1297 users online (294 members and 1003 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PA - Washington Grandma Locks Boy, 10, In Dog Crate, Claims He Poisoned Her

WASHINGTON, Pa. A woman in southwestern Pennsylvania locked her 10-year-old grandson in a feces-filled dog crate for about 90 minutes because he told his family he had been spiking their drinks with lamp oil and household cleaner, police said.
    Rhonda Lehman, 51, also called Washington County's Mental Health/Mental Retardation office and said if someone wouldn't come for the boy, she would bury him alive in the back yard, police said.
    Lehman has custody of the boy, who told police he was lacing the drinks with the oil and a cleaner named "Bam" because "he was angry because he didn't get to go on a trip" last year, said Washington police Officer James Markley.
    It is possible the boy had been spiking the drinks for a while, authorities said. Family members became sick, but were not hospitalized.
    On Saturday, the boy was put in a 3-foot-by-4-foot plastic dog cage with only a small metal door for him to look out, Markley said.
    Lehman was charged with child endangerment and making terroristic threats.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,326526,00.html

Well, I guess I give her credit. She did call someone to come help her with the boy. It's better than a lot of parents/care givers do. She didn't harm the boy and protected herself until someone came to get him. The brother, on the other hand, should be charged with punching the boy. I have a feeling there is more to the story. The boy definately has some problems.

this is pretty scary, if he is only ten and capable of poisoning someone what will he be capable of at 16? Or above for that matter. My son is nine and I dont think he even realizes that you can kill someone like that or that he would ever try. So scary.

I can't find the link where I first read about this, but I think there's some serious problems with this family other than the 10 yr old boy. I believe the grandmother told the boy "don't come back" as they hauled him away. They should be locking the 24 yr old up too. IMO

I couldn't find the story on the link.

Wonder why he admitted he'd been poisoning them? Was the grandmother raising that boy? You know some of those granny's are tough and don't tolerate any nonsense.

Unhappy

Boy, this whole family is dysfunctional! Makes my family look normal.

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Boy, this whole family is dysfunctional! Makes my family look normal.
    Yea, I have to wonder if they drove this boy insane. Maybe he would not have mental health problems if he were raised by other people.

I hear banjo's dueling in the background

Here's the article I wrote about earlier.
    http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...77/detail.html

The boy's 24-year-old brother, Michael McCreery, is charged with punching the youngster.

The 10-year-old is now with the county's Children and Youth Services agency.

"He said goodbye to his grandmother, and she didn't seem remorseful for anything she did," said Markley. "She told him not to come back. When I asked the brother, 'Why would you punch a 10-year-old in the eye?' He said, 'It's better than what I wanted to do to him.'" (video and pics at link)

I sure hope there's time left to turn this little guy around.

Quote Originally Posted by ISPTRAX View Post
    I hear banjo's dueling in the background
    OMG, that is terrible and hilarious at the same time!
    vs

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Here's the article I wrote about earlier.
    http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...77/detail.html

The boy's 24-year-old brother, Michael McCreery, is charged with punching the youngster.

The 10-year-old is now with the county's Children and Youth Services agency.

"He said goodbye to his grandmother, and she didn't seem remorseful for anything she did," said Markley. "She told him not to come back. When I asked the brother, 'Why would you punch a 10-year-old in the eye?' He said, 'It's better than what I wanted to do to him.'" (video and pics at link)

I sure hope there's time left to turn this little guy around.
    Getting out of that nuthouse is probably the best thing for this child! God bless him. Btw, I have heard of people accidentally drinking that Bam! cleaner, because it's purple and it smells like grape soda.

Eww, Anita! I wondered how his whole family didn't notice their drink(s) tasted "off".

A few years ago, we had a case locally where two daughters tried to put pine sol in a drink they made for their BLIND mother. Yeah, that didn't work out so well.

Maybe we should give that lonely Japanese man Granny Moses' phone number!

(Can't believe those two rotten girls tried to pine sol their poor, blind mother! Were they removed from the home, too?)

LOL omgosh, that japanese man would be in heaven hearing this granny.

I don't remember the details about the pine sol case....sorry!

By the way, did the animal society check out their animals? What's up with the cage w/feces all over it? Hope they weren't human...

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post

By the way, did the animal society check out their animals? What's up with the cage w/feces all over it? Hope they weren't human...
    Granny's?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast