GUILTY GA - Aiden Waller, 10 mos, in critical condition, mom to blame

Taximom

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.wtoctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=7771814&nav=0qq5INYR
10-Month-Old in Critical Condition, Deputies Say Mother is to Blame
Posted:var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Jan24, 2008 10:27 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date); Jan 24, 2008 10:27 PM EST
Updated:var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Jan25, 2008 8:42 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date); Jan 25, 2008 08:42 PM EST
EFFINGHAM COUNTY, GA (WTOC) - A 10-month-old baby boy is holding on for dear life at Memorial University Medical Center and deputies have charged the child's mother with aggravated assault, aggravated battery and cruelty to a child in the 1st and 2nd Degree. (more at link w/pics and video)

Mom has pled guilty to abuse before:
http://www.wtoc.com/global/story.asp?s=7777404
EFFINGHAM CO., GA--A child's onesy sewn into a crib sheet; yarn, which appeared to be used to strap down a baby's legs and duct tape all found inside the home of a little boy who's story touched many people's hearts.
10-month-old Aiden Waller is fighting for his life at Memorial Health after deputies say his mother, 19-year-old Tina Richards, abused him. However, this isn't the first time deputies have been called to check out Aiden for abuse. (more plus pics of the bruised baby at link) :( :(

I hope that *itch is never allowed near that precious child again ... assuming he survives this abuse. :(

Reactions: abr
This is so sad. What a little cutie. I will never understand how anyone can abuse a little baby, or any child for that matter.

So sweet and innocent.

Hopefully, some heads are going to roll on this one. Hopefully the welfare worker who returned him to his mom.

Horrible, just horrible,:(
fran

I'm so sick of this $xxt! Mom abuses baby, baby taken away, mom given baby back, mom abuses baby again, only this time she almost kills him. Lock this Xitch up, if Judge would have given her 5 years in prison the first time, instead of 5 years probation this never would have happened! I hope the social worker who gave Aiden back to mom, loses her job. How many more precious children are going to suffer or be murdered because of poor judgment on authorities part? Poor sweet baby.

http://www.myspace.com/aidenwaller

I seen this little baby on myspace and just wanted to let everyone know he is out of ICU and doing better. Still pray he comes home soon without any permanent damage. Get well soon Aiden.

Aww, that's such good news. Thanks for the update, imthemom.

I hope they will look into why this child was returned to his mother so quickly after what appears to have been a serious assault on the child in late July. Georgia DFACS did a really poor job on this case and a baby nearly died. Somebody in that agency needs to be made to answer for that.

Aww, that's such good news. Thanks for the update, imthemom.
It's great news that he's doing better. But who is this person who is asking for "cash only" (click here) donations??? Sounds like someone trying to make a quick buck off of a child's misery, to me.

I also applaud Aiden's grandmother for trying to get her grandson out of that abusive situation. As for DFS? Or CPS (child protective services)? What a joke. I hope they fire the idiot who returned that precious child to the arms of his abusive mother. In fact, I personally, wish these idiots could be criminally charged for dereliction of duty. But hey, that's jmo.

From Taximom's link:
Then around Christmas Eve 2007 Kellam says a social worker gave Aiden back to Richards.

The social worker should be fired.
The baby is precious. How sad to see his little face bruised around his eye. May he heal and be taken away from the who injured him.

As a former protective social worker, I feel an investigation needs to be done into exactly how a seriously abused infant when home in less than six months. Just firing the worker is the easy answer, but it may not prevent this from happening again.

I have been ordered to return children when I didn't feel they needed to be returned to the bio-parent or to place them with questionable other relatives several times.... it isn't always the worker's fault. Sometimes that decision comes from a combination of a judge, a lay-person committee (called a foster care review board in my state) and from a group of administrators in the state office. Sometimes the better judgment of workers is overruled. I ended up having to remove all but one of the children I was forced to return a second time. One child was removed by the coroner as a result. It does happen :furious:

Of those that went to questionable placement, several were physically or sexually abused, three committed suicide, and many ran away. I had to remove others. The few that stayed are now adults and I see their names in the 'who's in jail' list in our local paper frequently.

As a former protective social worker, I feel an investigation needs to be done into exactly how a seriously abused infant when home in less than six months. Just firing the worker is the easy answer, but it may not prevent this from happening again.

I have been ordered to return children when I didn't feel they needed to be returned to the bio-parent or to place them with questionable other relatives several times.... it isn't always the worker's fault. Sometimes that decision comes from a combination of a judge, a lay-person committee (called a foster care review board in my state) and from a group of administrators in the state office. Sometimes the better judgment of workers is overruled. I ended up having to remove all but one of the children I was forced to return a second time. One child was removed by the coroner as a result. It does happen :furious:

Of those that went to questionable placement, several were physically or sexually abused, three committed suicide, and many ran away. I had to remove others. The few that stayed are now adults and I see their names in the 'who's in jail' list in our local paper frequently.
Thank you for the reminder that the decision to return the child to an abusive envrion is not necessarily the SW's choice. I wish something could really be done about CPS, bc imho, it is very broken.

What a handsome little boy! My son just turned 9 months old. They are so funny at this age.

May that woman rot in hell for what she has done to her son. But I have to congratulate the grandma for trying to protect her grandson. Prayers for this beautiful little boy.

Jeez, you would have to wonder where she got her evil streak from since her own MOTHER is willing to take her to task. I am sure lots of people in Grandma's position would do the same, only would probably try to keep it private and not talk to the media.

YAY grandma!!!

i wish this didn't have to happen... he's such a defenseless little cutie. I hope he's going to be ok.

Thanks for the link. My heart breaks for this child and the rest of the family.

Oh No she didnt!
I wonder just how pregnant this beast is. Could it be she will go give birth in the same hospital while Aiden is recovering :eek:
Well I vote she gets no pain relief for the labor, her tubes get snatched out and she is sewn shut with a damn ..rusty crochet hook!
Well that and prison of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998