981 users online (170 members and 811 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 436
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Knightsbridge
    Posts
    16,856

    Human Remains/Blue Barrel

    Reported today - found on the SW side of Chicago near the shipping canal. A blue container with human remains found near the container.


    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=5914962

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,769
    Quote Originally Posted by raisincharlie View Post
    Reported today - found on the SW side of Chicago near the shipping canal. A blue container with human remains found near the container.


    http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=5914962
    Possible body parts in icy water and snow would decay slowly. Stated that this area in Chicago is near Bollingbrook.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Knightsbridge
    Posts
    16,856
    Quote Originally Posted by KR2tonenow View Post
    Possible body parts in icy water and snow would decay slowly. Stated that this area in Chicago is near Bollingbrook.
    Looks to be within 25 miles or less.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    The article said this was reported by Lyon police. Lyon is about 30 miles away, with a major highway or two connecting them....

    This could be feasible.

    Thanks, RC.

    Correction: The inspector worked for Lyon. The area is apparently in Chicago, not Lyon.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,769
    Quote Originally Posted by raisincharlie View Post
    Looks to be within 25 miles or less.
    Yep...cross our fingers. Poor Stacey.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Knightsbridge
    Posts
    16,856
    Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    The article said this was reported by Lyon police. Lyon is about 30 miles away, with a major highway or two connecting them....

    This could be feasible.

    Thanks, RC.
    No problem - hope you are wll sweetie

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    23,796
    The wording is pretty vague. I wonder if it was found in the field or at water's edge? I wonder if the area had flooded at some point since Oct?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Knightsbridge
    Posts
    16,856
    Greta is following it - for some reason she is getting info that indicates it is probably not Stacy:

    http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/01...etersons-body/

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    324
    Apparently the remains were found by a Lyon's environmental inspector - but in Chicago - looked on a map ... it's just east of Pulaski - and north of I-55. It's right along the river ...

    Of course Bolingbrook is a straight shot up I-55... (I-55 is also known as the Stevenson)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    I hope all is well with you too, RC! Seems we both like waiting around for justice to be served in certain cases.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Quote Originally Posted by raisincharlie View Post
    Greta is following it - for some reason she is getting info that indicates it is probably not Stacy:

    http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/01...etersons-body/
    Thanks raisincharlie Nancy's show is on now and she's going to cover the finding also. Somehow I trust Greta's reporting more though!
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo


  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Wasn't this area searched near the ship canal?
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,394
    What are the odds that another woman's remains are in a blue barrel? Did someone get the idea from good ol' Drew? Sad to think that there is someone else like this out there...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,103
    How could they even guess one way or the other at this point whether it is Stacy or not?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicRose99 View Post
    What are the odds that another woman's remains are in a blue barrel? Did someone get the idea from good ol' Drew? Sad to think that there is someone else like this out there...
    Nancy's saying the remains are near a blue barrel, frozen in the ice. I wonder what information Greta has? Brodsky's on Nancy's show now via phone absolutely stating that this isn't Stacy.
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo


Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Identified! VA - Vinton, Human Remains in barrel, May'16 - Betty Wozniak
    By ElemenohP in forum Identified!
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-04-2016, 08:53 PM
  2. National Enquirer: The witness and the blue barrel
    By Bullwinkle in forum Stacy Peterson
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-29-2012, 10:08 AM
  3. The Blue Barrel in the Bedroom? #3
    By CW in forum Stacy Peterson
    Replies: 353
    Last Post: 05-23-2009, 10:11 PM
  4. The Blue Barrel in the Bedroom? #2
    By CW in forum Stacy Peterson
    Replies: 405
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 03:28 AM
  5. The Blue Barrel in the Bedroom? #1
    By Camper in forum Stacy Peterson
    Replies: 394
    Last Post: 11-27-2007, 06:23 PM