1210 users online (266 members and 944 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Husband poisoned wth antifreeze by wife

Lee Knight, 37, spent 16 weeks in a coma and nearly died in intensive care. He suffered irreparable kidney damage and now requires full-time care.
    Callous Kate Knight, 28, is facing life behind bars after being found guilty of attempted murder.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Kate Knight spent months researching how to kill him. way to go, Kate: enjoy life in prison. she never showed a shred of remorse. she had a handbagful of criminal offences before she tried to kill her husband.

sadly, life does not mean life in Britain. i bet she'll be out within 15 years.

Antifreeze is odorless and tasteless. Its very easy to use to kill someone. I think that something should have to be added to it to make it at least smell or taste horrible so that it cannot be used as easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    Antifreeze is odorless and tasteless. Its very easy to use to kill someone. I think that something should have to be added to it to make it at least smell or taste horrible so that it cannot be used as easily.
    I agree 100%. Frankly, I do not know why this hasn't been done. I actually have heard that it tastes sweet (which may or may not be true). Sweet would be even worse, because that would make it appealing from a taste and smell sense to kids and animals.

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    I agree 100%. Frankly, I do not know why this hasn't been done. I actually have heard that it tastes sweet (which may or may not be true). Sweet would be even worse, because that would make it appealing from a taste and smell sense to kids and animals.
    Now that you mention it, I think I heard that too! Easy enough to hide in just about anything.

There have been lots of animal rights groups trying to get the taste of antifreeze changed. It kills thousands of animals a year because of the sweet taste.

It doesn't smell bad or taste bad. Hmmm, makes you wonder why all these people try pinesol and all the other household chemicals to try and poison someone when they could use antifreeze instead. Another reason to change the taste and smell. Too many out there!