776 users online (109 members and 667 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

KY - Regina Renee Cox, 18, Somerset, 23 Aug 1997

Regina Renee Cox
    Missing since August 23, 1997 from Somerset, Pulaski County, Kentucky
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: July 10, 1979
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 18 years old
    Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2; 107-115 lbs.
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown, shoulder length hair; green eyes. Her ears are pierced. She has a light complexion.
    Marks, Scars: Scars on her right elbow and on her right wrist.
    Clothing: She was last seen wearing a tie dyed t-shirt, blue jeans, and sandals.
    AKA: Reggie

Circumstances of Disappearance

Cox was last seen leaving the parking lot of the Armed Services Recruiting Station in Somerset, Kentucky about 11:30 a.m. on August 23, 1997.

Her locked car, containing her purse, driver's license, other identification, and money, was found by her mother in the Wal-Mart Parking Lot in Somerset, across the street from the Recruiting Station, about 5:30 a.m. on August 24, 1997. The car keys were not found.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

NCIS Headquarters - Washington D.C.
    202-433-9225
    1-800-479-9685
    or
    NCIS Resident Agency - Memphis
    901-874-5387
    or
    Pulaski County Sheriff's Department
    Sheriff Todd Wood -
    Email: mailto:todd.wood@pulaskisheriff.com
    Detective Scott Trotter -
    Email: mailto:mailto:strotter@pulaskisheriff.com
    606-678-5145

NCIC Number: M-05895856/ M-051895856
    Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

NCIS Missing Persons
    Pulaski County Sheriff's Department
    North American Missing Persons Network
    WKYT 27
    The Doe Network: Case File 1824DFKY

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1824dfky.html

Ncis Link

Regina R. Cox

Sex: Female
    Race: Caucasian
    Height: 5'02"
    Weight: 110 Pounds
    Eye Color: Green
    Hair Color: Brown

Remarks: Regina Cox was last seen leaving the parking lot of the Army, Navy, Marine Corps Recruiting Station in Somerset, Kentucky, about 11:30 a.m. on August 23, 1997. Her locked car, containing her purse, driver's license, other identification, and money, was found by her mother in the Wal-Mart Parking Lot in Somerset, across the street from the Recruiting Station, about 5:30 a.m. on August 24, 1997. The car keys were not found.

Source:
    NCIS Missing Persons

LINK:

http://www.ncis.navy.mil/missing.asp

bumping this case up.

I was 13 or 14 when Regina went missing. We went to the same church, and she was friends with my sister.
    I found a similiar case online, that happened in october the same year. I never heard of the other case, but I think they're linked. They're to similiar, and they happened to close together not the be linked.
    I remember going to visit her mom, with my sister, and grandmother right after she went missing. No parent should have to go through something like this. I hope this case can be solved for the sake of her family, and for everyone that was lucky enough to have been able to know her. [/I]
    http://www.ncmec.org/missingkids/ser...archLang=en_US
    I don't remember what part of Ohio she is from, but the other case I found that happened just a few months later, was in Brooksville, Ky. Which is right next to Ohio. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooksville,_Kentucky
    Somerset is about 45 minutes from Tennessee, so who ever it was, was traveling towards Ohio atleast. If the two cases are linked.
    Last edited by concreteman; 11-09-2009 at 08:53 AM.

Possible connections...

Quote Originally Posted by concreteman View Post
    I was 13 or 14 when Regina went missing. We went to the same church, and she was friends with my sister.
    I found a similiar case online, that happened in october the same year. I never heard of the other case, but I think they're linked. They're to similiar, and they happened to close together not the be linked. ....

Welcome to Websleuths, concreteman. Thanks for posting. These two cases might very well be connected.

What more do you know about each of the missing girls and the circumstances? These short summaries are often pretty brief.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Welcome to Websleuths, concreteman. Thanks for posting. These two cases might very well be connected.

What more do you know about each of the missing girls and the circumstances? These short summaries are often pretty brief.
    The only girl I know is the one from Somerset (Regina). She went to Southwestern Highschool, and was a Jehovah's Witness. She joined the Navy, which is against their belief. I think she was in JROTC. She was from Ohio. She was kind of timid/shy. She was a very sweet girl.
    If I remember correctly, they had llamas, but that maybe was someone else. It's been 12 years ago.
    Not sure if any of this information is relevant.

NCIS website

For some reason, Regina's case is no longer listed on the NCIS website. I have made an inquiry.

Thanks Richard. She's still on the Pulaski County Sheriffs dept website.

http://www.pulaskisheriff.com/new/reginacox.htm.

NCIS reply to enquiry...

Thanks Richard. She's still on the Pulaski County Sheriffs dept website.

http://www.pulaskisheriff.com/new/reginacox.htm.
    She was at one time on the NCIS website. When I recently saw that she was no longer listed, I enquired. Here is the quick reply sent to me by NCIS:

"This investigation belongs to the Pulaski County, KY, Sheriff's Office
    (PCSO). "

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    She was at one time on the NCIS website. When I recently saw that she was no longer listed, I enquired. Here is the quick reply sent to me by NCIS:

"This investigation belongs to the Pulaski County, KY, Sheriff's Office
    (PCSO). "
    That bothers me, they're probably just going to sit on this case.

Military status?

That bothers me, they're probably just going to sit on this case.
    I wonder what her actual status with the military was when she went missing. Since NCIS had enough interest in her case to list her, I would suspect that she had already enlisted in the Navy or Marine Corps.

I know of other cases in which military men or women are simply declared deserters and it is expected that local authorities will take up the job of looking for them. I wonder if those local authorities who supposedly have this case are actually looking for her. I sincerely hope so.

Regina Cox

I live in Somerset and was 16 years old when this happened. I am now 30 and still cannot forget about Regina Cox. So many questions are left unanswered in this case. However, I do feel that the Erica Fraysure and Regina Cox cases are linked. There is also another case from Henderson County Kentucky that is similar to this. However, in the Henderson County case there was an eyewitness. The girl's name in that case is Heather Teague. Still yet, it is strange to me that the Erica Fraysure and Regina Cox cases have so many striking similarities. Both girls cars were found with all their belongings inside their cars (I.E. purses, personal items, ID's). Maybe someone can shed new light on this.

Connected Case? Erica Lee Fraysure missing 21 Oct 1997

ERICA LEE FRAYSURE
    Case Type: Endangered Missing
    DOB: May 6, 1980
    Sex: Female
    Missing Date: Oct 21, 1997
    Race: White
    Height: 5'6" (168 cm)
    Weight: 115 lbs (52 kg)
    Hair Color: Lt. Brown
    Eye Color: Blue
    Missing from: BROOKSVILLE, KY, USA
    Case Number: NCMC839572
    Circumstances: Erica's photo is shown age-progressed to 26 years. She was last seen in Brooksville, Kentucky on October 21, 1997. Her vehicle was found abandoned on an isolated road in Brooksville. Her purse, including her money and checkbook were found inside the vehicle. Her keys are missing. She has a strawberry birthmark on the back of her neck.

Source:

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

LINK:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US

Ooo, yet another brunette Cox girl missing in 1997, from an abandoned car with her personal belongings behind. Also a young adult with brown hair, light colored eyes. With such a distance, I'm doubtful they're related, but... it's worth mentioning.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/cox_kelli.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast