Update on Michael Vick's dogs!

panthera

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
An underdog's second chance

updated 2 hours, 10 minutes ago

His back resting comfortably against her chest, Hector nestles his massive canine head into Leslie Nuccio’s shoulder, high-fiving pit bull paws against human hands.

The big dog — 52 pounds — is social, people-focused, happy now, it seems, wearing a rhinestone collar in his new home in sunny California.
But as Hector sits up, deep scars stand out on his chest, and his eyes are imploring.

“I wish he could let us know what happened to him,” says Nuccio, the big tan dog’s foster mother.

Hector ought to be dead, she knows — killed in one of his staged fights, or executed for not being “game” enough, not winning, or euthanized by those who see pit bulls seized in busts as “kennel trash,” unsuited to any kind of normal life.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22844052/

photos at the link!!

What a great story! It's good to know that the dogs that made it out of that place will have a happy, loving life. :)

I thought it was so heartwarming to see the lady holding the big dog ~ and photos of the others adjusting to a new, happy life! Bless the people who care for all of God's creatures. :)

I thought it was so heartwarming to see the lady holding the big dog ~ and photos of the others adjusting to a new, happy life! Bless the people who care for all of God's creatures. :)

I posted this on the news board too. I was so happy to see that they are doing well and going to good places.

Here's the story on 3 of Vick's dogs that were taken in by a rescue in Baltimore.

A tail-wagging end
After rough start, three pit bulls owned by Michael Vick resettle in Baltimore.

by Lynn Anderson | Sun reporter
January 12, 2008

A Baltimore group dedicated to rescuing abused and abandoned dogs and cats has been selected to foster three pit bulls formerly housed at kennels in rural Virginia owned by suspended NFL quarterback Michael Vick, who was convicted of federal dogfighting charges.

The dogs have been taken to Maryland and are being housed with various "foster families," according to members of Recycled Love Inc., a volunteer nonprofit organization.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/baltimore_city/bal-md.ci.dogs12jan12,0,1187982.story

Pictures at link.

Another article just published yesterday:

Traumatized dogs in recovery
Pit bulls traumatized by life in dogfighting ring find a caring foster home in Maryland
By Matthew Dolan | Sun reporter
January 28, 2008

Daisy and Lili gingerly padded around the fenced-in backyard yesterday afternoon, still a little nervous at their new surroundings.

The sweet-tempered pit bulls rescued from the stable of fighting dogs once overseen by former NFL standout Michael Vick are still shaking off their traumatic experience, said Catalina Stirling, a longtime advocate for ill-treated animals and the dogs' new foster "mom."

"I've worked with a lot of abused dogs," Stirling said. "But these dogs had really shut down."
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bal-md.dogs28jan28,0,4849601.story

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eagerhuntress