1075 users online (230 members and 845 guests)  

Websleuths News

VA - Meranda Hayden, 25, Abingdon, 4 April 2006

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
    Missing Since: April 4, 2006 from Abington, Virginia
    Classification: Endangered Missing
    Date Of Birth: July 5, 1980
    Height and Weight: 5'6, 200 pounds
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Hayden has a tattoo of an angel on her right ankle and a scar on her eyelid.
    Clothing/Jewelry Description: A long-sleeved burgundy pullover shirt, blue jeans and white tennis shoes.

Details of Disappearance
    Hayden was last seen in Abington, Virginia on April 4, 2006. She resided in the 16200 block of Mary Street at the time. She was reported missing by her parents on April 5. Hayden has never been heard from again. The red four-door 2005 Chevrolet Impala she was last known to be driving was found abandoned on Alabama Street in Bristol, Tennessee shortly after her disappearance. Few details are available in his case.

Investigating Agency
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Washington County Sheriff’s Office
    276-676-6277

Source Information
    Virginia State Police
    The Bristol Herald Courier

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...n_meranda.html

Meranda Faith Hayden
    Gone, April 5, 2006

Approaching two years after her daughter disappeared, Debbie Wampler described her family’s life in these terms:

"I know we’re not coping with it. We’re just existing."

After several brief phone conversations over the past two weeks, Wampler cancelled scheduled sit-down interviews on two occasions.

"Right now ain’t a good time to talk about my daughter ... so just forget about this meeting this evening. I’m sorry," she said in a message on a reporter’s voicemail.

Wampler and her husband are in the process of adopting their daughter’s children, and prefer to keep a low profile, Jimmy Wampler explained.

It is largely because of the children that police opened an investigation into the then-26-year-old Hayden’s disappearance.

"We understand that she has children at home," said Capt. Jack Davidson of the Washington County (Va.) Sheriff’s Office. "We feel like there may be some criminal involvement in her disappearance."

Though Hayden’s parents would not speak in depth about her, Jimmy Wampler gave this reaction to the discovery last month of human remains.

"You’re sitting here on pins and needles before you ever hear anything, whether it’s going to be her or not. It just keeps you all messed up."

bumping

missing for 2 years now.

Authorities Exploring Possibility Body Could Be One Of Three Missing Women

http://www.tricities.com/tri/news/lo...g_women/15050/

The body found in an abandoned Abingdon house Sunday might not match exactly the reports of local missing persons, but it comes close. Washington County, Virginia investigators say they may now know who is “Jane Doe.” Tricities.com reporter Nicki Mayo has the details on News Channel 11’s Morning Edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy's mom View Post
    http://www.tricities.com/tri/news/lo...g_women/15050/

The body found in an abandoned Abingdon house Sunday might not match exactly the reports of local missing persons, but it comes close. Washington County, Virginia investigators say they may now know who is “Jane Doe.” Tricities.com reporter Nicki Mayo has the details on News Channel 11’s Morning Edition.
    How embarassing!!! That's the link I THOUGHT I posted. Sorry.

This is very close to me - I heard it on local news and put it into Google and came up with the WS link.

Quote Originally Posted by happy2bn10ec View Post
    You know what's funny, is that I thought that might be what you were trying to do but I wasn't sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy's mom View Post
    You know what's funny, is that I thought that might be what you were trying to do but I wasn't sure.
    Well, you were exactly right....and what can I say, except it 's been a long day/week/month!

So, aren't you in CA? How did you hear about this so far away?
    (or maybe I am wrong about CA, too?)

And it's 11:00 here and this is going to be on the news again in a minute - I'll post if there's anything new.

They will not say that it is definitely Meranda, but they are checking dental records and it is known that she had a similar tatoo. So it more than likely is her.

At least, the family will know now maybe.

I just heard on the local news that the body was that of Meranda Hayden. No COD yet.

http://wcyb.com/Body-Identified/3184246

From August 2010:

http://www.heraldcourier.com/news/oa...03de0b571.html

In the first few hours after Oadis William White III arrived at the Bristol Virginia Jail, detectives from two neighboring jurisdictions interviewed the convicted rapist and robber, now charged with first-degree murder, about at least three other unsolved homicides...

The Washington County Sheriff’s Office also called White a “subject of interest” in the death of another young woman, found in a deserted house off Wyndale Road in Abingdon...

In April 2006, Meranda Faith Hayden left her parents’ Abingdon home and never returned. More than two years later, in October 2008, her bones were found in an abandoned house deep in the brush off Wyndale Road in Abingdon. The home and the property it sits on, according to Washington County records, is owned by White’s late stepfather. Washington County Sheriff’s Capt. Jack Davidson said White is the last person known to have seen Hayden alive.
    From May 2013:

http://www.kfvs12.com/story/22272330...wers-for-ashli

Here's a timeline of events tied to Oadis White:

July 17, 2004: White discovers Ashli Ayers' body in the basement of his Johnson City, TN home
    December 2005: Leah Feltner disappears
    April 2006: Meranda Hayden disappears
    February 2007: Feltner's remains found in Bristol creek, close to a home where White served as caretaker.
    April 2007: Jill Pope disappears
    December 2007: Pope's remains found in the same creek as Feltner's
    October 2008: Hayden's remains are found in home on property owned by a White family member
    March 2010: The body of White's girlfriend, Angela Statzer, is found in Bristol VA
    May 2011: White convicted of first degree murder in Statzer's death

White is at the Wallens Ridge State Prison in Virginia serving a life sentence. He was convicted of sexually assaulting his cellmate in 2011.