797 users online (80 members and 717 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10
    Sheriff: Intern tried to sell criminal case files

An intern at a North Carolina district attorney's office was arrested Friday after investigators said he offered to sell confidential documents in a high-profile case of a slain pregnant Marine for an "astronomical" fee to an undercover agent.

Robert Paul Sharpe, 33, of Jacksonville was charged with embezzlement and misdemeanor larceny for taking files in the murder case against Marine Cpl. Cesar Laurean, who is accused of killing Lance Cpl. Maria Lauterbach and burying her burned body in his backyard.

http://www.fayobserver.com/article_ap?id=127969

Quote Originally Posted by Tom'sGirl View Post
    Oh man, that was so much better watching that, thanks a bunch SB.

<snipped>

Anyway, after hearing the good video, Sheriff Brown make it pretty clear it wasn't LK who was doing the bragging of facts over at OTC, it just happened to be LK's blog. Since I haven't followed the blog closely for a long time I'm not sure who the poster was????
    Marine4400 is the poster who stated that he had read the medical records among other things.

He started posting sometime the beginning of this month and his last post was on 8/11. They are still there, look under Lauterbach case update and Mary Lauterbach testifies. Under the Mary Lauterbach testifies, his posts are down towards the bottom of all the 600+ posts.
    Last edited by Sandybeaches; 08-15-2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: correcting spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by Sandybeaches View Post
    Marine4400 is the poster who stated that he had read the medical records among other things.

He started posting sometime the beginning of this month and his last post was on 8/11. They are still there, look under Lauterbach case update and Mary Lauterbach testifies. Under the Mary Lauterbach testifies, his posts are down towards the bottom of all the 600+ posts.
    Sorry, I should have come back here and let you know I read the posts in question.

The poster didn't say much more than what LK had said a long way back, and that was that the child wasn't Cesars.

I wonder when Cesar will be extradited back to North Carolina? At this rate, he will die of old age before the trial!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Still waiting gor an update for when Cesar will be extradited back to North Carolina for prosecution! Is Hudson not even giving anyone a ballpark idea of when this may happen?
    What is taking so long?

I will NEVER forget Maria and baby Gabriel!

I haven't seen or heard anything at all lately either, LaLaw!
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

It appears Laurean may be returning shortly :

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3530721/

Jacksonville, N.C. — A judge in Mexico has ruled that a Camp Lejeune Marine charged with killing a pregnant comrade will be returned to North Carolina as early as next week, the Onslow County Sheriff's Office said Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    I haven't seen or heard anything at all lately either, LaLaw!
    panthera!

Aren't the articles great news? Cesar may be back very soon according to the articles!!!

FINALLY!

I found this article interesting and the event to be a very good idea. Something is going on in the military, good to see someone trying to bring it to the front.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/3694552/

Laurean fighting extradition

Laurean fighting extradition
    Jacksonville Daily News - Jacksonville,NC,USA
    October 10, 2008 - 7:21PM

~Snips

~ Cesar Laurean is fighting extradition to the United States, his lawyer said.

Jacksonville attorney Dick McNeil said his client has filed an extradition appeal in a Mexican court.

~ A Mexican judge ruled in September that Laurean should be extradited. At that time, Onslow County Sheriff Ed Brown announced Laurean's return could be as early as the following week. Local prosecutors expected his return to be sometime in mid-October, but now say the wait could be more than a year.

~ Hudson said now U.S. authorities will have to wait and see whether a higher court will agree with the original extradition ruling or Laurean's appeal.

~ However, Ciccarelli told The Daily News on Friday that if the extradition process drags on, NCIS will consider serving a search warrant through Mexican authorities to get a DNA sample from Laurean.

"We need to get this critical investigative step taken care of," Ciccarelli said of the paternity test

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10