NY NY - Bambi Madden, 31, Binghamton, 11 Jan 2006

Rle7

Reaction score
Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance
Missing Since: January 11, 2006 from Binghamton, New York
Classification: Endangered Missing
Date of Birth: June 21, 1974
Height and Weight: 5'4 - 5'8, 100 - 115 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Blonde hair, blue/hazel eyes. Madden's nickname is Bam Bam and she may use the following alias last names: Burns, Fiske and/or Griswold. Her ears are pierced and she wears eyeglasses for reading. She smokes cigarettes, preferably Marlboro or Newport brand, drinks beer, and enjoys eating at McDonald's restaurants. Madden has a scar on her right hand. She has the following tattoos: a flower and rainbow on her right shoulder, a rose on her right breast, the letters "SWF," "CMG," and "TOM" on her left shoulder, a guitar with musical notes on her right ankle, a unicorn and crescent moon on her right thigh, a guitar and the name "Tommy" on her right shoulder, and flames and skulls on her right shoulder.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A size medium dark-colored puffy South Pole or Polo jacket, size 3 black jeans, size 6 black Timberland boots, gold earrings and a gold ring with a red stone.
Medical Conditions: Madden has a history of drug abuse.

bar.jpg

Details of Disappearance
Madden was last seen walking away from her residence in the 20 block of Winding Way in Binghamton, New York at 11:00 p.m. on January 11, 2006. She said she was going to a convenience store to buy beer. She never came home and has never been heard from again. Madden apparently did not visit any local stores; surveillance cameras at those establishments did not show her there on the night of her disappearance. She was carrying $5 in cash at the time she went missing.
At the time of her disappearance, Madden frequented Sara's Pub and the Brass Rail Grill, both bars on Clinton Street in Binghamton. No one at the bars remembers seeing her after January 11, however. At first it was believed she had left of her own accord, although she has never been gone this long before without contacting her family. She is married and has three children and a grandchild. She was petitioning to get custody of her grandchild, and disappeared the day before a scheduled court hearing on the matter. Madden's loved ones describe her as a friendly person with no known enemies. Although there is no hard evidence of foul play in her case, the possibility has not been ruled out. Her disappearance remains unsolved.

bar.jpg

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Binghamton Police Bureau
607-772-7080

bar.jpg
Source Information
Federal Bureau of Investigation
The Press and Sun-Bulletin
Binghamton Crime Stoppers
CNN
WBNG-TV
Missing Person Website for Bambi Lyn Madden
The National Center for Missing Adults
CBS News

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/madden_bambi.html

Walking down a street on Binghamton's West Side, I came across a tattered poster, a remnant from two years ago when Bambi Lynn Madden vanished. Mud-soaked, torn and held by a single staple to a telephone pole, it was flapping in the cold January wind.

It was two years on the 11th of this month since the evening when Bambi went out for a beer and never came home again. She had $5 in her pocket, her family said. She was headed for a Main Street convenience store. It is like a hole opened up in the universe between her apartment on Winding Way and that convenience store, and it swallowed up the slight, blond mother of three.

Just gone.

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/p...0080127/COLUMNISTS05/801270334/1004/LIFESTYLE

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080812/NEWS01/808120324/1001

12 August 08

Another Binghamton woman vanished in January 2006 after leaving on foot to go to a nearby convenience store to buy beer. Bambi Madden, then 34, never returned to her Winding Way residence. There are no substantial new developments in the missing-person investigation into Madden's disappearance, Minor said.

Madden had three children.

more at link

Interesting...she was petitioning for custody of her grandchild. That could've upset someone...?

Anyway, she's a year older than me...and she has a grandchild. Huh.

Ok, not to sound finicky here, but 31 seems AWFULLY young to have a grandchild....

I suppose it's passable if she was say 15 or 16 when she had her child and the child was 16 when they became parents. It just seems awful young.

I'm a very local local. Bambi is still missing. I find myself wondering if she could be a victim of Israel Keyes. I wish we had more to go on with this case.

http://missingpersonsnews.com/binghamton-ny-woman-still-missing-after-nearly-seven-years/

"On January 11, 2006, thirty-four year old Bambi Lyn Madden left her house at 29 Winding Way in Binghamton, NY, to walk to a nearby convenience store. Though it was 11pm, the petite blonde-haired, blue-eyed wife and mother of three, was just going to run down the road quick for beer. She set off with $5 in her pocket, wearing a pair of size 3 black jeans, a black medium-sized South Pole brand puffy jacket, and a pair of size 6 Timberland boots. It was a cold, dark January night in upstate NY, and one would expect anyone out walking in the weather would want to make their trek quickly. But hour after hour passed and eventually morning came, and still she had not returned. Bambi Lyn Madden had vanished in the night."

More at link

Bambi_zpsdbf06023.jpg

Hope remains for a missing woman

"She would've never left her kids, I think someone took her," said Bambi's sister Jackie Fiske.

The Binghamton Police Department have been on the case since Bambi Madden went missing, but they say they haven't had any leads in years.

Every year, in January, Bambi's family holds a vigil in her honor. They said they don't want people to forget that Bambi is still out there.

Bambi has been missing since January 11, 2006. I'm not sure local LE cares since she has had a previous drug conviction. This area is pretty bad off as it is; I'm sure local LE doesn't really care much about a woman who has prior convictions. I've not seen much about her at all on local news, ever. I wish we could bring her home.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/madden_bambi.html

I've seen several articles referencing her as 34. That is still young to be a grandmother but I'm thinking she was 34. I believe her oldest was 19 at the time she went missing.

Just saw this on FB:
"We are having the vigil for Bambi Madden on January 11th at 7p.m. at the One Stop on Front Street
Hope to see you there"

Bumping for Bambi

There is going to be a vigil for Bambi tomorrow evening (January 11) at the One Stop on Front Street in Binghamton at 7pm.

I went to Bambi's candlelight vigil. There weren't many people there. But her family was there & it was incredibly heartbreaking to see. The news channel were there as well. So at least it got some media attention. I just wish LE would do something. How can she just disappear & they don't do a thing about it?!

Bumping for Bambi. I'm hoping somebody local to Bambi (Binghamton) can chime in here. I'm local to this area but I don't know her family directly. I've followed missing persons cases & since I moved to Bing in 2010, I've been following Bambi's case.

I am wondering if I should invite Bambi's family to WS? I know how to contact them. I went to her vigil on the 11th & very briefly met one of her family members. It was sooooo heartbreaking to see. Can somebody help me with what to say if I do contact them to invite them here? Thank you in advance!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea
Back