GUILTY IL - Anne Treonis-Bowen, 42, slain in contract killing, Chicago, 5 March 2004

kpass

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Last week in my neighborhood, a woman was found dead in a parking lot near the train station where she parked her car every morning & took the train to work, she was a lawyer. She was in the process of a divorce, & has 2 little girls, 4 & 6...very sad. Needless to say, suspicion was on the husband from the very beginning, he's pretty well known in the area & most people said "he'd NEVER do a thing like that, he's such a nice guy, etc." It's unreal how the story unraveled. Well, here's the story:

WMAQ-TV
Updated: 11:11 a.m. ET March 15, 2004

8:39 a.m. CST March 15, 2004 - Prosecutors have charged a Chicago man with first-degree murder in the execution-style shooting of a lawyer for the
Illinois Liquor Control Commission and say the killing appears to have been
a murder for hire.

Details Emerge About Woman Shot In CTA Parking Lot

Dennis M. McArdle (pictured, left), 42, was being held without bond Monday
in the killing of Anne Treonis-Bowen, also 42. Treonis-Bowen's family
members said McArdle is a friend of Dennis Bowen, Treonis-Bowen's estranged
husband. NBC5 reported that Bowen was also questioned in the death but not
charged.

THERE WAS NO LINK FOR THIS ARTICLE, BUT I HAD TO SHORTEN IT. KPASS, PLEASE ALWAYS PROVIDE A LINK FOR ANY ARTICLES THAT YOU ARE COPYING FROM AND NEVER COPY AND PASTE AN ENTIRE ARTICLE ON WS. PLEASE REFER TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS

http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/cst-nws-hit16.html

Family friend says he got $100 to kill woman
March 16, 2004

BY ANNIE SWEENEY AND STEFANO ESPOSITO Staff Reporters Advertisement

A Canaryville man who allegedly shot and killed a Chicago attorney, the estranged wife of his longtime friend, told investigators he was paid $100 for the hit, a source said.

He later wore a wire to try to implicate the person who hired him, the source said.

Dennis M. McArdle, 42, was ordered held without bail over the weekend for the murder of Anne Treonis-Bowen, a mother of two who was shot in the head March 5 in a CTA parking lot near Midway Airport.

McArdle and another person allegedly hatched the plan to kill Treonis-Bowen and went to a bar on South Pulaski to buy a gun for $500. McArdle then murdered Treonis-Bowen for $100 cash and the promise of more money, a source close to the investigation said.

After the shooting, McArdle allegedly dumped the gun in a sewer and took Treonis-Bowen's purse to an apartment at 1006 W. 31st, the source said.

John T. Bivins Jr., the landlord there, said McArdle had recently agreed to move into the apartment. Last Thursday, Bivins' dog, Snuffy, became agitated near McArdle's door and when Bivins checked on the dog, he found Treonis-Bowen's purse and identification.

SEE THE LINK FOR THE ENTIRE ARTICLE

So the hubby paid 100.00 to have the mother of his young children executed...

What an SOB :furious:

Casshew said:

Cass... does that double as "What a Scott-Ova-Bum"?

Seriously I cannot figure out why people kill their spouses and their kids? An awful revenge-filled rage has to be manifesting itself over a period of time beneath the veneer of 'a really nice guy', before killing becomes the only option. (Or woman).

Just makes us ask: Why, Scott? Why didn't you go for divorce? Why didn't you tell Amber/everyone the truth up front, then you wouldn't have felt forced to 'eliminate'. (JMHO, of course.) Ughhh! These stats are just far too high ~ and either because of high profile cases like OJ and ISP that we're noticing the frequency of this phenomenon ~ or it truly is on the increase.

THERE WAS NO LINK FOR THIS ARTICLE, BUT I HAD TO SHORTEN IT. KPASS, PLEASE ALWAYS PROVIDE A LINK FOR ANY ARTICLES THAT YOU ARE COPYING FROM AND NEVER COPY AND PASTE AN ENTIRE ARTICLE ON WS. PLEASE REFER TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS

Sorry, but I had no link to that article as it was emailed to me...However, I do sometimes see threads much longer than mine & didn't think it would be such a problem! :(

Casshew said:
So the hubby paid 100.00 to have the mother of his young children executed...

I guess more money was 'promised' to him later...I'm thinking maybe after the husband thought he'd be collecting the insurance money!

What a piece of crap these men are, it sickens me to no end! :banghead:

The Poor Man's Divorce is abandonment.
The Middle Class Man's Divorce is Homicide. Well, okay, thats a bit of an exaggeration.

If the courts were fairer, cheaper and easier would these murders occur? Maybe.

Sometimes a divorce is viewed as so economically inequitable that murder becomes the choice; sometimes its the desire right from the start.

Scott Peterson wanted to be the man about town driving a pickup truck; not the married man with kid driving an SUV. Sometimes thats all it takes.

LovelyPigeon said:
Hubby not charged?

As far as I know, he has not been charged...as of yet. They need more evidence HE hired the murderer. The investigation is on going, hopefully they'll get the hubby very soon!

From October 2004:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...20170_1_daniel-bowen-custody-cook-county-jail

One day after his former best friend, accused in a murder-for-hire of his wife, hanged himself in a Cook County jail cell, Dennis McArdle, the confessed contract killer, was sentenced Thursday to 35 years in prison.

McArdle, 43, admitted to killing Anne Treonis-Bowen in a CTA parking lot in March. The victim's estranged husband, Daniel Bowen, had offered McArdle $20,000 and a city job in exchange for the murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back