1518 users online (248 members and 1270 guests)  

Websleuths News

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...

Mimicking movie, boys end up with bleeding tongues

http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=85210

Two fourth-grade boys mimicking a scene from the movie "A Christmas Story" wound up with their tongues stuck to a frozen flagpole.

Gavin Dempsey and James Alexander were serving on flag duty at Jackson Elementary School Friday morning, with the job of raising and lowering the school's flags. They decided to see if their tongues really would stick to the cold metal....

Billie Dempsey, Gavin's mom, said a nurse called them to tell them the boys' tongues were bleeding.

"The nurse asked them, 'OK, who double-dog dared who?"' Billie Dempsey said, a reference to a phrase that a character in the movie used to dare another child to stick his tongue to the pole.

Ok, I just thought that was kind of cute.

We did this all the time when we were kids. All you have to do it put warm water or spit on it. Poor goofy kids.

"It's stuuuuuuuuuucccccckkkkkkkk!" LOL

Oh this made me laugh!!!!

When I was about 11 years old, my brother who was about 5 decided to stick his tongue on the railing outside of church. It was FREEZING out so you all know what happened, LOL. My mother ran back into church to get some hot water but buy the time she came back out he already pulled his tongue off. Well, the next day it was all healed, I was amazed!!! Silly kids.

I knew it was going to be a Christmas story!!! LOL!!

Do you guys remember that "rescue 911" episode with the lady that got her tongue stuck in the freezer?

BOYS! Especially boys that age will take a dare. Right this moment there's seven of boys around that age on skateboards in the back alley of our drives LAYING down on the skateboards and going in the middle of the big street. Daring eachother who will go in the street. It's rush hour and they do this all the time at rush hour. A driver can NOT see them laying down on them boards. Oh, sorry. O.K. nobody I know here stuck their tongue on no pole. A dare was to eat a cockroach or vomit, but not stick your tongue on a cold pole. Cute though. So much cuter than these lil nut-nuts out my back window.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    BOYS! Especially boys that age will take a dare. Right this moment there's seven of boys around that age on skateboards in the back alley of our drives LAYING down on the skateboards and going in the middle of the big street. Daring eachother who will go in the street. It's rush hour and they do this all the time at rush hour. A driver can NOT see them laying down on them boards. Oh, sorry. O.K. nobody I know here stuck their tongue on no pole. A dare was to eat a cockroach or vomit, but not stick your tongue on a cold pole. Cute though. So much cuter than these lil nut-nuts out my back window.
    I think I'll take the vomit please.

Quote Originally Posted by deanws View Post
    I think I'll take the vomit please.
    LOL It'd be this kid Denny Swanson's if ya don't mind. That was his big thing to bet people like $20.00 they wouldn't do it. Kid puked at will. Yeah, good times on my block back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    And the parents would blame the driver in a MINUTE when the kid ended up dead or in the hospital with head injury, internal injuries, a broken leg or pelvis!!! DRIVES ME NUTS because do you have any idea how many times I have taken care of kids who have been hitten by cars - and to find out they were doing stupid crap like that where the driver had no chance of seeing them (and they were still suing the driver?!?!).
    It happens!