Autistic boy, 9, takes the wheel at 70mph

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
With happy results! he saved his and his mother's lives. :clap: :clap: :clap:

A nine-year-old autistic "superhero" schoolboy grabbed the wheel of his mother's car when she blacked out at 70mph and saved them from a potentially fatal pile-up.

Jonathan Anderson bravely took over the controls of the car as they were driving along a busy road in rush-hour traffic.
Jonathan, who suffers from Asperger's syndrome, a form of autism, stretched over and took hold of the steering wheel.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=511231&in_page_id=1770

I'm still cheering over this. anyone else? :clap: :clap: :clap:

WOW! WOW! WOW! What a brave fella he was!!! Goes to show you how very intelligent and calm this kid was to be able to do this without crashing that car into other cars!! I don't know that any of us could have done it and we know how to drive!! LOL

KUDOS to that child!!! I know his mother must be so very thankful!

A comment from the newspaper article:

I am trying to get my head round how this boy took control, but my son (who is 4) and also has Asperger's. He put a nappy on a dolly and I am not sure how he did it, although it is a simple thing to do for an adult, but it must be from watching me. A lot of people with Asperger's are visual learners and and can playback things they see in their head just like a DVD recorder.

- M, Bedford

WOW...this is wonderful. I saw this on our news. Unbelievable!:eek:

I particularly love it as it's positive news!

lovely the news made it's way to Texas! :blowkiss:

Thanks for posting such uplifting news. It's great to end the day on a positive note!:clap:

My little Autistic boy blow dries his own hair and paints his own nails by watching me only.

Never doubt what children with autism/asperger's observe, or what they are capable of doing. Glad to see that his observations saved both their lives!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back