GUILTY PA - Alayiah Turman, 17 mos, beaten to death, Philadelphia, 7 Sept 2006

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
This is a trial going on in Philly right now. I just read about the confession and decided to post it. Sorry for yet another awful, awful case to be posting. Anwar Salahuddin told cops he popped little 17 month old Alayiah Turman in the face because she knocked over his brother's XBox. Salahuddin was minding his daughter in an upstairs front bedroom while her mom rested in the back room while six months pregnant. They even called in a witness from a video store to counterclaim that indeed a breakaway cord doesn't work every single time and indeed the game could have been knocked over. Why that matters I'm not sure because he killed this baby.http://www.philly.com/dailynews/loc...ld_cops__I_popped_her_in_the_face_______.html

Sorry, mom Mia Turman was eight months pregnant. Salahuddin did in court say that Mia the mom had absolutely nothing to do with this.

Yeah, kill the baby because the xbox is worth more than she is. :behindbar

I'm sick of it. make people have a license in order to procreate! :furious: :furious: :furious:

These stories are way to common and there doesnt seen to be a way to stop them.......we have lots of these stories down here aswell..

WTH!?!?!?!?!?!?! How appalling.... she was a baby... babies are known to knock things over as they slowly try to gain their coordination. What a... *thinks about the unkind, offensive and unsavory words that I so want to call this man*

Let him rot... put him under the prison.

That poor baby! That must have been so scary.

What a freakin JERK!!!
MY god he should have been watching the baby not focusing on some stupid video game...

Filly the testimony about the Xbox's break away cord was because the "father" is now recanting his confession and saying the mom did this.
His brother ( the owner of the xbox) claimed that the break away cord would have pulled apart and therefore the xbox would not have fallen... I guess trying to show that his brother made up the story to protect the mom...
The expert refuted that by explaining that the break away cord is not always failsafe.

This is soooo stupid!! I mean an x box does not cost 600$ or anywhere close to that..
IMO the father was not angry because it was his brothers xbox ....he was angry because it interrupted his game .... can we all say A$$hole??

Who cares about an xbox...is this guy totally nuts? Well, yes, he is.

That poor baby girl! I just don't understand people. It seems babies have become disposable.

Anwar apparently didn't make his name change legal. From March 2008:

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/16677731.html

Philadelphia prosecutors say 27-year-old Tyrone Spellman killed Alayiah Turman in September 2006 with at least five blows to the head when she pulled down his Xbox console...

Spellman was convicted in January of third-degree murder and child endangerment. He was sentenced to the maximum 22-and-a-half to 45 years in prison.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stoney12
Back