TX - Shanell Mosley for child endangerment, Houston, 2008

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Yeah, ummm so this woman went to Nigeria to get married and left her six children home alone. Plus she left two neighbors toddlers too. The fifteen year old daughter was left to care for all these kids. She got snagged. The daughter had crashed a van into the garage and told a school counselor about it. Met a man on the internet and went to Nigeria. She lives in TEXAS!http://www.click2houston.com/news/15161863/detail.html

Yeah, ummm so this woman went to Nigeria to get married and left her six children home alone. Plus she left two neighbors toddlers too. The fifteen year old daughter was left to care for all these kids. She got snagged. The daughter had crashed a van into the garage and told a school counselor about it. Met a man on the internet and went to Nigeria. She lives in TEXAS!http://www.click2houston.com/news/15161863/detail.html

I don't know what your problem is Filly. I think it was perfectly fine to leave all those kids with a 15 year old. The mother has got a right to have a life! :liar: :liar: :liar: :loser: :D

I don't know what your problem is Filly. I think it was perfectly fine to leave all those kids with a 15 year old. The mother has got a right to have a life! :liar: :liar: :liar: :loser: :D

Yeah you're right, Dean. I went off to Siberia once to marry a man I met on the internet and left my ten kids and three of the neighbors kids. Is that too much? Lady, actually thought nothing of it. Oh, yeah see where she said her sister was supposed to come up from New Orleans, but didn't? Yo, ya left on an airplane without checking? Oh and to meet a stranger in Nigeria? For the love of all things needin a man.

Yeah you're right, Dean. I went off to Siberia once to marry a man I met on the internet and left my ten kids and three of the neighbors kids. Is that too much? Lady, actually thought nothing of it. Oh, yeah see where she said her sister was supposed to come up from New Orleans, but didn't? Yo, ya left on an airplane without checking? Oh and to meet a stranger in Nigeria? For the love of all things needin a man.
Thing is....she didn't have to leave the country. I would have handed over my ex and EVEN BROUGHT THE LOSER TO HER! See? She got in trouble over nuthin!;) :D

Wasn't there a case just like this posted a month or so back?

So go ask the sister if its true! geesh that could sum this up pretty quick as to whether she was to watch them or not!

Did you guys see the house? I don't even have a house that nice or big..I thought when they were saying roach infested, trash littered,etc etc they were talking about some dump! What kind of job did this mother have? Oh and btw she says that the media are blowing this whole thing out of proportion! :rolleyes:

I've said it before, i'll say it again: people need to have licences before being allowed to procreate. :furious: :furious: :furious:

It's hard for me to even joke about this - I just don't see anything funny about going off and leaving toddlers in the care of teenagers. A teenager is a child, too, and shouldn't have that responsibility. It's insane and I'm glad they locked up the mother.

That original video said these people were originally from New Orleans and I'm wondering if they were displaced after Katrina? All the kids are in Foster Care now, and I hope they are ok. :(

That's what I was wondering, Vegas Bride. Where is the groom?

I read that the father of two of the toddlers has them now. The rest are still in foster care and I wonder where their fathers are.

Mom speaks for first time from behind bars. Vido link:

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/p...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.2.1

She claims she left money in her closet and gave one of her children 3 ATM cards.

Still claims sister was supposed to come up from New Orleans to care for them.

She says her sister should have told her if she was not coming.

Says this has been planned for over a year. She did get married but the honeymoon did not last long.

First court appearance tomorrow morning and she will fight for custody.

Article about the custody hearing held on the 16th:

People claiming to be relatives of the children appeared at the hearing Wednesday. The alleged family members said they were not aware that Mosley had left the kids alone.

James Rayford, who lives in Louisiana, says he is the father of the one-year-old and wants custody of that child.

Olguin says that paternity has to be determined for Rayford and that CPS has requested its counterpart in New Orleans to do a home study of the potential father.

The children ranging in age from 1 to 9 years old were left home alone on Dec. 31 in the care of their 15-year-old sister. The 15-year-old was also caring for a neighbor's 3-year-old boy and 4-year-old girl.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/p...n=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

The mother had no business leaving until her sister showed up!:banghead:

You don't just leave a 15-year-old with some money and say raise 6 kids!!!
15-year-olds are not mature, they are not even adults, they're still kids themselves.:doh: :behindbar Glad this woman's behind bars. The honeymoon didn't last, did the marriage? Was it worth it???

That original video said these people were originally from New Orleans and I'm wondering if they were displaced after Katrina? (

Yes, I believe that's the case. Many are still reaping FEMA benefits for their housing. :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back