Missing Cat Found in Owner's Suitcase

Gina_M

Reaction score
Website
www.findmywayhome.org

Levy tore the house apart looking for the 10-month-old tabby who had been spayed just days before. She and her dad took out bathroom tiles and part of a cabinet to check a crawl space and papered the neighborhood with "lost cat" signs.

Rob Carter, of Fort Worth, told The Dallas Morning News for its online edition Tuesday that he made it home with the suitcase.
"I went to unpack and saw some of the clothes and saw it wasn't my suitcase," Carter said. "I was going to close it, and a kitten jumped out and ran under the bed. I screamed like a little girl."

More at link:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iqJU6e-wuoYVtsJI4tbq_GDfF4cgD8UBBCL00

That's such a sweet story. :) Those kittens can just curl up and sleep anywhere!

That's such a sweet story. :) Those kittens can just curl up and sleep anywhere!

Just gotta tell you about Fred, our cat.

My husband and I couldn't find Fred, despite searching the entire house and outside for several hours. I finally gave up and went to bed, but my husband stayed in the living room to read another chapter of his book. As he read, he heard a faint meow, looked around, and there was Fred, his cute face pressed against the inside glass at the bottom of the grandfather clock which I had wound hours before.

"I was going to close it, and a kitten jumped out and ran under the bed. I screamed like a little girl."

Cute story with a happy ending, but that one line tickled my funnybone. I probably would have screamed, too... screamed, jumped on the bed, scared to death. LoL

"If I couldn't have found a good home, I would have kept it," he said. "We were going to name it Suitcase."

:D :D

Great story. Rob Carter sounds like a cool guy. :) I'm so glad the kitty is safe... travelling home in style... LOL.

I love stories like this. It makes me happy to see people that love animals as much as me.

It is such a feel good story, the cat must have been scared out of its wits, but everything turned out well and the cat safely returned to its owners.

Its lovely to hear a story like this as opposed to the stories in "up to the minute" or "crimes in the news".

I would love to read more in this thread but unfortunately there seems to be more bad news than good. But thats life.

Shazza,
I understand how you feel. I come to this "News That Makes You Smile" thread, because I wanna hear some good news! Too bad there's not more of it!

Such a cute story, and i wonderful man for returning it to the owners!!

Levy tore the house apart looking for the 10-month-old tabby who had been spayed just days before. She and her dad took out bathroom tiles and part of a cabinet to check a crawl space and papered the neighborhood with "lost cat" signs.

Rob Carter, of Fort Worth, told The Dallas Morning News for its online edition Tuesday that he made it home with the suitcase.
"I went to unpack and saw some of the clothes and saw it wasn't my suitcase," Carter said. "I was going to close it, and a kitten jumped out and ran under the bed. I screamed like a little girl."

More at link:

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iqJU6e-wuoYVtsJI4tbq_GDfF4cgD8UBBCL00
Thanks for posting this here ~ it does make me smile that she survived the trip in the suitcase and seems to be fine! :)

So cute! Reminds me of my kitten, Izzy.

That's disheartening that airport security didn't notice the cat on the x-rays, though.

So cute! Reminds me of my kitten, Izzy.

That's disheartening that airport security didn't notice the cat on the x-rays, though.

I think that's disheartening too. :( Aren't they supposed to really scrutinize the images on those monitors.

Maybe they saw it and thought it was a stuffed animal. :confused:

LOL, they were going to name the cat "Suitcase" if they couldn't locate the owner.

What a great story. Definitely, this Rob Carter guy sounds like a great person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back