1128 users online (276 members and 852 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

UK - 'I decided to die like a man'

A millionaire yesterday told how he fought off three armed burglars who were holding a knife to his daughter's throat, saying he "would rather die like a man than a dog".

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Yes, to the hard working people of the world who will not allow the low lives to simply take!

Wow, what a great story!!

I feel like I'm hearing more cases like this. I think people are tired of being robbed, etc. Especially when it seems there's nothing the police do anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    I feel like I'm hearing more cases like this. I think people are tired of being robbed, etc. Especially when it seems there's nothing the police do anyway.
    Exactly. People in the Memphis, TN area are fighting back. Quite a large percentage of homicides in 2007 were attributed to home owners killing thieves, or other criminals who had broken into their homes. More people should fight back.

I think it's a lot like the 9/11 Flight 99 situation. When you finally wake up and realize that you are going to die anyway, you decide to go down fighting. Why trust a criminal--who's just broken into your home or hijacked your airplane--not to harm you if you don't resist, just because he says he won't harm you if you cooperate. What good is his word?

I think all bets are off in a home invasion situation or a hostage situation. The Petit women in Cheshire were murdered while the police were outside "setting up a perimeter". You really can't count on the police to help you in a timely fashion. And think about Flight 99 that would have been shot down by our own government, to contain the threat. I've always said that if I was ever attacked, I would fight back with all my strength. I'll probably die anyway, but I want to inflict some serious damage before I go. I would also tell the creep that I promise on everything that is holy, that I will come back from beyond to haunt the b*st*rd for the rest of his miserable days. And I'd do my best to keep that promise.

"All masked, all covered with balaclavas,"

I was picturing baklava crumbs on his shirt....

What's a balaclavas?

Michael Atkins, 25, and Dean Atkins, 26, both of no fixed address, deny murder, two counts of aggravated burglary, wounding with intent and possession of an imitation firearm with intent.
    It is claimed the two also murdered Mrs Chung the previous night after she refused to reveal the hiding place of her 218,000 life savings when they broke into her home.
    British law is so scewed. They use a fake gun to escape harsher penalties but have no problems killing....

I bet it is a good thing for this man it was a fake gun, if he shot he would likely be charged with attempted murder or murder. It happend before to a farmer, Tony Martin.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard View Post
    "All masked, all covered with balaclavas,"

I was picturing baklava crumbs on his shirt....

What's a balaclavas?
    It's a ski mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Rino View Post
    British law is so scewed. They use a fake gun to escape harsher penalties but have no problems killing....

I bet it is a good thing for this man it was a fake gun, if he shot he would likely be charged with attempted murder or murder. It happend before to a farmer, Tony Martin.
    What became of Tony Martin was an absolute travesty of justice, IMO: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_%28farmer%29