1146 users online (216 members and 930 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Horrible Accident by John Travolta's Home

5 Teenagers where killed in a horrible care accident on the runway near Travolta's Ocala,Fl Home.

http://www.ocala.com/article/2008012.../BREAKING_NEWS

http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/26/five-p...ravoltas-home/
    Those who believe absurdities will commit atrocities ~ Voltaire

I did not know that Travolta had a place in Ocala..
    I use to live near there...

My question would be WHY?????
    I hated Ocala.

OMGosh, they were airborne in their car for 200 ft. That's so sad. There had to be drugs or alcohol involved...or maybe just the testosterone of 5 boys.

I can't help but think of Tom Cruise talking about how Scientologists are the only ones that can help with accidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    I did not know that Travolta had a place in Ocala..
    I use to live near there...

My question would be WHY?????
    I hated Ocala.
    I believe he keeps more than one plane there and likes to be near them, that's why.

Yes, here you go: the reason why John Travolta lives where he lives: http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_nov20...olta_House.htm

Following a lifelong love of aviation, 70's TV phenom actor John Travolta now lives in Jumbolair, just north of Ocala, Florida. Shown are two of Travolta's jets - a Gulfstream and a Boeing 707B - there aren't very many non-commercial airstrips where planes of that size can take off and land. About a decade ago, Travolta had a home in a fly-in community near Daytona, but was sued by neighbours who claimed his jet airplanes were too big and noisy for their facility.

I feel so bad for these young men and their families, such a terrible accident.

I feel sorry for them too, but it sounds to me like the driver knew what he was doing. Do you call that an accident?

(That's not directed at you, paddy.)

What if they had some type of suicide pact? Or is it just boys being boys? Although at their ages I should probably call them men.

ohh goodness how sad

I briefly saw part of this news article earlier, but didn't read it all until now.

My heart is just breaking thinking of those 5 precious young men and their families.

I yelled for my hubby so I could read to him what the article said, and then we both looked at the mirror that is attached to our son's dresser in his room (the computer is located there now since he left home for college) and we both thought, but there for the Grace of God it could have been any of them.

My PRAYERS are with the families.

Heartbreaking.

http://www.ocala.com/article/2008012...0355/1025/NEWS
    Fiery crash kills 5 young men
    Troopers suspect alcohol played a role in tragedy

All five were pronounced dead at the scene after an apparent high-speed crash that investigators say likely involved alcohol.

Ammirato was driving his father's gray 2008 BMW M5 sedan. The $80,000 car, registered to Santo Ammirato, was traveling north on the 1.5-mile-long airstrip that actor John Travolta and others regularly use to fly in and out of Ocala.

Florida Highway Patrol Capt. Jeff Succi said there were yaw, or sideways, skid marks at the end of the runway, indicating the car turned sideways before launching over an embankment. It then sailed through the air about 200 feet before slamming into a large tree and bursting into flames.
    (more plus pic at link)

This is very sad. Kids just do not know the dangers in life, do they? I can remember the stupid things that we did as teens. I was involved in three car accidents where the cars were totaled. I was very fortunate that I was not hurt or killed. Several of my friends and acquaitenances were not so lucky.

Such a loss & tragedy......totally heartbreaking for the entire communinty.

Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    Yes, here you go: the reason why John Travolta lives where he lives: http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_nov20...olta_House.htm

Following a lifelong love of aviation, 70's TV phenom actor John Travolta now lives in Jumbolair, just north of Ocala, Florida. Shown are two of Travolta's jets - a Gulfstream and a Boeing 707B - there aren't very many non-commercial airstrips where planes of that size can take off and land. About a decade ago, Travolta had a home in a fly-in community near Daytona, but was sued by neighbours who claimed his jet airplanes were too big and noisy for their facility.

Thanks!! I just think there are so many nicer places in Florida with airstrips!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast