knew it was a terrible thing to say, she responded, "No, it's not."
    Assistant Public Defender Michael Rosenbluth told the judge his client has never been "cold, callous or flippant" about L'Ecuyer's death and has always felt remorseful.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,325146,00.html

HA! good, she deserves it!

You'd think she would've gotten the max term since she was driving on a suspended license for a previous DUI when she killed the biker.

And I'm sure she's not laughing now.

I wonder if she would have laughed had this happened to a member of her family? I'm glad the judge gave her a stiff sentence.

She deserves evey minute she gets.

Why not the maximum sentence?

who wants her back in society?

Wow.. she should be behind bars for life. If I ever was out drinking & driving and I killed someone the guilt alone would eat me up to the point of suicide probably. What a evil cold hearted...

I guess they meant it when they told her "Anything you say can and WILL be used against you..."

What a waste of a life.

Someone needs to slap her