715 users online (105 members and 610 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - MAN BEATEN IN JAIL SEEKS 47 Million Dollars

A man who was arrested by Orange County deputies was stripped of his pants, strapped to a chair, Tasered repeatedly while in handcuffs and slammed to the floor with a knee to his head, a newly released videotape shows.
    The 13-minute video, given to The Associated Press on Wednesday by the man's attorney, was taken in March 2006 after Matthew Fleuret was arrested during a barroom brawl in San Clemente.
    His attorney, Stephen Bernard, has filed a $47 million lawsuit against the county, and recently obtained the grainy footage during preparation for the trial. The tape begins with silent, black-and-white footage from a stationary security camera and then moves to colored footage with audio taken by a sheriff's deputy using a handheld video recorder.

MORE AT LINK AS WELL AS THE ACTUAL VIDEO

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...TAM&SECTION=US

Give him the money...

Cha-ching

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    Cha-ching
    I foresee an out-of-court settlement. Everyone keeps their job. Nothing will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    Cha-ching
    Money too long can't stash it.

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Give him the money...
    Ditto.
    How about give him the money and charge the officers with assault and battery?

47 million seems a bit excessive doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chloekins View Post
    47 million seems a bit excessive doesn't it?
    What would getting your arse kicked for no good reason by people who were supposed to be serving and protecting you be worth to you???

They are asking for so much because they want punitive damages to be awarded. Huge money damages is civil law's way of spanking groups that use their power to act like marauding psychopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    What would getting your arse kicked for no good reason by people who were supposed to be serving and protecting you be worth to you???

They are asking for so much because they want punitive damages to be awarded. Huge money damages is civil law's way of spanking groups that use their power to act like marauding psychopaths.
    I would want a lot of money, but 47 million? I guess its just me. It seems like they picked a number that would get the most reaction out the general public. I cant imagine anything that is worth that amount of money.

I would want a lot of money, but 47 million? I guess its just me. It seems like they picked a number that would get the most reaction out the general public. I cant imagine anything that is worth that amount of money.
    That's exactly what they did because they want people's attention to be drawn to this reprehensible behavior! Not a bad strategy.

Wow, these officers are sadistic. They need to be fired, they set a bad example for others.

Were the officers even placed on PAID leave? They should have been fired on the spot. A deputy sheriff took the colored video? That's interesting.

Actually, it served the purpose of not only drawing attention to the case, but to get people to look at the video to "value" the abuse, right? I would admire this far more if they refuse to buckle to a settlement and demand a trial that includes full disclosure. Otherwise, like another poster said, there is a gag order imposed with a settlement and nothing changes.

If it were my son, I'd think his safety was worth that amount of money - and more.

He still can't buy this...
    The world's most expensive home $135 million

The Hala Ranch mansion, set on a 95-acre estate in Aspen, Colorado, is bigger than the White House.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast