Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    what about:

[url]http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/400df
    Your link is bad. Here's a good link for your possible match (Marlene Santana)

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/400dfny.html

... and here's her Charley page.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...a_marlene.html

She could be, but she has a distinctive physical deformity in her feet. I suppose it could have been corrected, or the ME might have neglected to mention it.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

Lightbulb

Sorry to quote myself! Would be interested to know what you all think of this little girl as a possible match??

Quote Originally Posted by belfastgirl73 View Post
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/143dftx.html

Megan Elizabeth Garner
    Missing since March 27, 1991 from Tyler, Smith County, Texas.
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
    •Date Of Birth: October 9, 1987
    •Age at Time of Disappearance: 3 years old
    •Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'2; 30 pounds
    •Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown, straight hair; brown eyes. Olive complexion. She is right-handed. Garner has shadows beneath her eyes.
    •Clothing: A long-sleeved pink, blue and green-striped shirt; pink corduroy pants; blue socks; and blue and white Reebok tennis shoes.
    •DNA: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Garner was last seen at approximately 11:00 on March 27, 1991.
    She was in a playground near her home in Tyler, Texas at the time.

Hi All,

What do you think of this possible match? It is late here and I'm tired, lol.....

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/143dftx.html

Megan Elizabeth Garner
    Missing since March 27, 1991 from Tyler, Smith County, Texas.
    Classification: Non-Family Abduction

Vital Statistics
    •Date Of Birth: October 9, 1987
    •Age at Time of Disappearance: 3 years old
    •Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 3'2; 30 pounds
    •Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown, straight hair; brown eyes. Olive complexion. She is right-handed. Garner has shadows beneath her eyes.
    •Clothing: A long-sleeved pink, blue and green-striped shirt; pink corduroy pants; blue socks; and blue and white Reebok tennis shoes.
    •DNA: Available

Garner was last seen at approximately 11:00 on March 27, 1991.
    She was in a playground near her home in Tyler, Texas at the time.

Hi All,

What do you think of this possible match? It is late here and I'm tired, lol.....
    I think it's a pretty good match, only thing is the distance. But the height, weight and age and date is right one. Well worth a look into it.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TickleB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TickleB View Post
    I think it's a pretty good match, only thing is the distance. But the height, weight and age and date is right one. Well worth a look into it.
    Thanks for your comments. I keep thinking surely this has already been checked out - but maybe not?

Thanks for your comments. I keep thinking surely this has already been checked out - but maybe not?
    Omg. I thought of Megan, too. 20 years she's been gone... Megan <3 she disappeared from my hometown when I was a senior in high school. A friend and I helped distribute fliers. I think about her everyday.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KeepThemOnTheRadar For This Useful Post:

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/garner_megan.html

Megan's Charley says DNA testing was done against a child discovered in 1991, but I do not know if it is THIS child. The recovered child was not Megan.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KeepThemOnTheRadar For This Useful Post:

How could I find out? I'm pretty new at this stuff and being from Ireland it is not easy for me to contact LE there!

The child Megan was tested against was in fact Baby Hope. Not a match.

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to forthelost For This Useful Post:

Baby Hope

This is my first time posting and I was thinking about Baby Hope today. I know her DNA was collected, but did LE run her DNA in their database to find a match?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to nba961 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nba961 View Post
    This is my first time posting and I was thinking about Baby Hope today. I know her DNA was collected, but did LE run her DNA in their database to find a match?

According to NamUs, the DNA sample is available but not yet submitted. I interpret that to mean that it is not in the FBI DNA Database (CODIS). I don't know how current or accurate that information is though. It may that they haven't updated the NamUs casefile.

https://identifyus.org/cases/7494

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CarlK90245 For This Useful Post:

This case was my very first interest in true crime. I remember reading the book and crying. I so wish they would identify this child, someone has lived with this secret for a very long time and this lil' child has gone for far too long without justice or even the dignity of her identity. If something isn't done soon with the DNA I fear her murderer will leave this life (if they haven't already) and will never be identified.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to momtective For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post

According to NamUs, the DNA sample is available but not yet submitted. I interpret that to mean that it is not in the FBI DNA Database (CODIS). I don't know how current or accurate that information is though. It may that they haven't updated the NamUs casefile.

https://identifyus.org/cases/7494
    Thanks Carl! I'm starting to think "Judy Brown", who contacted LE about the case three days after Baby Hope was discovered may be related to the little girl. Possibly her mother.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nba961 For This Useful Post:

What about....

Vivian Paola Montanez Castellanos
    Missing since June 21, 1988 from Cucuta, Colombia.
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: August 21, 1986
    Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 months old
    Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown eyes; black hair.

On June 21, 1988, Vivian was taken to a park by her nanny who then fled with her. There were others involved in the kidnapping as well.
    The child's father has a manufacturing plant in San Antonio de Tachira, Venezuela across the border from Cucuta, Colombia (very close to each other). Two men from the factory, the nanny and another woman were trying to receive ransom from the family, but the Cucuta Police were notified and the people were caught and sent to prison for 3 years. They said that they abandoned the girl on a mountainous country road. They have always stuck to that story.

In 1999 or 2000, the family received a lead from one of the kidnappers' family that the girl was in Denver, Colorado. This lead was pursued and the local news media did a story on Vivian Paola. There were never any new leads after that.

The family believes the girl was taken into Venezuela and then sold, and possibly has been in the USA living for many years with a very controlling family. They also believe the girl is not allowed to have very many friends.

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1475dfcol.html

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...os_vivian.html

** Second last photo is age enhanced to age 4
    ** Last photo is of Vivian Castellonos's sister

--------

The only possible rule-out off the top is the fact that in pictures Vivian Castellonos had pierced ears in 1988, I looked into this a bit and found out holes with no earrings can heal in as little as 5 months possibly leaving little indentation. NamUs reads the UID's body condition: not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction. So if there was a little indentations it's possible that they were not noticed due to body condition.

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Deeds For This Useful Post:

A new article on this case...

http://www.metro.us/newyork/local/ar...-found-in-1991

NYPD reopens cold case of dead toddler girl found in 1991
    DANIELA BERNAL
    NEW YORK
    Published: July 24, 2012 3:44 p.m.

The NYPD re-opened a cold case Tuesday involving the remains of a toddler girl found stuffed in a cooler off the Henry Hudson parkway 21 years ago this month.

In a sketch released by officials today, Jane Doe, renamed Baby Hope, is pictured with dark brown or black shoulder-length hair and bangs....
    This is the new sketch released. I hope it is OK to post this from the article...

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ctaylor For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast