GUILTY TX - Alijah Mullis, 3 mos, stomped to death, Galveston, 29 Jan 2008

Pandora

Reaction score
GALVESTON, Texas -- A baby's body and car seat have been found in Galveston, KPRC Local 2 reported.

Galveston police said a couple driving around looking at wildlife spotted what they thought was a doll near Seawall Boulevard and Ferry Road at about 9 a.m.

The couple discovered it was a baby and called police.

Investigators said the baby boy was 3 to 6 months old with blond hair.

A car seat was found about 30 feet from the baby's body, police said.

More at link:
http://www.click2houston.com/news/15165332/detail.html

It is extremely windy in Texas today. Gusts near the Gulf coastline would have been especially strong.
I wonder if the baby was left in the carseat but not strapped in properly. The wind would be plenty strong to blow over the carseat and carry it 30 feet into the brush.
When my babies were that tiny, they had trouble breathing when the wind was in their face. Could it have been an abandoned baby who was killed by the elements?

Susan

I hope they can identify him by his footprints. I guess they are calling hospitals or where ever birth records are stored to go through those records and check Baby Doe's footprints against those. How sad.

<snip>
Trevino declined to reveal the nature of the trauma, but said police definitely suspect foul play. He said the child had been dumped recently, possibly overnight.

Officers also found a child safety seat about 35 feet from the body. “The child was partially clothed,” Trevino said. “And it appeared to have been ejected from a seat, either thrown out or fell out. We don’t want to specify the injury, because if someone calls to confess, that’s important information.”

Trevino said police would immediately begin working to identify the boy by researching medical records.
</snip>

More at link: http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=c9816389c18ff395

Poor little boy, and he suffered head trauma. I wonder if there's any reports filed on missing baby in the area? This is a shame.

LE stated no reports of missing children, huh, answered my own question!
Maybe baby not from around that location, they usually aren't though. It's possible that he's been there for a couple of days, boy, saw picture of location very isolated. IMO

http://www.click2houston.com/news/15165332/detail.html

GALVESTON, Texas -- A baby's body and car seat have been found in Galveston, KPRC Local 2 reported.

Galveston police said a couple driving around looking at wildlife spotted what they thought was a doll near Seawall Boulevard and Ferry Road at about 9 a.m.

Jesse Zaro said he got out to look at it and discovered it was a baby. He said he became ill, cried and nearly collapsed before telling his wife about the shocking find.

and

Investigators said the baby boy was 3 to 6 months old with blond hair. Detectives said he suffered head trauma.

I have heard of situations where parents put the car seat on the car roof while loading the car and then drive off with baby on top of the car. This could be the case. It does seem odd that the seat was found near the baby.

This is terrible. My heart goes out to the detectives in Galveston, they seem to have more than their fair share of these horrible crimes. I am sick just reading about it.
God I pray he didn't suffer...

:( Just unimaginable! The poor couple who found that precious baby boy...they will never be the same.

There are so many people who would take a child in their home and love it so much...why do others just throw them away like trash?!

:( Just unimaginable! The poor couple who found that precious baby boy...they will never be the same.

There are so many people who would take a child in their home and love it so much...why do others just throw them away like trash?!

This is one thing I will never understand, instead of giving the child to someone else who would love it and take care of it they murder them! How disgusting.

This just really makes me feel terrible. Poor baby!

And the poor couple that found the baby--How sad!

And Galveston did not deserve this, either.

I hope the foot print identification works. Someone must have cared for this child if there was a car seat.

I have heard of situations where parents put the car seat on the car roof while loading the car and then drive off with baby on top of the car. This could be the case. It does seem odd that the seat was found near the baby.

You're right I hadn't thought about that. Maybe the parent/caretaker forgot about the child. Like the ones who leave their kids in the hot car. Not that that makes this OK. This happened today. My goodness could you imagine being at work all day thinking your child is safe only to find out you accidentally killed him/her. I don't know which is worse on purpose or an accident.

Because of a car seat being found and their thinking that the baby was in it - it makes me wonder if this might not have been a carjacking situation and then someone realized there was a baby in the car. It makes me wonder if there isnt someone(s) else missing also and it not have been reported yet or they dont realize it yet...

Cherry Hill is where people go to party in Galveston. I wonder if the child was lost last night or the night before when some young mother was up there making out or getting high?

In the day time people go to watch wildlife or explore the old bunkers on the other side of the hill.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back